OANDA Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

OANDA Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Straight forward. One on one interview. Standard interview. They will ask the questions that are relevant to the job. Good work culture. Both fast and exciting at the same time. Good managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negatives

Partner Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OANDA in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call after a week of applying for the role. The interview was with a senior HR recruiter. The questions were simple soft questions about myself, my background, and my cultural fit with the company. At the end of the call, the rep told me that she would like to schedule the next round with the technical team, an asked for my availability. After I submitted my times, I heard nothing back for a week. I was given some excuse about her being sick. She then promised to get back to me in a few days. Again, I hear nothing. After the 3rd week, I ask again about the progress of my application. I then get told that they went with someone else without any apology.

I was also a customer of theirs. I have now moved my business to their competitor. I will never work for this company, and I am telling everyone I know to stay away from them.

Interview Questions

• When are you available for a chat with our managers?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OANDA.

Interview

Two rounds face to face, mostly technical and behavioural questions.
    Decision was taken quickly.Manager and Director took the interview. It was quick. friendly people
    I was informed the next day that i have been selected. got the offer next week.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OANDA.

Interview

Standard co-op interview. Asked a straight forward algorithm question and general web design knowledge questions. Then talked about the company and the culture, then they gave us time to ask questions about their company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website. I got an email from the in-house Recruiter with OANDA Corporation. She scheduled a call and we talked for 40 minutes. She was such a nice woman. She scheduled an interview for next week. I met 2 project managers on the team. After 3 weeks, I got an email from the recruiter and saying that I as a Product manager am not a good match for this position and the Product team would be a better fit for me given my career plans and ambitions which was a total truth.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

First Interview was a call from HR and Second interview was with 2 project managers in person. The third round interview is meeting the director. The second interview was 4 days after the HR screen.

Interview Questions

• What is so challenging for you in your current job at your current company ?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about one of the challenges you had in your job and tell us how you solved it   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the VP, Product Management to arrange a meeting to discuss the current opening for a Product Manager. An interview was scheduled by phone the following week. The initial interview was approximately 30 minutes in length. This involved reviewing my experience chronologically and providing details with respect to the position. I had a number of questions with respect to the role and the interview concluded with VP, Product Management indicating that based upon the initial discussion, it would be a benefit to arrange an onsite meeting to continue the interview process. There was no further communication from OANDA after the interview (over six weeks). The position was reposted a week ago, indicating that they have not found their candidate. I am surprised a company with the reputation of OANDA ended the interview process in such a manner. Hopefully, the latest set of candidates will have a more professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you discuss your experience in the development of a software solution?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OANDA.

Interview

Gave my resume at a career fair, followed up with engineer afterwards, which led to an onsite interview. Had a one-hour interview with the Tech Lead for my team, where I was asked to design a test suite for a simple web app, in addition to a simple technical question.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Telephonic HR questions.
    Technical on site interview one woman, one man and HR.
    Yes HR sits through the technical intv. Wierd!
    Basically the interviewers were technically incompetent, esp the woman.
    There was a programming problem they asked me to do on the board.

Interview Questions

• wite a program to find derivative of a polynomial of the form ax^2+bx+c   Answer Question

Low salary offered. The high salary their mods have posted here is fake.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had previously interviewed for a contract position, and received an offer I declined in order to return to a previous employer. HR kept track of when I would be ready to interview again and got in touch. We arranged to have me come into the office for two one-hour interviews, back to back.

The first was with a recruiter, plus two engineers. We talked a fair amount about my background, and experience with key technologies, then moved onto technical questions. They started with a series of questions that were well outside my stated areas of strength, which was pretty humiliating and definitely got things started on the wrong foot. It's surprisingly hard to do well once you're off your game. They then moved on to a few questions that were more relevant to my experience and areas of interest, which was much more welcome.

The second interview was with two other engineers, both managers. They again started with my background, and we talked about what I'd been doing since I last interviewed with the company. They were very interested in understanding what motivated me to come in for another interview, and what I was looking for in an employer. When we moved to technical questions, they struggled to find appropriate questions that I hadn't answered before. I think I made a good impression. We ended the interview by talking about what it would take to get me on board with the company, and then did a short tour of the office space.

The next day, HR got in touch to let me know they would like to extend an offer, and to get ballpark salary information. I got the offer letter about two weeks later. I had received other offers in the meantime, and did ask for some changes to the package offer. My recruiter really went to bat for me, but although they were able to make some changes, I decided to accept a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Given a simple polynomial expression, calculate the derivative.   Answer Question
    • Given a currency value, add thousand-separator commas.   Answer Question
    • How do you create a function that increments a variable that isn't accessible from outside the function?   1 Answer

OANDA is a small company that can't offer the same kinds of compensation that other larger organizations can. This doesn't simply mean monetary compensation, but also the reputational currency of having worked at world-class technology companies.