O'Charley's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O'Charley's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Holly Springs, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online and got a call the next day to come in and interview. The man was so nice and it was very easy and laid back. He asked me to come in the next day and interview with the General Manager for a final decision. I came in the next day and the GM was very nice as well. He offered me a job on the spot and sent me the link to my paperwork that night. I completed it right then and orientation was set up for the next day. So from the time I applied until the time I started orienting was a matter of 3 days in between.

Interview Questions

• In your previous work, what was a good day for you? What was a bad day?   Answer Question
    • If you went back to your previous job and were put into a management position what are 2 or 3 things you would do to improve the company?   Answer Question
    • In your previous work, were there any times you had to deal with angry people? How did you handle them?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is expected out of a good waiter/waitress?   Answer Question
    • What could a waiter/waitress do that would make you have an exceptional experience and make you want to come back again?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Tupelo, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

I got there about 15 minutes early and the manager was late interviewing me. I went to a back table with him and he asked me what position I was interested in, what were my school plans, what were my summer plans, etc.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than the other people I am interviewing today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a week later to come do an in person interview. Took about an hour. Got the job on the spot. Was serving the next week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever served before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Lafayette, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager met with me 15 minutes late. The actual interview took about 10 minutes. The manager was nice but straight forward. I was really nervous and answered the questions as truthfully as I could

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Jonesboro, AR).

Interview

Online application was similar to most applications done for this job field. Received phone call the next day. No message left, and would have never known if I hadn't looked up the number for the missed call. Very short notice of a hour for the interview start time. Interview was over in 10 minutes.

Hostess/Togo Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Tupelo, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

They contacted me quickly and manager seemed nice. (Got to know him and he's not.) The interview didn't take long, I was offered the job on spot. The interview was smooth sailing. He asked me about my life and family, previous jobs and my interests.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with stress at your previous job? Do you have an example?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

David the manager is a pretty cool boss. There was absoulutely no pressure when I went in for the interview. The environment and people are accepting. They teach you training a week after your interview giving you plenty of time to situate yourself and prepare for work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked a hostes or server job like this before?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Savannah, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview is a two tier interview. The first part was quick with general questions about yourself and experience. The second part was similar. It entailed more detailed questions about your experience. The whole interview process was fairly quick and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

fill out an application, hand it into a manager. speak with them, call back in a couple days to check on application status, they wil then most likely set up and interview time. Dress in nice casual attire. You then Interview with Manager, fill out personal survery, and they discuss your answers.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winder, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Winder, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a Skype interview with the recruiter. I thought it went so great. Then 2nd interview with area director went equally as good 40min drive from home. 3rd interview was more of a Q&A with training GM as he showed me around his
    Restaurant (also 40 mins from
    home). I was sure I had the job but on day 8 of Their "12 hiring process" received an email stating they went with another applicant. Just think that's a lot of trouble for a potential candidate that doesn't even get the job. Cut the chord after the 2nd interview, respect the applicants time.

Interview Questions

• The usual experience, what you feel is important about the business, and what is your best contribution to a managing team.   Answer Question