O'Charley's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O'Charley's Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Tupelo, MS) in August 2017.

Interview

I went to my interview and she was nice at first but then it turned sour so fast. She asked me why I quit my previous jobs and I told her the truth. She asked me about applebees how much I made as a server and I told her that I didnt make much. Then she asked if I had kids and I said yes. Then she told me that ppl with kids and who are food stamps(which I'm not) will lie saying they made less than they actually do so they can eat a bigger check. So she basically called me a liar. She asked me what was my longest job I held (which she asked twice before so she already knew) but she made say 8 months then she asked do I consider that a long time and I told her for my past jobs yes it is. Then she tells me that she has been working for 14 years and that is a long time. She made me feel like nobody should give me a chance. It was awful she said a lot of other stuff but this would be a novel. Do not work for these ppl

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Florence, KY).

Interview

Applied online. Went the next day to see if they received the app. Manager interviewed me on the spot. Came back the next day and was interviewed by the GM. Hired immediately

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Rock Hill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was brief and straight to the point. I was asked if I had any experience in the restaurant industry and basic personality questions. I think the biggest thing was making sure I could handle the pressure of several things going on at one and multitasking.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in the restaurant industry?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Seven years ago, we applied in person, which gave us the opportunity to make a great first impression. After filling out the application, it was brought to the manager on duty, who came out after a few minutes to talk to me. We talked for approximately 30 minutes, him asking about prior work experience and my employment expectations. He also gave me the opportunity to ask questions as well. After the interview, he told me that he'd call me by the next afternoon as to whether I was hired - he wanted to give the other managers the chance to review applications as well. The next morning he called and asked me to come in and fill out paperwork, and he gave me my training schedule.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that set you above other applicants? (or something extremely close to that)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Tupelo, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

I got there about 15 minutes early and the manager was late interviewing me. I went to a back table with him and he asked me what position I was interested in, what were my school plans, what were my summer plans, etc.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than the other people I am interviewing today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Lafayette, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager met with me 15 minutes late. The actual interview took about 10 minutes. The manager was nice but straight forward. I was really nervous and answered the questions as truthfully as I could

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Jonesboro, AR).

Interview

Online application was similar to most applications done for this job field. Received phone call the next day. No message left, and would have never known if I hadn't looked up the number for the missed call. Very short notice of a hour for the interview start time. Interview was over in 10 minutes.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

David the manager is a pretty cool boss. There was absoulutely no pressure when I went in for the interview. The environment and people are accepting. They teach you training a week after your interview giving you plenty of time to situate yourself and prepare for work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked a hostes or server job like this before?   2 Answers

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Charley's in March 2016.

Interview

Was emailed and asked to scheduled an initial interview. Interviewed a total of 3 times with 3 different managers over 2 weeks. Was called a few days after my last interview and offered position.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's in February 2012.

Interview

It was great and i like the managers being involved and i got to see the operation - i would like to have 1 interview but they did 2 and i got to see the team

Interview Questions

• What i think culture is about   1 Answer