OHSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview and they never called. I waited two weeks for this interview and arranged my schedule around it. I could have emailed afterward to follow-up and see if there was a problem, but I didn't because it was very unprofessional of them to not at least email me beforehand if they had made a change to their interview list or schedule.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

My I initial interview took place with our professional practice leader and my unit manager, they were both very excited to meet me and have me join the team. After my interview I was offered the job that same day and started soon after shadowing day shift then night shift nurses.

Interview Questions

• Tricky question: what does the Oregon board of nursing define as nurse specific interventions.   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Very laidback, just met with faculty in the department and asked questions about their research. Make sure you have a good idea of who you'd like to work under and try to impress them / show you are motivated.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about your research and interests. Also some of them asked what you were hoping to get out of grad school   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU in March 2013.

Interview

Friendly, thorough, professional. Gave me a real opportunity to feel the environment out. I didn't know if I wanted the job until I met the team. Met with people from multiple departments and had a chance to see how people interacted with each other.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU.

Interview

I met with two managers. They asked the basic questions and then asked me learn and demonstrate a short and easy research task. They were both very pleasant and I felt very comfortable. At the end of the interview I asked them about my strength as a candidate and they were impressed and encouraging.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR).

Interview

Thee were several interviews. Some on the phone some in person. Had to interview with multiple sites. Had one on one interviews then panel interviews. Quite extensive but left not knowing how it went

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about the systems I have built in the past   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial interview is via phone. Next step is an in-person panel interview. If they are interested past the interview moving forward with references and the hiring process. Part of the hiring process includes a full background check and credit check due to the fiscal responsibility of the position.

Interview Questions

• Within a workday how do you prioritize tasks and indicate which ones are the most important to start with?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

Sent in resume to Human Resources. Phone interview with Human Resources and then in person with manager and assistant manager. Interview with the RN staff, Medical assistant and doctor staff.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Project Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear from anyone for month & half, had phone interview, then 1:1 interview, then panel interview with about 15 people (they told me it would only be a couple of people that would be interviewing me), they told me they'd call me in a week-2 weeks went by and on week 3 they offered me the position,

Nurse Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU in July 2016.

Interview

Long but appreciate the opportunity to meet many players including staff interview
    Allowed me to learn the culture & how collaborative everyone is to support this role.
    Very organized and kept me informed of the entire process along with providing an escort between interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not very pleased with initial offer