OHSU Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OHSU Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

The nurse manager took me through the emergency department to show me it's features. She then took me back to her office where we talked about the upsides and downsides to the job. Most of the interview was spent with her describing to job to me.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was "Give me the 60 second rundown on your life up until his point," or something to that effect.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for OHSU

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

My I initial interview took place with our professional practice leader and my unit manager, they were both very excited to meet me and have me join the team. After my interview I was offered the job that same day and started soon after shadowing day shift then night shift nurses.

Interview Questions

• Tricky question: what does the Oregon board of nursing define as nurse specific interventions.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OHSU in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online on April 17th. Called by the nurse manager 1 hour later, set up a phone interview for April 22nd (I live in Ohio). The nurse manager and a charge nurse put me on speakerphone and it lasted about an hour. The 1 hour later the nurse manager called and offered me the job. Fantastic experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me three specific things your coworkers would say about you.   Answer Question
    • Why OHSU and why this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to partner with the patient or the patient's family to change the plan of care.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to give advice to a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, nurse manager called for interview and asked several questions before they would interview me. They agreed to interview me and said I was a 'good candidate'. That process was positive. At the actual interview, there was only the nurse manager. The manager kept on focusing on their MAGNET status and how they were a high risk unit and that they train the physicians going out into the community, which is expected for a university hospital. There was no focus on the actual job or the nursing team. The manager was rude during questioning and did not seem interested while asking questions. When the interview ended the manager told me that I was the last interview and they were "glad that the interviews were over." I expected more out of the face of that nursing unit and was disappointed in OHSU.

Interview Questions

• What benefits and risks are there to me for hiring you and what benefits and risks are there to you for hiring me?   Answer Question
    • What are you doing to stay up to date with current trends in nursing?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to question a plan of care   Answer Question
    • Describe your dream job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OHSU (Portland, OR).

Interview

Be persistent. Your application may be lost. It sometimes takes 6 months to get interview. Helps to know someone who works there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as staff RN. Union determines pay scale. Bonus for degrees, certifications.