OHSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviews were conducted online via video chat for the first round of interviews and lasted 15 minutes. The second round of interviews were in person. One of the current research assistants who had been working on the project interviewed me first, and asked general questions to see if I had the qualifications and proper work environment to perform my job effectively.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview and they never called. I waited two weeks for this interview and arranged my schedule around it. I could have emailed afterward to follow-up and see if there was a problem, but I didn't because it was very unprofessional of them to not at least email me beforehand if they had made a change to their interview list or schedule.

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

It's a large and somewhat fractionated company that after being recently compromised has decided to start staffing the IT department more appropriately. They rely on outsourced IT recruitment for applicants and while the process can take time, approximately 1-2 month, they do try to get back to you with some type of response. The onus is on the Applicant to check as to where in the process the decision is, so that can make things a bit stressful if you are relying on a quick answer to plan your career move. They prefer local versus out-of the area applicant. The IT team (i.e.: the working class) is very congenial and friendly, accepting of variety any ideas and love to interact with the new Applicants. The VIP and Management are more isolated, focus on memorization of knowledge and a grasp on a variety of subject matter as opposed to personality, work ethic and the obvious - intelligence. This is an indication that management is not in touch with the real world nor with their employees and hence I am willing to bet that decisions reflect those ideas. The general staff is very accommodating and truly respectful of the process and make every effort to accommodate all the needs during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is our mission statement? How would you handle a non-solvable conflict? If left alone in office with access to a computer, how would you exploit it? What is Change Management? Describe HTTPs and how it is used? What is the difference between HTTPS and SSL? Tell us about yourself? How do you handle conflicts? What is your opinion on the various past viruses and why? How do you harden a system? How to you elevate permissions?   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

The application process at OHSU starts with their horrible job search site. It is very outdated, doesn't work properly with all web browers or Apple devices. I had a 30-minute phone screening, it was a little rushed, but all questions were asked. First ten minutes where about the job and procedure. The next steps after a phone screening were two different panel interviews.

I received positive reviews, but they decided to move forward with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me examples of difficult customer service situations and how you handled them?   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

OHSU has an online HR interface where you upload your resume and cover letter online. The interface allows you to review the progress of the application. I received an e-mail asking when I could meet with OHSU's general counsel for an initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would adjust to a less collaborative work environment?   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for a phone interview a couple weeks later. Phone interview was very casual and about 30 minutes. Was told about the job, asked about my previous experience, and was able to ask questions about the position.

Transportation Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU.

Interview

Interviewers were very nice but their questions were off, and kind of impossible to give an answer to. They would ask questions, seemly looking for a very specific answer but I had no idea what that was.

Interview Questions

• What ways did you alter treatment plans at your job?   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OHSU in January 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview and I talked to two individuals. If you pass the phone interview, then you will have a panel interview with 6 or more people. They will then determine if you will be a potential fit in their company.

Interview Questions

• Job specific duties that you have performed that relate to the job you are applying for   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Three week total process. Emailed by Hiring Manger to conduct a 15 min phone interview for more information regarding the position. Was offered a two part in-person interview: First, with Hiring Manager and Financial Assistant; second, Marketing director that collaborates with department. Was notified the following week regarding possible offer for position.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite job?
      What are you most proud of in your work experience?
      What do you bring to this position?
      Where do you want to take this position if offered the job?
      What would you seek to accomplish in your first 3 months?   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

They performed a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. The in-person meeting was in a warehouse office, where no door was specified. When I arrived, I used an outside phone to ask to be let in. I was directed to another door, where I was to phone again. When I phoned again - at the second door - the interviewer (who said she'd wait for my call) did not pick up. Needed to call three times before she answered. No explanation or apology was offered.

Walking through their offices was grim. Their office space was dim and quiet, the cubicles small, and everyone looked unhappy. No one returned my smiled hello. Clearly not a positive environment.

There was only one interviewer, because the second interviewer was "called away". She gave me the impression that this interview was a formality, as if it didn't matter whether the other interviewer was present.

Interview Questions

• The interview ~ about ten questions ~ was about how I handled difficulty and disappointment. How I handled conflict; How I handled not meeting management expectations; How I delivered bad news to managers; What did I do when I could not meet all management expectations; etc.

It appeared they were looking for someone good at damage control - which didn't bode well for whoever they hired. Based on the questions, the interviewer's attitude, and the office setting, it's a safe bet the internal culture at OHSU must be pretty punishing.   Answer Question