OMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.6

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

first did phone screen with talent & acquisition and then was contacted a few days later to come in for an in-person interview. interview was easy-going and laid back. spoke with a few people, all who were very nice and helpful in discussing their day-to-day responsibilities and what i would be tasked with if seleted

Analyst, Marketing Analytics Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD in June 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen interview with HR then after a week a phone interview with 3 people on the team, each person lasted about 30 min, and then never heard back from HR despite the team said that the HR will contact me regardless

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions, focus on my resume and my work. Had a person keep asking me whether or not I am comfortable presenting to client   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. We set up a phone screen and on-site interview, but I never heard back form the HR coordinator about whether I got an offer or not, which I thought was unprofessional, although I didn't follow up either.

Interview Questions

• The tools i use in my current role and my proficiency in them. Pretty straightforward interview though they grilled me a little and weren't the friendliest people overall. I met with a Director on the team and three managers who were hiring on their teams. It's important to recognize where OMD fits into the digital marketing landscape -- it's a media agency, so you have to understand the clients and such from a media perspective.   Answer Question

Accountability Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position in June. Spoke to the recruiter and got an interview. I am suppose to have a follow in a week which took a month. Got an email from the Director and he never reply back until two weeks. Had a follow up interview. Overall the interview went well but the team seems VERY unprofessional and never get back to you when promised. They said they will give me a follow up again and I am still waiting. They are worst! They are very unprofessional and wont want to work for them. The recruiter is not helpful.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a person who works in Talent Acquisition who i had met at a networking event if I was still interested in applying to OMD. Emailed my resume, after which I was passed along to HR. I had a phone interview and my resume and info was passed along to the teams here. I heard back after my phone interview later in the same week, and scheduled my in person interview for the next week. Interview went fine, no real curve ball questions, I was interviewed by three people, all who were on the team that was looking to add a new assistant strategist. It felt like they were trying to get a sense of who I was, how i would fit in with their team and my experience. The interviews took about an hour and a half because there were 3 thirty minute interviews. I thought they went well but never heard anything back from OMD.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is an interesting trend in advertising?
      What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

- talked to 4 people
    - casual conversation, but not very professional
    - emailed back after the interview and didn't get a response
    - emailed again a couple weeks later and no response

Seemed to be a cool place to work but the people did not seem nice. Not very professional, all seemed like young college kids who didn't know what they were doing.

Junior Negotiator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

Was seated in an office and the whole process was extremely unprofessional - noone seemed prepared to interview me that day and I was forgotten about for a half hour before the first interviewer came to find me. The process took months to hear back from and was no efficient.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and an internal recruiter emailed me in within two weeks to set up an initial phone interview. It was very informal, and she just asked me what I've done/what I'm looking to do. From there, she sent my resume and information over to the accounts hiring and I went in for an interview with the accounts interested in me.

The in person interviews lasted about two hours, with four 20-30 min. 1-1 interviews. Overall, the process was pretty straightforward and the interview questions were half about my personality/outside of work interests and the other were about my past experiences and what I'm looking to get out of a new role.

Digital Investment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by email; quick phone interview, brought in for interview (spoke with associate dir. and dir. of account), called me less than week later to say I got job, had to give answer in week

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OMD in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and in person interview the next day. Relevant questions asked. The hiring managers were very friendly and made me feel comfortable during the interview process. Overall excellent questions asked.

Interview Questions

• How can you determine if a candidate is qualified for a role by a phone screen?   1 Answer