OANDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OANDA Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OANDA (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Decent interview process. Was contacted by a recruiter who asked about my background. Following that, a call was set up with a senior product manager. Went over my background, different projects. I liked that they took time to explain their business

Business Analytics Interview

Interview

Purely behavioral asked about greatest strength, weakness etc.... The managers were really nice and encouraged you to succeed. Make sure you understand what the company does and have good questions for the interviewer. Overall great people working here and I would highly recommend. I know the office in Singapore is a little smaller.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Straight forward. One on one interview. Standard interview. They will ask the questions that are relevant to the job. Good work culture. Both fast and exciting at the same time. Good managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negatives

Partner Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OANDA in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call after a week of applying for the role. The interview was with a senior HR recruiter. The questions were simple soft questions about myself, my background, and my cultural fit with the company. At the end of the call, the rep told me that she would like to schedule the next round with the technical team, an asked for my availability. After I submitted my times, I heard nothing back for a week. I was given some excuse about her being sick. She then promised to get back to me in a few days. Again, I hear nothing. After the 3rd week, I ask again about the progress of my application. I then get told that they went with someone else without any apology.

I was also a customer of theirs. I have now moved my business to their competitor. I will never work for this company, and I am telling everyone I know to stay away from them.

Interview Questions

• When are you available for a chat with our managers?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OANDA.

Interview

Two rounds face to face, mostly technical and behavioural questions.
    Decision was taken quickly.Manager and Director took the interview. It was quick. friendly people
    I was informed the next day that i have been selected. got the offer next week.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OANDA.

Interview

Standard co-op interview. Asked a straight forward algorithm question and general web design knowledge questions. Then talked about the company and the culture, then they gave us time to ask questions about their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

First Interview was a call from HR and Second interview was with 2 project managers in person. The third round interview is meeting the director. The second interview was 4 days after the HR screen.

Interview Questions

• What is so challenging for you in your current job at your current company ?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about one of the challenges you had in your job and tell us how you solved it   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website. I got an email from the in-house Recruiter with OANDA Corporation. She scheduled a call and we talked for 40 minutes. She was such a nice woman. She scheduled an interview for next week. I met 2 project managers on the team. After 3 weeks, I got an email from the recruiter and saying that I as a Product manager am not a good match for this position and the Product team would be a better fit for me given my career plans and ambitions which was a total truth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the VP, Product Management to arrange a meeting to discuss the current opening for a Product Manager. An interview was scheduled by phone the following week. The initial interview was approximately 30 minutes in length. This involved reviewing my experience chronologically and providing details with respect to the position. I had a number of questions with respect to the role and the interview concluded with VP, Product Management indicating that based upon the initial discussion, it would be a benefit to arrange an onsite meeting to continue the interview process. There was no further communication from OANDA after the interview (over six weeks). The position was reposted a week ago, indicating that they have not found their candidate. I am surprised a company with the reputation of OANDA ended the interview process in such a manner. Hopefully, the latest set of candidates will have a more professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you discuss your experience in the development of a software solution?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OANDA.

Interview

Gave my resume at a career fair, followed up with engineer afterwards, which led to an onsite interview. Had a one-hour interview with the Tech Lead for my team, where I was asked to design a test suite for a simple web app, in addition to a simple technical question.