OMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OMD Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.6

Senior Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I am going to be a bit ambiguous so to not identify myself. But this position was for a senior position on their digital team. I was recruited by a GAD and above and interviewed with multiple members of SLT, After my first two interviews with senior people, I had a very good sense of the job, I had a sense that they were interested and SLT meetings were being set. A breakfast was arranged. It would be in a week, on a monday. As the weekend approached, I followed up for a location. No reply, followed up sunday night, no reply. Breakfast was to be at 8 AM, around 9 AM on Monday I got a note apologizing that there was a communication error, and we'd reschedule for later that week.

Great, mistakes happen let's get this booked. I gave a few times that worked for me as was requested. NOthing, two days go by, nothing, end of week, nothing.

I emailed to follow up, nothing. Finally a week later I get a time and place to meet a very Sr. digital person. Fantastic. People are busy, I can dig it. Get to the breakfast spot, get seated on the reservation. Wait, 10 minutes, half hour, an hour after an hour and ten minutes and a couple of emails I gave up and left.

I followed up after to ask if there was an issue or if they weren't interested in me as a candidate and left it at that when I didn't receive a response.

What a disrespectful way to run a recruiting process for any position. I had made some inquiries with some people in our industry and I'm not the only one who has been through this.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Informal interview followed by presentation and Q&A. Initial interview held with one person who would be the line manager, followed up with a panel presentation to a group including the digital director.

Interview Questions

• Brief provided for a fictional scenario (or based on a real life brief) for a client.   1 Answer

Digital Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (Brisbane (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview by someone I'm guessing is in HR (which I was unaware I would be called on if I was chosen). She asked me if it was good time to talk which I presumed meant she was intervieweing to a face to face interview. Boy I was wrong!

One of the questions I had to answer was what I knew about the company and I'm suprised I could ratlle off three things. Usually people don't read too much into companies before the interview stage so I'm sure this would catch other people out.

She asked me a series of standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you interested in working in digital?
      Q: What do you have as career plans? Any particualr ideas? (I'm paraphrasing here)
      Q: What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • I was told that I'd possibly hear back within a week if I was successful in getting to the next stage. (I haven't yet heard back). I didn't ask why they do this but I really don't agree with this whole "we'll get back to you IF you're successful". They aren't the only company to do this but that doesn't make it ok. People shouldn't be left wondering.   Answer Question

Digital Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

First - HR round, second with the director - technical and soft skills. It's moderately difficult. They are looking for team players with skill set. Takes 2 weeks. Require referral as well. They do background check.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weekends, how to tackle a tough situation, technical questions   1 Answer
    • Technical questions, situation based   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes there is room to negotiate

Insight Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people at OMD International. The first, a middle aged guy, was welcoming and offered useful information on the role; his colleague on the other hand seemed to be playing 'bad cop' and had a sour, unfriendly vibe to her for the duration of the interview. This was in contrast to my dealings with the main HR contact I'd been speaking to.

Interview Questions

• I was quizzed for 1.5 hours before they decided I didn't have enough experience across different media disciplines. At least, this is what I assume was the case since they didn't bother getting back to me. Thanks for wasting my time OMD.   Answer Question

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Human Resources will contact you regarding an interview. Once it is set up you will get a confirmation e-mail with interview details as well as a PDF of the job description and duties. Interviewed by two people with questions about previous experience, skills, personal traits and how and why you'd be a fit into the team. Also asked typical questions such as your strengths, weaknesses and where you see yourself in X amount of years.

Interview Questions

• After the interview they give you a written test with media-related and maths questions. When researching in the lead-up to the interview, I focused more on the media side of things and sacrificed the maths side. Also, I hadn't completed maths questions in an test setting since I left school so I could have done a lot better.   1 Answer

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of your past job?   1 Answer

Assistant Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.

Interview Questions

• Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance.   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.

There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Longest interview and they dont' prepare you for it.
    Be prepared to interview with the entire team when you go in for the first time.
    The office was very nice and the people seemed friendly.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: If you can bring back any extinct animal what would it be?   Answer Question