OCC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.8

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OCC (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It was awesome! There was a little delay in the whole process but in the end I had a very awesome in person interview for the position. They are very welcoming and kind. The only real negative is that I did not end up meeting with everyone they said I would meet with.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OCC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

After an initial phone call, you are invited in to an interview. The interview was standard, a one on one with the manager and the usual questions about background education and how you fit in the position.

Part-time Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very casual. They just want to make sure you are responsible and wants to work in the consulting company. The supervisor is nice and kind. I just introduced myself and talked about my consulting experience and they just said that you are hired.

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OCC in May 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR, and another with the risk department manager. Standard behavioral questions, with a few somewhat technical questions on school coursework. Manager interview was approx. 30 minutes long.

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OCC (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

very technical and thorough. This is a company that prides on good technology and skill set. expect to know your inside stuff thorough, or else it may land you into soup.

Interview Questions

• describe a typical design of a real time data and what problems have you faced?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OCC (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

More conversational with some mandatory questions mixed in, a few situational questions too. The recruiter went thoroughly over my resume and based questions off that and basically had a long conversation over past job experiences and other areas

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a lot of data   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OCC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The first part of the interview was via a phone call with a recruiter. She was primarily interested in getting clarity on where I was at in school in terms of my major, and when I would be graduating. She was also trying to gauge my personality to see if I'd be easy to work with by asking questions about collaborative experiences.

The second interview was on-site in the Chicago Office. It was with 2 people, one in-person, and the other via video conference. They asked a few generic questions that are expected at every interview.

The entire process from the phone interview to the on-site interview took about 2 weeks. It took another 2-3 weeks to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to read? If so, what are you currently reading?   Answer Question
    • What does a positive internship experience entail? What about a negative one?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Didn't think it was appropriate to negotiate for an internship.

Treasury Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OCC in September 2014.

Interview

After a short call with HR I was invited for an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very casual, mostly dealing with my past experience and background. Nothing unexpected or difficult.

Technology Project Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OCC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was contacted through email by HR for a phone interview and was simultaneously asked to come in for an in-person interview at the end of the phone interview.

Met with HR at the site first and she made sure I had any questions answered that I had. Then we just had a friendly conversation until the Project Manager arrived.

The manager was very casual and friendly but wanted to make sure I was able to adapt to a changing environment, as you can expect with different projects every day. He was very open to hearing what you had to say and wanted to know more about who you are!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to be a full time student at school and there was very little negotiation involved as I was hired as an intern. Very nice rate of pay though while you are a student!

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at OCC (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through a recruiting firm. They scheduled a phone interview with Options Clearing Corporation. Basically had a one hour phone screen with department manager, other managers, technical leads and designers. The decision was made quickly immediately after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked general technical questions about programming (threads for example and knowledge of functional programming) and about my background and experience.   Answer Question