OHSU Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

2.8

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviews were conducted online via video chat for the first round of interviews and lasted 15 minutes. The second round of interviews were in person. One of the current research assistants who had been working on the project interviewed me first, and asked general questions to see if I had the qualifications and proper work environment to perform my job effectively.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview and they never called. I waited two weeks for this interview and arranged my schedule around it. I could have emailed afterward to follow-up and see if there was a problem, but I didn't because it was very unprofessional of them to not at least email me beforehand if they had made a change to their interview list or schedule.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR).

Interview

Thee were several interviews. Some on the phone some in person. Had to interview with multiple sites. Had one on one interviews then panel interviews. Quite extensive but left not knowing how it went

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about the systems I have built in the past   1 Answer

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

It's a large and somewhat fractionated company that after being recently compromised has decided to start staffing the IT department more appropriately. They rely on outsourced IT recruitment for applicants and while the process can take time, approximately 1-2 month, they do try to get back to you with some type of response. The onus is on the Applicant to check as to where in the process the decision is, so that can make things a bit stressful if you are relying on a quick answer to plan your career move. They prefer local versus out-of the area applicant. The IT team (i.e.: the working class) is very congenial and friendly, accepting of variety any ideas and love to interact with the new Applicants. The VIP and Management are more isolated, focus on memorization of knowledge and a grasp on a variety of subject matter as opposed to personality, work ethic and the obvious - intelligence. This is an indication that management is not in touch with the real world nor with their employees and hence I am willing to bet that decisions reflect those ideas. The general staff is very accommodating and truly respectful of the process and make every effort to accommodate all the needs during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is our mission statement? How would you handle a non-solvable conflict? If left alone in office with access to a computer, how would you exploit it? What is Change Management? Describe HTTPs and how it is used? What is the difference between HTTPS and SSL? Tell us about yourself? How do you handle conflicts? What is your opinion on the various past viruses and why? How do you harden a system? How to you elevate permissions?   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

The application process at OHSU starts with their horrible job search site. It is very outdated, doesn't work properly with all web browers or Apple devices. I had a 30-minute phone screening, it was a little rushed, but all questions were asked. First ten minutes where about the job and procedure. The next steps after a phone screening were two different panel interviews.

I received positive reviews, but they decided to move forward with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me examples of difficult customer service situations and how you handled them?   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

OHSU has an online HR interface where you upload your resume and cover letter online. The interface allows you to review the progress of the application. I received an e-mail asking when I could meet with OHSU's general counsel for an initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would adjust to a less collaborative work environment?   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for a phone interview a couple weeks later. Phone interview was very casual and about 30 minutes. Was told about the job, asked about my previous experience, and was able to ask questions about the position.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

The nurse manager took me through the emergency department to show me it's features. She then took me back to her office where we talked about the upsides and downsides to the job. Most of the interview was spent with her describing to job to me.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was "Give me the 60 second rundown on your life up until his point," or something to that effect.   1 Answer

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview and a 30 minute interview with the two managers that I would be working with. it was a very easy interview. good good good good good good good

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Process went very quickly. Submitted to HR but hiring manager called me directly and did a phone interview. Moved on to 2nd interview in which I had a 1x1 interview with the manager, panel interview with team mates, and panel interview with other department representatives.