O'Melveny & Myers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O'Melveny & Myers Interview Questions

Interviews at O'Melveny & Myers

2.6

Recruiting and Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at O'Melveny & Myers.

Interview

I had an initial call with the staff recruiter, followed by a call with the director of the recruiting department. I then had a full-round interview in the office. I never received any type of follow-up whatsoever, even to tell me they were passing, and it has now been over two months.

Interview Questions

• The interview was informal, more of a discussion than a question and answer format. I felt I was judged very quickly by appearance by the one of the male partners, who barely spent half the scheduled amount of time with me.   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Interview

Just here to comment on the invasive "test" they ask you to take (pymetrics). I got an email asking me to take this test. I don't know how I did, but I regret participating. I resent that a law firm with such a good reputation has begun to buy into the idea that playing games unrelated to real life (popping balloon for pretend money, etc) is reliably demonstrative of of a complex human being's manner of thinking about real life problems. I will not accept any further interviews from this firm.

HR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Melveny & Myers (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by the firm-wide recruiter to schedule a phone screen, in-person interview.

Very unpleasant experience with this firm. Do not let the 'BIG' name fool you. Lack of diversity all around, and extremely rude people I encountered throughout the process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Melveny & Myers in December 2019.

Interview

Apply online, set-up appointment for phone screen, phone screen, and then you get ghosted. Sent follow-up email to recruiter and did not hear back, extremely unprofessional recruitment strategies. Do not waste your time applying here.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Melveny & Myers (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

I received an email from them to speak with me. They wanted the times and days that I was available. I replied to them the same day and provided the days and times I was available.

Interview Questions

• They requested a phone interview with me and asked what dates and time I was available. I contacted the same day.   1 Answer

Client Development Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Melveny & Myers.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after submitting my application, with the first phone interview occurring about a week later. Following the phone interview were three video interviews. About 30 minutes after the video interviews, I was invited to visit the office. Since I am on the other side of the country, I asked if there would be compensation or the possibility to do another video interview instead of flying out. I never heard back from the firm after that inquiry.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your college major? Why do you want this job? What would you do if you disagreed with a manager? How do you handle multiple, ambiguous projects? What are your plans five years from now?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at O'Melveny & Myers.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email asking if I was available to come into their SF office to complete the required prescreening and prerequisite testing. A few weeks later I was contacted by the hiring manger who conveyed that I was one of three applicants selected from the prescreening pool to be granted an in-person interview. I was asked to perform an in-person interview with the group of attorneys I would be supporting. The hiring manager was brief about the interview process but did divulge that I would be meeting with multiple associate attorneys and multiple partners. On the day of the interview, I arrived early and was taken into a small conference room. The interview process lasted approximately four hours as I met with a total of six professionals (2 partners, 4 associates). The process was draining yet enlightening. The questions from the associates were conversational in nature, whereas the questions from the partners were direct, thought provoking, why-should-we-hire you type of questions. If I was to rate the difficulty of the questions posed by the associates, I would rate it a 3/10. On the same scale, the partners' questions would be rated an 8/10. Overall, the experience was amazing. My only complaint was that despite being told unequivocally that I would hear one way or another on the status of the position, I never heard anything. I emailed and called the hiring manager in the days and weeks following the interview astutely aware of the fine line between following up and being burdensome. I even left a voicemail for the interview assistant who proctored my pre-testing to see if he could shed any light on the status of the position. To my disappointment, I never received word from anyone at this company following my interview.

Interview Questions

• Associates: Tell me about yourself.

Partners: Questions weren't overly intrusive or technically difficult but stress level and directness of the questions made this portion much more difficult.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at O'Melveny & Myers (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Beautiful San Francisco office. I met with 5 attorneys over the course of approximately 3 hours with each interview lasting about 30 minutes or so. The interview with the associate attorneys were very informal and conversational. However, the conversations with the partners were more focused and stressful. Overall the experience itself was very pleasant. My only complaint was that following the interview the company did not return any inquiries into the status of the hiring process. Following my interview I never heard from them again. I would be inclined to complain about this, but I am quickly learning that not hearing back from an employer after an in person interview is common practice in the legal industry.

Client Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Melveny & Myers (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

After applying through the company website, I received a screening phone call. Afterwards, HR set up an in person interview with my would-be manager. For the last round, I had a phone call with three different people on the team, each about 10-15 minutes long. I dialed into a conference number and they each dial-ed in one by one. They were looking to fill the position quickly, so the whole process from the first screening and the final offer took less than 2 weeks.

Business Develop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at O'Melveny & Myers (Century City, CA).

Interview

Super nice people; the interview was so pleasant.

Interview Questions

• None really; it seemed like I was simply having a nice conversation   Answer Question

Negotiation

recruiter was involved; very easy