OMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OMD Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.6

Digital Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (Brisbane (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview by someone I'm guessing is in HR (which I was unaware I would be called on if I was chosen). She asked me if it was good time to talk which I presumed meant she was intervieweing to a face to face interview. Boy I was wrong!

One of the questions I had to answer was what I knew about the company and I'm suprised I could ratlle off three things. Usually people don't read too much into companies before the interview stage so I'm sure this would catch other people out.

She asked me a series of standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you interested in working in digital?
      Q: What do you have as career plans? Any particualr ideas? (I'm paraphrasing here)
      Q: What are your salary expectations?
      1 Answer
    • I was told that I'd possibly hear back within a week if I was successful in getting to the next stage. (I haven't yet heard back). I didn't ask why they do this but I really don't agree with this whole "we'll get back to you IF you're successful". They aren't the only company to do this but that doesn't make it ok. People shouldn't be left wondering.   Answer Question

Digital Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

First - HR round, second with the director - technical and soft skills. It's moderately difficult. They are looking for team players with skill set. Takes 2 weeks. Require referral as well. They do background check.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weekends, how to tackle a tough situation, technical questions   1 Answer
    • Technical questions, situation based   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes there is room to negotiate

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Human Resources will contact you regarding an interview. Once it is set up you will get a confirmation e-mail with interview details as well as a PDF of the job description and duties. Interviewed by two people with questions about previous experience, skills, personal traits and how and why you'd be a fit into the team. Also asked typical questions such as your strengths, weaknesses and where you see yourself in X amount of years.

Interview Questions

• After the interview they give you a written test with media-related and maths questions. When researching in the lead-up to the interview, I focused more on the media side of things and sacrificed the maths side. Also, I hadn't completed maths questions in an test setting since I left school so I could have done a lot better.   1 Answer

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of your past job?   1 Answer

Assistant Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.

Interview Questions

• Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance.   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.

There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Longest interview and they dont' prepare you for it.
    Be prepared to interview with the entire team when you go in for the first time.
    The office was very nice and the people seemed friendly.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: If you can bring back any extinct animal what would it be?   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

Communication after applying online -- came in for an initial, then a follow up. Both went well, interviewed with various levels within the department to display overall and specific knowledge in the field.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation you encountered?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick. Overall it took 2 days.The people i met with were interested in seeing how I would fit with the team and gaining an understanding of basic skills that were aligned with the positions requirements. All in all. i would say this was a good experience.

Assistant Analyst, Digital Marketing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

easy phone interview followed by an in-person interview. I was told that I would hear a response whether accepted or rejected. Have not heard anything, I assume I was not chosen.