O'Reilly Auto Parts Parts Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

1.6

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Seattle, WA).

Interview

A bit confusing from what I remember, and a bit informal and off the cuff, I believe. My impression was they just wanted to see what you were like, all they wanted was a first impression. I went to one store, but ended up working at another store.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to operate a brake lathe?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

Parts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

basic questions. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? what is you experience with cars? Lastly, there was a quick test.On the test there were two columns of numbers side by side and next to it there were bubbles that said yes or no. If the numbers in row 1 column matched row 1 column 2 then you bubble in yes.

Anonymous Employee in Alva, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Alva, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was a bit relaxing and easy to apply yourself to. It took me about 1 hour to finish the whole 1 on 1 interview with the manager. I was asked many questions about myself and my experience with some of the services and products they offer their customers. It went well overall.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Long Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very brief and quick. The store manager just took me to the back of the store and asked me questions about myself and to tell him more about me while reading my resume. There werent really questions about cars, just asked me if I know anything about cars and how parts work.

Parts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in May 2016.

Interview

Got called for an interview from the manager for the next day. Took about an hour. Got called the next day for a secondary interview at another location with another manager. I called two weeks later and offered me a job. Did a background check and filled forms and started the next day

Interview Questions

• What auto parts experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple compromise.

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Hamilton, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and straight forward , to the point. No questions as in "Where do you see your self in 5 years" . I answered additional questions on the computer at the store and more information .

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking to start at?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Answering questions regarding your knowledge of automotive parts, schedule availability, they ask if you are a student, previous work experience, if you're interested in moving up within the career, if you are willing to take a drug test for the position, go over your responsibilities for the position which you have applied for, ask you to list various components within the brake system, charging system, etc... and a worksheet showing you can quickly match part numbers.

Interview Questions

• Name the components within a charging system   1 Answer
    • Components of the brake system   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Alexandria, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

All I had to simply do was apply online and wait and about two weeks later I got a call and they brought me in immediately and about a week after is when I started. The talk kindly over the phone and ask me to come in so I did about three days later I was notified that I was given the job

Interview Questions

• They asked me a select few questions and it only really regarded to how will you pay attention the part numbers and what parts look like and ask you things like what is a sleeve bearing look like general things like that nothing hard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Short, the hiring manager had already put in his two weeks so he would have hired anyone honestly. I was asked a few questions about parts and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• Can you name what this part is?   1 Answer

Parts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

It was a pretty typical interview. Sat down and answered a few questions. The only thing that stood out was the aptitude test you had to take to prove you could deal with numbers without transposing them. Probably important when dealing with part numbers (and money). Everyone was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existant