O'Reilly Auto Parts Customer Service/Merchandising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

O'Reilly Auto Parts Customer Service/Merchandising Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Customer Service/Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Lehi, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was very short and the first question before I even had the opportunity to relax was "Why should we hire you?" Then he began to explain the company and what he was looking for. If you don't have knowledge of auto-parts I wouldn't recomend this position. They will do a background check, call all of your references and previous employers. Be careful who you use as your references and previous employers. I told him I had no knowledge of auto parts but he still invited me to a second interview after he explained how they offer constant training (also made it very important to mention that I have desire to learn new skills though I lack knowledge of auto-parts)

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of the other applicants? "after the question he made sure to mention that times are tough with finding jobs and we want the best employee"   1 Answer
  • When we call your previous employer, what will they say about your work performace?   Answer Question
  • How do you rate your own job performace?   Answer Question
  • He then asked if I have ever been late or not shown up for work   Answer Question

He did invite me to a second interview even though he specifically said he wanted someone who knows auto-parts but would consider hiring me. If I was to get hired, I don't feel secure not knowing anything about the product I would be required to sell. (I applied as times are tough and need a job"