OHSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OHSU Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Research Assistant II Interview

Interview

Contacted by email to set up a brief phone interview. Phone interview was relaxed and lasted about 15 minutes. Then I went and toured the facilities and met with the head of the lab and another member of the lab where they spent most of the time explaining the job position, but also asked me interview type questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to go to grad school or any other further schooling?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Interview

The process is through online submission that is forwarded to the department via HR. There was one day interview and an evaluation of technical skills required for the job. Certain requirements must be met such as certifications. They then notify you of the selection within a reasonable time.

Interview Questions

• With such a narrow skill, the questions were straight forward without any curveballs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR assessed experience and certifications and reasonably offered a salary above my previous job.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OHSU in April 2008.

Interview

Called by the staffing agency, interviewed a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience with a dispute in the office with coworker?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU.

Interview

I met with three people from the department. No one asked me about my experience or background. I spent an hour listening to the director pitch the department to me. It wasn't clear during the interview who the hiring manager was. It turned out it was the person seated beside me, who never asked me any questions.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions. I did volunteer information in response to what I was told about the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I needed the job. I was offered the position of Research Associate, but when I received the contract, it had been downgraded to Senior Research Assistant. They were very low-ball on the salary. I was offered $58K but was able to talk them up to $60K.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU in September 2011.

Interview

Very casual and easy-going discussions about my research and common interests with various faculty, vice chair and chair. I was offered several research options and given ample time to accept their offer.

Negotiation

There were no negotiations involved.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

For a postdoctoral position the interview process was typical. I met the principal investigator first and talked about potential projects, secondly met individually with members of the lab, and third presented a formal job talk to group of invited departmental guests.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

I was in Michigan back then, my current boss called and talked to me for 15 min, then called my referral and probably talked for another 10 min, and I was hired later that evening. I was hired in March but only started my new job in July due to visa application and yes, they do provide you with H1B visa. If they said they don't, look for another PI.

Interview Questions

• What kind of research do you do? Any relevant research skills?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I interviewed at OHSU in February 2016.

Interview

I appreciated that the department kept the interview process moving quickly. I was first contacted for a brief phone interview where they explained the job and responsibilities. The following day I was emailed with an invitation to interview in-person where I met with 2 hiring managers and a CRC. A couple days later I was asked to come in again and meet the research team to see if it would be a good fit. The following week I was offered the position. Overall it was a very nice experience and the managers didn't ask any traditional interview questions, and instead wanted to learn more about me and my personality and goals.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure in your work experience and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview and a 30 minute interview with the two managers that I would be working with. it was a very easy interview. good good good good good good good

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

The nurse manager took me through the emergency department to show me it's features. She then took me back to her office where we talked about the upsides and downsides to the job. Most of the interview was spent with her describing to job to me.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was "Give me the 60 second rundown on your life up until his point," or something to that effect.   1 Answer