O'Charley's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O'Charley's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

1.9

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Seven years ago, we applied in person, which gave us the opportunity to make a great first impression. After filling out the application, it was brought to the manager on duty, who came out after a few minutes to talk to me. We talked for approximately 30 minutes, him asking about prior work experience and my employment expectations. He also gave me the opportunity to ask questions as well. After the interview, he told me that he'd call me by the next afternoon as to whether I was hired - he wanted to give the other managers the chance to review applications as well. The next morning he called and asked me to come in and fill out paperwork, and he gave me my training schedule.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that set you above other applicants? (or something extremely close to that)   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Two managers talked to me to make sure that my resumee was current and that I would be a good fit for the job. they wanted to make sure i would fit in with other employees.

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Holly Springs, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online and got a call the next day to come in and interview. The man was so nice and it was very easy and laid back. He asked me to come in the next day and interview with the General Manager for a final decision. I came in the next day and the GM was very nice as well. He offered me a job on the spot and sent me the link to my paperwork that night. I completed it right then and orientation was set up for the next day. So from the time I applied until the time I started orienting was a matter of 3 days in between.

Interview Questions

• In your previous work, what was a good day for you? What was a bad day?   Answer Question
    • If you went back to your previous job and were put into a management position what are 2 or 3 things you would do to improve the company?   Answer Question
    • In your previous work, were there any times you had to deal with angry people? How did you handle them?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is expected out of a good waiter/waitress?   Answer Question
    • What could a waiter/waitress do that would make you have an exceptional experience and make you want to come back again?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a week later to come do an in person interview. Took about an hour. Got the job on the spot. Was serving the next week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever served before?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Jonesboro, AR).

Interview

Online application was similar to most applications done for this job field. Received phone call the next day. No message left, and would have never known if I hadn't looked up the number for the missed call. Very short notice of a hour for the interview start time. Interview was over in 10 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Lafayette, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager met with me 15 minutes late. The actual interview took about 10 minutes. The manager was nice but straight forward. I was really nervous and answered the questions as truthfully as I could

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

David the manager is a pretty cool boss. There was absoulutely no pressure when I went in for the interview. The environment and people are accepting. They teach you training a week after your interview giving you plenty of time to situate yourself and prepare for work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked a hostes or server job like this before?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Savannah, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview is a two tier interview. The first part was quick with general questions about yourself and experience. The second part was similar. It entailed more detailed questions about your experience. The whole interview process was fairly quick and easy.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winder, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Winder, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a Skype interview with the recruiter. I thought it went so great. Then 2nd interview with area director went equally as good 40min drive from home. 3rd interview was more of a Q&A with training GM as he showed me around his
    Restaurant (also 40 mins from
    home). I was sure I had the job but on day 8 of Their "12 hiring process" received an email stating they went with another applicant. Just think that's a lot of trouble for a potential candidate that doesn't even get the job. Cut the chord after the 2nd interview, respect the applicants time.

Interview Questions

• The usual experience, what you feel is important about the business, and what is your best contribution to a managing team.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Interview with two managers, the hiring manager and the bar manager (even if you're not working at the bar) and the hiring manager will ask you most of the questions and give majority of the interview. It is mainly up to the hiring manager whether or not you get the job or not. The bar manager just interviews you so that the hiring manager can get a second opinion.

Interview Questions

• Do you knows anything about O'Charley's or what we stand for?   1 Answer