OMD Assistant Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OMD Assistant Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied for another position on Linkedln however I had a recruiter reach out to me for a position that was more entry level as I was nearing college graduation. After a phone screen I was scheduled an in person interview where I met with 3 people on the media team. Interview went fairly well except one of the members from the media team acted like he didn't want to be there and was above conducting interviews and meeting with potential new hires. After multiple follow up emails, I never heard anything back, also offered pay was extremely low.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OMD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Overall process took 2 weeks, first a phone screen and then in-person interviews with the strategists, supervisor, and group director. Interviews with the supervisor and strategists went well, more feeling out my personality. The group director interview was more intimidating. I'm still waiting to hear back about an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were going up to bat, what song would you want playing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got a phone screening from an OMD recruiter in LA. I then came into the office and had an hour interview by a Media Sup and Strategist at the same time. After, a LA media director interviewed me over the phone. Finally, I had a final hour long interview with a current Assistant Strategist, another Strategist, and the Group Director. Very long process for an Assistant Strategist, but I think it's good they aim to find a decent fit.

I thought the team was great--super smart, resourceful, and very up front it'll be a long work-week type of position. However, I didn't accept because once I got the offer, the recruiter was SO RUDE to me. When I got the offer, I thanked her and asked how much time I have to accept. She proceeded to YELL at me and say immature things like, "Why?! Do you have other offers?! You need to accept ASAP because we have plenty of other people that would be GRATEFUL to get your offer." I was a soon-to-be college graduate at the time, but they shouldn't be using scare tactics and using such a demeaning tone. Terrible recruiting team.

If the damn company treats me like that before I even join, why the hell would I accept the offer? Not to mention they pay peanuts for entry-level. I went with another agency that paid $15k more than their offer for the same role.

Overall, if you can deal with agency life, OMD is a reputable company to start with--but expect long-hours and demeaning recruiters and/or HR.

Interview Questions

• Why media? Why marketing? Why agency? Same old agency questions.   Answer Question
    • Asked fun questions like which TV show describes my life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Informal. Two people interviewed me at the same time. Easy standard questions. know the position you applied for. They did not go into detail of my last positions but wanted to know about my passions for media and advertisement. Interview lasted no more then 30 minutes. I got the position offer through a phone call the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

HR set up an interview. I met with 5 different people in 3 different 20-minute increments. Questions were very standard, mostly asking about my experience. It's an entry level position that doesn't pay well but the expect a lot of experience. The team was really nice and seemed interested in me. They bragged about the perks of working for the company. Unfortunately I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

first did phone screen with talent & acquisition and then was contacted a few days later to come in for an in-person interview. interview was easy-going and laid back. spoke with a few people, all who were very nice and helpful in discussing their day-to-day responsibilities and what i would be tasked with if seleted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a person who works in Talent Acquisition who i had met at a networking event if I was still interested in applying to OMD. Emailed my resume, after which I was passed along to HR. I had a phone interview and my resume and info was passed along to the teams here. I heard back after my phone interview later in the same week, and scheduled my in person interview for the next week. Interview went fine, no real curve ball questions, I was interviewed by three people, all who were on the team that was looking to add a new assistant strategist. It felt like they were trying to get a sense of who I was, how i would fit in with their team and my experience. The interviews took about an hour and a half because there were 3 thirty minute interviews. I thought they went well but never heard anything back from OMD.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is an interesting trend in advertising?
      What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with two people, one in English another in Spanish and another interview with the rest of the team (one in Spanish the rest in English) Normal behavior interview questions ( strengths, weakness etc)

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a day to schedule an interview. Process took about a week. The interview was very laid back, met with 3 directors of the team and they asked mea bout my past experiences and interests, the typical walk me through your resume kind of deal. Nothing too industry related. Interview lasted about an hour and half. Heard back from HR the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set figure

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMD in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to OMD late November and contacted HR one week later. I was scheduled to interview with OMD in December, but managed to interview with OMD in January.

I arrived 5 minutes early and waited 15 minutes. The interview process was broken down into two parts.

Round one lasted 10-15 minutes with one team member, and the second round lasted 10 minutes with two team members.

First round was okay. The interviewer seemed antsy and ready to leave. However, the company culture is entrepreneurial spirited but laid back.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were standard interview questions such as-

1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. What are your interests?
      3. Walk me through your resume
      4. Why are you interested in this position?
      5. Are you proficient in excel?   Answer Question