OC&C Strategy Consultants Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OC&C Strategy Consultants Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants (New York, NY).

Interview

Had to take a timed quantitative and verbal assessment online before the day of the 1R interviews. 1R interviews were pretty easy, 1 hour broken into 2 segments with different people and 2 cases. Simple market sizing and market entry cases. Heard back in a few days that I had moved on to 2R. 2R interviews were a lot more difficult. They were 2 hours broken into 2 segments. Partner interviewer was very nice, other guy was more unfriendly. More complex multi-part cases. Less behavioral questions than expected.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of on your resume?
    What do you think strategy consulting is?
    Tell me more about this internship on your resume.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OC&C Strategy Consultants

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants.

Interview

I started the interview process by applying through my school's career center website. Prior to this, I had reached out to many alums from my school currently working in the Boston office. I was selected for an interview with a GPA probably half a standard deviation above my school's average but with a very difficult course load and as a three-season athlete.

On-campus interviews were laid-back and consisted of two very basic cases. One of them was a market sizing question concerning textbook sales and the other concerned mapping wireless carrier quality. Fit questions comprised only around 5 minutes of the 2 30 minute interviews. There was also a 45 minute quantitative test that afternoon on campus, consisting of a fast-paced fairly difficult math test.

I received an invitation for 2nd round interviews a few days later and traveled to Boston the next week for 2 45 minute interviews. The first interview was with a partner, and consisted of a harder case about a distributor for large printing equipment. The second interview was about half fit questions, with a shorter, 20 minute case focused on a bulk discount retailer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you were on a team where things went poorly.   Answer Question

I received an offer from a Big 3 firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter on campus. It was a very friendly and informal process. We did a brief part of a case interview, but mostly chatted about living in Boston and our favorite desserts. I got a second round interview in the Boston office. I interviewed with two more senior members of the office. One of them was friendly and we worked through a standard case. The other was very unfriendly and he asked me what turned out to be a trick question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I interviewed twice with two firm representatives at a multi-school career day. We spent most of the time on logic/case-type questions, although there was no official case study. I felt that overall they were disrespectful because during the second interview they were chatting with each other a majority of the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Two back to back 45 minute interviews. First was a fit. Had nothing in common with the guy and it was hard to have a conversation. Second was a market sizing the market size for light bars (the thing that holds the sirens on top of police cars). It was pretty straightforward, but I think the fit interview sunk me. Its been three weeks and still haven't heard from them. Assuming rejection.

Interview Questions

• What is the market size for light bars (the thing that holds sirens on top of police cars? Stick to police cars only.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by two Managers back to back. It took a total of 3 hours. The first person spent 5 minutes asking me about my background and CV and why I want to do consulting and we spent the rest of the hour doing a market sizing question and a standard profit & loss case study.
    The second person interviewed me for another hour for another case study with time for questions at the end. The two didn't give any direction during the case studies so I thought my responses were OK and they didn't want me to go deeper. The case studies were incredibly easy, so it had quite straightforward solutions. It was difficult to come up with creative ones for such easy scenarios with obvious solutions.

They ended up not letting me go to the next round because I was "too general." - even though I did a great job keeping the flow of conversation throughout and asking all the right questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants in October 2009.

Interview

1st round was two 30 minute cases + 45 minute multiple choice quantitative test. Interviewers were a bit conceited; clearly interested in hearing their own voice. Cases weren't that interesting. Partner that interviewed me didn't know basic economics terminology. Test was obnoxious; had to do with reading graphs, calculating with unwieldy numbers, but getting exact answers.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants.

Interview

Standard initial application process including CV and cover letter. I was then forwarded to a numerical test (not a standard SQL etc, clearly proprietary). Following this I was invited to their interview day. This consisted of mostly case study based interviews with a smattering of CV questions to begin and calm the mood.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online with cover letter and CV, and a few weeks later was asked to complete a series of online tests (numerical, verbal and case study/personality).
    First and second round interviews took place on the same day with a few hours break in between for coffee and lunch. We were informed of the results of the first round (two 1:1 interviews with consultants/managers) over a call during the lunch break and those that passed stayed on for the second round (two 1:1 interviews with associate partners/partners).
    The interviewers were generally very pleasant and tried to be helpful, though it was evident that APs & partners had higher expectations in terms of solving the cases.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. CV/Cover Letter

2. Online aptitude tests (Numerical/Critical reasoning)

3. Two-part interview day.

Morning: First round. Two 30-min case interviews. Very basic competency ('Tell me about yourself'/'Why OC&C' etc), and market sizing.

Taken for coffee by some consultants, then after a (very nervous) couple of hours we were called, one by one, with the outcome. About 20% got through.

Afternoon: Second round. Two 45-min partner interviews. Much more thorough competency (detailed questions about points on CV, understanding of general industries etc). Fairly free-form cases - set out a general situation, and then a discussion based on where you decide to go with the case. One had a brief numerical element.

4. Call with offer the next morning.

Interview Questions

• Number of wine bottles sold in the UK each year.   1 Answer