OHSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2018

2.8

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in August 2011.

Interview

This review is regarding a phone interview only. Following the phone interview I withdrew from consideration. The phone interviewer spent most of the time chuckling about her own experiences and that of the few job duties she would describe. Perhaps she wanted to just get a "feel" for me. I found the interview overall very incomplete, leaving me with many unanswered questions. I stated I had a lot of experience performing one key role. She assumed this to be the case and did not ask me any questions to verify. Always verify. Sometimes people exagerrate in interviews, I don't. Incisive questions need to be asked. I suppose I could have simply gone with the flow, but I am a professional health provider. I wondered how this person got their job. What kind of environment would I be entering?

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU in May 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application online on a Friday and they contacted me the next Monday about setting up a phone interview. Phone interview was the following week, followed by an in-person interview the week after that. Heard back from management the following week.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line through their website. Received an acknowledgement in my mailbox. A few weeks later was contacted by the laboratory for an interview. We agreed upon a time and a place to meet. This was a 1x1 interview directly with the person who was offering the position.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know whether I would be able to perform specific experiments, interpret data, and write up conclusions.   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I interviewed at OHSU in February 2016.

Interview

I appreciated that the department kept the interview process moving quickly. I was first contacted for a brief phone interview where they explained the job and responsibilities. The following day I was emailed with an invitation to interview in-person where I met with 2 hiring managers and a CRC. A couple days later I was asked to come in again and meet the research team to see if it would be a good fit. The following week I was offered the position. Overall it was a very nice experience and the managers didn't ask any traditional interview questions, and instead wanted to learn more about me and my personality and goals.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure in your work experience and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OHSU in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and the HR person emailed me about the position. We had a phone interview and then she set up another phone interview for me to talk to the supervisor and the main person I would be working with (I lived long distance). The phone interview was fairly easy and then I set up an in-person interview. They didn't pay for the flight or relocation expenses or anything. The in-person interview was also fairly easy but I was very qualified for the job, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I can't think of anything. They pretty much just asked me questions right off of the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Anesthesia Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OHSU in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online as required for the position, then they contacted me for an interview. It was to be a position for the South Operating Rooms. I met 2 senior anesthesia technicians, and they were both very friendly. I got to see some of the South OR, which was a huge area of the OHSU Hospital on the Marquam Hill Campus.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a co-worker wasn't pulling his or her own weight at the job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

In 2011-2012, I joined a high school program at OHSU called the Partnership for Scientific Inquiry (PSI). By completing this program I was able to secure a summer internship at one of the OHSU labs. I did not have a formal interview for PSI, but I needed to apply through an online application.

Interview Questions

• Online Application Q: "Please explain why you want to participate in the PSI class, including what you hope to gain from the experience and why it is important to you. (150-300 words)"   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR).

Interview

Thee were several interviews. Some on the phone some in person. Had to interview with multiple sites. Had one on one interviews then panel interviews. Quite extensive but left not knowing how it went

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about the systems I have built in the past   1 Answer

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in June 2007.

Interview

One on on meeting. A lot of quistions about my background

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted documents, received a call from someone in HR who asked me general screening-type questions then was invited to interview with the hiring manager. I also interviewed with the staff during a group interview.