OHSU Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.7

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

It's a large and somewhat fractionated company that after being recently compromised has decided to start staffing the IT department more appropriately. They rely on outsourced IT recruitment for applicants and while the process can take time, approximately 1-2 month, they do try to get back to you with some type of response. The onus is on the Applicant to check as to where in the process the decision is, so that can make things a bit stressful if you are relying on a quick answer to plan your career move. They prefer local versus out-of the area applicant. The IT team (i.e.: the working class) is very congenial and friendly, accepting of variety any ideas and love to interact with the new Applicants. The VIP and Management are more isolated, focus on memorization of knowledge and a grasp on a variety of subject matter as opposed to personality, work ethic and the obvious - intelligence. This is an indication that management is not in touch with the real world nor with their employees and hence I am willing to bet that decisions reflect those ideas. The general staff is very accommodating and truly respectful of the process and make every effort to accommodate all the needs during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is our mission statement? How would you handle a non-solvable conflict? If left alone in office with access to a computer, how would you exploit it? What is Change Management? Describe HTTPs and how it is used? What is the difference between HTTPS and SSL? Tell us about yourself? How do you handle conflicts? What is your opinion on the various past viruses and why? How do you harden a system? How to you elevate permissions?   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

The application process at OHSU starts with their horrible job search site. It is very outdated, doesn't work properly with all web browers or Apple devices. I had a 30-minute phone screening, it was a little rushed, but all questions were asked. First ten minutes where about the job and procedure. The next steps after a phone screening were two different panel interviews.

I received positive reviews, but they decided to move forward with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me examples of difficult customer service situations and how you handled them?   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

OHSU has an online HR interface where you upload your resume and cover letter online. The interface allows you to review the progress of the application. I received an e-mail asking when I could meet with OHSU's general counsel for an initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would adjust to a less collaborative work environment?   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for a phone interview a couple weeks later. Phone interview was very casual and about 30 minutes. Was told about the job, asked about my previous experience, and was able to ask questions about the position.

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview and a 30 minute interview with the two managers that I would be working with. it was a very easy interview. good good good good good good good

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

The nurse manager took me through the emergency department to show me it's features. She then took me back to her office where we talked about the upsides and downsides to the job. Most of the interview was spent with her describing to job to me.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was "Give me the 60 second rundown on your life up until his point," or something to that effect.   1 Answer

Student Research Assistant/Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

The Hiring Manager called after a week to schedule a phone interview 2 days later. A week after that was the in-person interview and then a week after that was the call about the offer. The lady was very polite and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are 3 things you can offer?
      2. What are your expectations from a manager?
      3. Why do you want this job?
      4. Briefly summarize your research experience.
      5. Describe a time when you worked independently
      6. How do you multitask?
      1 Answer

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very swift and efficient, with scheduling for the interview, reference checks, and offer all occurring in a few days time. The interview panel were helpful in describing the goals and needs for the project. Unfortunately, the job title and salary range was posted incorrectly. I was offered the position but sadly could not accept based on the low salary offer. Next time I will be sure to clarify the title and salary range upfront in the interview. The interview panel was very apologetic and offered to work with HR on improving the transparency of the available salary in the future.

Interview Questions

I declined because the low salary offer was not viable.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial interview is via phone. Next step is an in-person panel interview. If they are interested past the interview moving forward with references and the hiring process. Part of the hiring process includes a full background check and credit check due to the fiscal responsibility of the position.

Interview Questions

• Within a workday how do you prioritize tasks and indicate which ones are the most important to start with?   Answer Question

Data Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by two 1:1 with leadership and one panel interview with the team. Showed previous work samples and how would approach solving some of the problems they were facing.
    Submitted references and surprisingly the reference checks were conducted by the director himself and I did not receive a good feedback on how this process was handled. My references felt they were being interviewed.
    I was contacted directly by the director with a job offer. The negotiation was not handled by HR but again by the director. As unprofessional as it is, he insisted in knowing my salary history which I did not share. I did share my requirements which were within their range but he was not willing to match or negotiate on anything and started referring to different job requirements than those advertised.

Picturing the mess it would be working there, when they advertise and interview for a job then change the requirements, I immediately withdraw my application.
    Most unprofessional negotiation I have ever had with an organization trying to secure my services.

The salary ranges are in line to below market rate. They are also really wide and unfortunately they seem to offer only at the lower end. Keep this in mind when considering applying. I wasted a ton of time and money since I had to pay for flights. If you are going from out of state make sure they pay for all your expenses as the offer will disappoint you.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral and some basic technical questions. I was leading the conversation since they did not have a clear understanding of what their real needs and requirements were.   1 Answer