OMD International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2016

2.8

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMD International (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was laid back and informal. There should be more structure to it so that the whole team has input in who gets hired.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your last company?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Always aim high to get what you want.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD International (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1 phone and 3 face to face interviews including a presentation were required. They came back to me faster than other agencies. The HR person was really nice and responsive. People that interviewed me were knowledgeable about different topics.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join? How would people describe you? What are your key strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Graduate Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD International (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial application form included 2 pages of questions. This was followed by an invitation to a graduate recruitment day involving a number of rounds from group tasks to an in-tray test and a numerical test then one-to-one interviews. We weren't given warning about any of the tests and were told not to prepare. The title of the job we were applying for wasn't even advertised. It was quite a disorganised day and a number of us were particularly disappointed after being told that we would be contacted the following day, that we weren't even contacted at all. Emails to HR were ignored. All in all a very disappointing experience for a company that I had held in high regard.

Insight Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD International (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people at OMD International. The first, a middle aged guy, was welcoming and offered useful information on the role; his colleague on the other hand seemed to be playing 'bad cop' and had a sour, unfriendly vibe to her for the duration of the interview. This was in contrast to my dealings with the main HR contact I'd been speaking to.

Interview Questions

• I was quizzed for 1.5 hours before they decided I didn't have enough experience across different media disciplines. At least, this is what I assume was the case since they didn't bother getting back to me. Thanks for wasting my time OMD.   Answer Question

Graduate Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD International (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

The first stage consisted of a telephone interview with the recruiter which was pretty straightforward. A few days later I was called in for an assessment day. The day consisted of a Maths test, Excel test and teamwork exercise which were pretty straightforward. There were 2 interviews, 4 people interviewing for 2 accounts and 2 interviewers for 1 account. The interviews were more relaxed and as a way to get to know the person. Felt confident coming out of the assessment day however I didn't get the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us a time you dealt with large amounts of Data?   Answer Question

Insight Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OMD International.

Interview

I had applied for other roles at OMD but that was the first time I had a face to face interview. To me it was the worst interview ever - the interviewer was very dismissive and ended the interview rather abruptly - although the HR hiring manager was really nice.

Interview Questions

• After nearly one hour into the interview because I didn't have an specific skill they wanted - he told me there and then my experience wasn't relevant for the role - he was very pragmatic. It seems the managers there have their mind sets on a specific type of person and their minds are not open to potential. I will not apply for any more roles withing OMD again.   Answer Question

Accountability Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD International in June 2014.

Interview

They were very friendly and easy going. The interviews weren't stressful, and i was given a lot of advice about the next stage. I applied online, was contacted by interview. i then had an informal interview, followed by two sets of more technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that really took me by surprise, just the usual strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself etc.   Answer Question

Digital Planer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OMD International (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a reference working at OMD International. He put me in contact and I got a call from the Executive Director in the team looking for applicants. The phone interview was very informal. Basically, I was just informed about the team and what they did.The next step was a face-to-face interview at their office in London. Again, the interview was informal. I met 3 of the managers and during the interview they basically just explained the job, what they were looking for and talked about their backgrounds. It felt more like a conversation and there were almost none direct questions about me and there was no need to "sell myself". As I came straight from university, I had no knowledge of the media industry and they reassured me that necessary training would be given.

In short, informal and surprisingly easy interview.

After this I got a call and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about your background
      -Why do you want to work in media
      - How did you hear about us
      Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OMD International (Istanbul (Turkey)) in September 2011.

Interview

2 phase interview.First one is with HR and the 2nd one is department manager and general manager

Media Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMD International in December 2010.

Interview

First round interview took around an hour. Was given a standard application form to fill out - adress, educational/professional background. Had a 1:1 behavioral interview with an HR representative and was then asked to complete a short written test. FIrst part consisted of questions requiring simple analysis of graphs/charts. Part two had questions about your knowledge on local television channels/newspapers/magazines.