OHSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OHSU Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2018

2.9

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU.

Interview

Phone interview with lab hiring manager, large emphasis placed on past experience, followed up with PI and lab hiring mangers via phone. No fly out necessary. Fairly relaxed process.

Transportation Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied on Monday evening, got a call for an interview on Tuesday evening, and had my interview on Friday of the same week. I got an Email on Monday the following week asking for references. They are very fast and don't blink or you may miss something. 2 people were in my interview. They barely made eye contact because they were writing down what I was saying that whole time. Nice people. Excited for employment.

Interview Questions

• What are two things you would say to start a conversation with a patient?   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize your job?   1 Answer
    • How often do you call in sick/vacation?   1 Answer

Transport Interview

Interview

Friendly interviewers, easy to answer questions as long as you've worked in the position or done your research prior to the interview, dressed nicely, and shown that you are friendly and will be a good fit.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviews were conducted online via video chat for the first round of interviews and lasted 15 minutes. The second round of interviews were in person. One of the current research assistants who had been working on the project interviewed me first, and asked general questions to see if I had the qualifications and proper work environment to perform my job effectively.

Registered Nurse - Operating Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted in a timely fashion. Set up a phone call and then a video interview. Drug test, background check, reference check. Interview questions were standard. Worked in an operating room before this one so they were catered to operating room nursing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at OHSU in the operating room?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult situation between a patient and their family?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to change a plan of care for a patient?   Answer Question
    • How do you address conflict in the operating room?   Answer Question
    • What are your stress management practices?   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview and they never called. I waited two weeks for this interview and arranged my schedule around it. I could have emailed afterward to follow-up and see if there was a problem, but I didn't because it was very unprofessional of them to not at least email me beforehand if they had made a change to their interview list or schedule.

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was stretched out over a number if days which could be very impractical for people who work full time. . It was very intensive. I had the opportunity to meet a great number of employees and Providers.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU.

Interview

I met with two managers. They asked the basic questions and then asked me learn and demonstrate a short and easy research task. They were both very pleasant and I felt very comfortable. At the end of the interview I asked them about my strength as a candidate and they were impressed and encouraging.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR).

Interview

Thee were several interviews. Some on the phone some in person. Had to interview with multiple sites. Had one on one interviews then panel interviews. Quite extensive but left not knowing how it went

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about the systems I have built in the past   1 Answer

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

It's a large and somewhat fractionated company that after being recently compromised has decided to start staffing the IT department more appropriately. They rely on outsourced IT recruitment for applicants and while the process can take time, approximately 1-2 month, they do try to get back to you with some type of response. The onus is on the Applicant to check as to where in the process the decision is, so that can make things a bit stressful if you are relying on a quick answer to plan your career move. They prefer local versus out-of the area applicant. The IT team (i.e.: the working class) is very congenial and friendly, accepting of variety any ideas and love to interact with the new Applicants. The VIP and Management are more isolated, focus on memorization of knowledge and a grasp on a variety of subject matter as opposed to personality, work ethic and the obvious - intelligence. This is an indication that management is not in touch with the real world nor with their employees and hence I am willing to bet that decisions reflect those ideas. The general staff is very accommodating and truly respectful of the process and make every effort to accommodate all the needs during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is our mission statement? How would you handle a non-solvable conflict? If left alone in office with access to a computer, how would you exploit it? What is Change Management? Describe HTTPs and how it is used? What is the difference between HTTPS and SSL? Tell us about yourself? How do you handle conflicts? What is your opinion on the various past viruses and why? How do you harden a system? How to you elevate permissions?   Answer Question