O'Charley's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O'Charley's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

1.9

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call a few weeks later. Went in for an interview with an assistant manager and felt like I did well, was called back for a second interview with the general manager. She decided that I didn't have enough experience for the position and told me that waitress positions were available instead. That's not the job I was looking for so I declined

Interview Questions

• I was asked what salary I wanted   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

I applied one night out of the blue, and got a call the next day. I came in that thursday for an interview, most of the questions are aimed to see how you will interact with customers and situations, they ask a bit about yourself and so forth. maybe takes about 10-15 minutes. However most of the people that I see come in for the interviews usually have to wait 30-45 minutes until the managers even go and speak with them!

Interview Questions

• They do not ask you anything weird. They ask you more situation questions where you need to give the answer that best benefits the guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay for a server is 2.13+tips. For a bartender it is $5.00+tips and tip outs from servers.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winder, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Winder, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a Skype interview with the recruiter. I thought it went so great. Then 2nd interview with area director went equally as good 40min drive from home. 3rd interview was more of a Q&A with training GM as he showed me around his
    Restaurant (also 40 mins from
    home). I was sure I had the job but on day 8 of Their "12 hiring process" received an email stating they went with another applicant. Just think that's a lot of trouble for a potential candidate that doesn't even get the job. Cut the chord after the 2nd interview, respect the applicants time.

Interview Questions

• The usual experience, what you feel is important about the business, and what is your best contribution to a managing team.   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centerville, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Centerville, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was simple and to the point. All they ask for is what job title your looking for and they will decide whether you get accepted or not. No criteria.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As long as you work their crucial days they need you to work, they will more than likely hire you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Richmond, KY) in January 2009.

Interview

It consisted of an interview with a manager. He asked why I wanted to work there? How well I worked in a team? What type of worker I was?

Interview Questions

• What type of worker are you?   1 Answer
    • What type of animal would you be?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's in November 2011.

Interview

Communications were easy. Walked in, asked for the manager by name, filled out application, sat down and interviewed with manager on the spot and was offered the job. Came back a few days later to take personality test and fill out paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Knoxville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

She only asked me if I have had experience before. After that, I was asked if I can multitask under pressure. I was hired. Too simple.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since I was just a server.

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Brentwood, TN) in June 2008.

Interview

It was a total breeze. No hard questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, set pay.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Everything was very straight forward. I met with the Restaurant Manager instead of the Serving Manager because she was out of town. But when she called me, she sounded very eager to have me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the food and beverage industry?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Easy. Just answer some questions. Then you'll set up a time to start training and then the fun begins. The training process takes about a week. And they do an excellent job. Then you get your own section and start making money. The biggest thing is to pay attention during training.