O'Charley's Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O'Charley's Server Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Holly Springs, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online and got a call the next day to come in and interview. The man was so nice and it was very easy and laid back. He asked me to come in the next day and interview with the General Manager for a final decision. I came in the next day and the GM was very nice as well. He offered me a job on the spot and sent me the link to my paperwork that night. I completed it right then and orientation was set up for the next day. So from the time I applied until the time I started orienting was a matter of 3 days in between.

Interview Questions

• In your previous work, what was a good day for you? What was a bad day?   Answer Question
  • If you went back to your previous job and were put into a management position what are 2 or 3 things you would do to improve the company?   Answer Question
  • In your previous work, were there any times you had to deal with angry people? How did you handle them?   Answer Question
  • What do you think is expected out of a good waiter/waitress?   Answer Question
  • What could a waiter/waitress do that would make you have an exceptional experience and make you want to come back again?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for O'Charley's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a week later to come do an in person interview. Took about an hour. Got the job on the spot. Was serving the next week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever served before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Lafayette, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager met with me 15 minutes late. The actual interview took about 10 minutes. The manager was nice but straight forward. I was really nervous and answered the questions as truthfully as I could

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

David the manager is a pretty cool boss. There was absoulutely no pressure when I went in for the interview. The environment and people are accepting. They teach you training a week after your interview giving you plenty of time to situate yourself and prepare for work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked a hostes or server job like this before?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Savannah, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview is a two tier interview. The first part was quick with general questions about yourself and experience. The second part was similar. It entailed more detailed questions about your experience. The whole interview process was fairly quick and easy.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

They give a pretty easy "tell me about yourself" interview. They will ask you about previous job experience and will ask you why you believe you are qualified for the job.

Server Interview

Interview

Very simple, Go online to fill in an application. I waited a few days, and then called to speak to a manager. He called me in for an interview. I had to wait for a while for him to meet me, when he did he asked me a could of questions about why i thought i would be good for the position and my job experience. I received a call back a couple of days later.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Louisville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy. I applied and the manager called me within days and offered me an interview. She told me she looked over my application, and as long as I did well in the interview, I was hired. She even had me wear the uniform to the interview so I could start immediately after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's (Tupelo, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

I got there about 15 minutes early and the manager was late interviewing me. I went to a back table with him and he asked me what position I was interested in, what were my school plans, what were my summer plans, etc.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than the other people I am interviewing today?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Easy. Just answer some questions. Then you'll set up a time to start training and then the fun begins. The training process takes about a week. And they do an excellent job. Then you get your own section and start making money. The biggest thing is to pay attention during training.