OHSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview and they never called. I waited two weeks for this interview and arranged my schedule around it. I could have emailed afterward to follow-up and see if there was a problem, but I didn't because it was very unprofessional of them to not at least email me beforehand if they had made a change to their interview list or schedule.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU.

Interview

I met with two managers. They asked the basic questions and then asked me learn and demonstrate a short and easy research task. They were both very pleasant and I felt very comfortable. At the end of the interview I asked them about my strength as a candidate and they were impressed and encouraging.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR).

Interview

Thee were several interviews. Some on the phone some in person. Had to interview with multiple sites. Had one on one interviews then panel interviews. Quite extensive but left not knowing how it went

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about the systems I have built in the past   1 Answer

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

It's a large and somewhat fractionated company that after being recently compromised has decided to start staffing the IT department more appropriately. They rely on outsourced IT recruitment for applicants and while the process can take time, approximately 1-2 month, they do try to get back to you with some type of response. The onus is on the Applicant to check as to where in the process the decision is, so that can make things a bit stressful if you are relying on a quick answer to plan your career move. They prefer local versus out-of the area applicant. The IT team (i.e.: the working class) is very congenial and friendly, accepting of variety any ideas and love to interact with the new Applicants. The VIP and Management are more isolated, focus on memorization of knowledge and a grasp on a variety of subject matter as opposed to personality, work ethic and the obvious - intelligence. This is an indication that management is not in touch with the real world nor with their employees and hence I am willing to bet that decisions reflect those ideas. The general staff is very accommodating and truly respectful of the process and make every effort to accommodate all the needs during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is our mission statement? How would you handle a non-solvable conflict? If left alone in office with access to a computer, how would you exploit it? What is Change Management? Describe HTTPs and how it is used? What is the difference between HTTPS and SSL? Tell us about yourself? How do you handle conflicts? What is your opinion on the various past viruses and why? How do you harden a system? How to you elevate permissions?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OHSU in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed initially on the phone. The first interview lasted about 15-20 min because I had already interviewed with the same manager for a previous position which I had totally blown so I didn't make it to the 2nd round. She said that she would be finishing her phone interviews by the end of the week and would contact those she would like to interview in person by next week. To my surprise I received an email from her the next morning stating that she would like to schedule an in person interview with her and some of the practice managers that I would be working with. The second interview was scheduled a week and a half later. It was with one practice manager and the original hiring manager in the spine center. The interview was very professional (as I had already had another in person interview at OHSU that was not conducted very professionally l) and I was asked traditional interview questions such as how do I handle difficult situations and could I give an example of a time that I had to deal with a difficult coworker etc. I had answers to all those types of questions readily since I have always worked and interacted with the general public for my jobs. I was thanked for coming in. I sent a courtesy thank you email right after my interview and within 30 min had a response from the hiring manager saying she would like to contact my references if that was permissible. The next day I received an email request for me to input my references so they could be emailed with a survey. The whole process took about 30 min and they had requested 5 references. I input 7. 4 from current of former employers and 2 from current coworkers. Within 24 hours I had all references respond and I immediately received a job offer email! I was even able to ask for a later start date to allow my current employer time to find my replacement and get them trained as well as already had a trip booked to Utah. They were very accommodating which is already a great sign within the dept!

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a difficult coworker and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stressful situations?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time where you didn't do the right thing   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate pay because I intend to work my way up as I'm going through my MBA program but I did negotiate my start date.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

The application process at OHSU starts with their horrible job search site. It is very outdated, doesn't work properly with all web browers or Apple devices. I had a 30-minute phone screening, it was a little rushed, but all questions were asked. First ten minutes where about the job and procedure. The next steps after a phone screening were two different panel interviews.

I received positive reviews, but they decided to move forward with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me examples of difficult customer service situations and how you handled them?   Answer Question

Nurse Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU in July 2016.

Interview

Long but appreciate the opportunity to meet many players including staff interview
    Allowed me to learn the culture & how collaborative everyone is to support this role.
    Very organized and kept me informed of the entire process along with providing an escort between interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not very pleased with initial offer

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

OHSU has an online HR interface where you upload your resume and cover letter online. The interface allows you to review the progress of the application. I received an e-mail asking when I could meet with OHSU's general counsel for an initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would adjust to a less collaborative work environment?   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for a phone interview a couple weeks later. Phone interview was very casual and about 30 minutes. Was told about the job, asked about my previous experience, and was able to ask questions about the position.

Transportation Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU.

Interview

Interviewers were very nice but their questions were off, and kind of impossible to give an answer to. They would ask questions, seemly looking for a very specific answer but I had no idea what that was.

Interview Questions

• What ways did you alter treatment plans at your job?   1 Answer