O'Charley's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O'Charley's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.0

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

The process wasn't short and sweet straight to the point very direct. The manager was very outgoing and funny, made me feel at home. Offered me a job on the spot. Said that they would work with me on my schedule around school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Tupelo, MS) in August 2017.

Interview

I went to my interview and she was nice at first but then it turned sour so fast. She asked me why I quit my previous jobs and I told her the truth. She asked me about applebees how much I made as a server and I told her that I didnt make much. Then she asked if I had kids and I said yes. Then she told me that ppl with kids and who are food stamps(which I'm not) will lie saying they made less than they actually do so they can eat a bigger check. So she basically called me a liar. She asked me what was my longest job I held (which she asked twice before so she already knew) but she made say 8 months then she asked do I consider that a long time and I told her for my past jobs yes it is. Then she tells me that she has been working for 14 years and that is a long time. She made me feel like nobody should give me a chance. It was awful she said a lot of other stuff but this would be a novel. Do not work for these ppl

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Aiken, SC) in February 2013.

Interview

Got a call the day after I applied, set up an interview for the following day. I showed up, sat down at a table and talked with the GM. Then I was scheduled for another interview a few days later with another manager. It seemed to go well, both were friendly but professional, and I was hired by the end of the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Marietta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called in about a week after I submitted the application online. I was called in by the same manager I interview with and then the following day I met with the GM where I was offered the position

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Florence, KY).

Interview

Applied online. Went the next day to see if they received the app. Manager interviewed me on the spot. Came back the next day and was interviewed by the GM. Hired immediately

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Charley's in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within a few days I was contacted for an interview. My interview was fairly easy and it flowed pretty well. Nothing to worry about, it was very simple process.

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Rock Hill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was brief and straight to the point. I was asked if I had any experience in the restaurant industry and basic personality questions. I think the biggest thing was making sure I could handle the pressure of several things going on at one and multitasking.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in the restaurant industry?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Seven years ago, we applied in person, which gave us the opportunity to make a great first impression. After filling out the application, it was brought to the manager on duty, who came out after a few minutes to talk to me. We talked for approximately 30 minutes, him asking about prior work experience and my employment expectations. He also gave me the opportunity to ask questions as well. After the interview, he told me that he'd call me by the next afternoon as to whether I was hired - he wanted to give the other managers the chance to review applications as well. The next morning he called and asked me to come in and fill out paperwork, and he gave me my training schedule.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that set you above other applicants? (or something extremely close to that)   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Two managers talked to me to make sure that my resumee was current and that I would be a good fit for the job. they wanted to make sure i would fit in with other employees.

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Holly Springs, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online and got a call the next day to come in and interview. The man was so nice and it was very easy and laid back. He asked me to come in the next day and interview with the General Manager for a final decision. I came in the next day and the GM was very nice as well. He offered me a job on the spot and sent me the link to my paperwork that night. I completed it right then and orientation was set up for the next day. So from the time I applied until the time I started orienting was a matter of 3 days in between.

Interview Questions

• In your previous work, what was a good day for you? What was a bad day?   Answer Question
    • If you went back to your previous job and were put into a management position what are 2 or 3 things you would do to improve the company?   Answer Question
    • In your previous work, were there any times you had to deal with angry people? How did you handle them?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is expected out of a good waiter/waitress?   Answer Question
    • What could a waiter/waitress do that would make you have an exceptional experience and make you want to come back again?   Answer Question