OHSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

The nurse manager took me through the emergency department to show me it's features. She then took me back to her office where we talked about the upsides and downsides to the job. Most of the interview was spent with her describing to job to me.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was "Give me the 60 second rundown on your life up until his point," or something to that effect.   1 Answer

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview and a 30 minute interview with the two managers that I would be working with. it was a very easy interview. good good good good good good good

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU.

Interview

After applying, I received an email requesting a phone interview within a couple days. The phone interview was with an HR representative, which was incredibly positive not only because I received an interview offer, but she was very friendly and personable. It made the interview go much smoother. This was followed by two in-person, on-site interviews, the first of which was with a panel of individuals I'd be working with regularly. They asked questions round-robin style and allowed ample time for questions. In the final interview, I met with 4-5 people in their own, individual time slots. This time, it was various members of the executive management. Each in-person meeting lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions related to my work style, why I wanted to work in this field, and they required plenty of examples of projects I'd handled in past.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I interviewed at OHSU in February 2016.

Interview

I appreciated that the department kept the interview process moving quickly. I was first contacted for a brief phone interview where they explained the job and responsibilities. The following day I was emailed with an invitation to interview in-person where I met with 2 hiring managers and a CRC. A couple days later I was asked to come in again and meet the research team to see if it would be a good fit. The following week I was offered the position. Overall it was a very nice experience and the managers didn't ask any traditional interview questions, and instead wanted to learn more about me and my personality and goals.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure in your work experience and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Student Research Assistant/Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

The Hiring Manager called after a week to schedule a phone interview 2 days later. A week after that was the in-person interview and then a week after that was the call about the offer. The lady was very polite and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are 3 things you can offer?
      2. What are your expectations from a manager?
      3. Why do you want this job?
      4. Briefly summarize your research experience.
      5. Describe a time when you worked independently
      6. How do you multitask?
      1 Answer

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very swift and efficient, with scheduling for the interview, reference checks, and offer all occurring in a few days time. The interview panel were helpful in describing the goals and needs for the project. Unfortunately, the job title and salary range was posted incorrectly. I was offered the position but sadly could not accept based on the low salary offer. Next time I will be sure to clarify the title and salary range upfront in the interview. The interview panel was very apologetic and offered to work with HR on improving the transparency of the available salary in the future.

Interview Questions

I declined because the low salary offer was not viable.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

the procsees was very simple and they treat us with alot of respect during the interviewing process I would encourge anyone who wants to be a flight attendant to apply

Human Resources Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OHSU in January 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview and I talked to two individuals. If you pass the phone interview, then you will have a panel interview with 6 or more people. They will then determine if you will be a potential fit in their company.

Interview Questions

• Job specific duties that you have performed that relate to the job you are applying for   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial interview is via phone. Next step is an in-person panel interview. If they are interested past the interview moving forward with references and the hiring process. Part of the hiring process includes a full background check and credit check due to the fiscal responsibility of the position.

Interview Questions

• Within a workday how do you prioritize tasks and indicate which ones are the most important to start with?   Answer Question

PAS Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks from online submission to job offer. Conducted 2 interviews (one hour each). First interview was with managers. Second interview was by other PAS Specialist. NOT an easy interview! But was asked very good questions. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• If your boss told you to do something that was against policy, would you do it?   1 Answer