ON Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ON Semiconductor

2.9

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Boise, ID) in May 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. About 30-40 minutes long. Started with personal conversation and then went through resume. Asked about previous work and past school projects. Went into depth with projects to gain a better understanding of my depth of knowledge.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor in May 2019.

Interview

The process was long. I had to wait about a month or two after I had applied to hear if I would be getting an interview or not. I then had one thirty minute interview, waited two weeks, then had four interviews within about three hours.

Design for Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor in March 2019.

Interview

The process took 2+ week. I Applied online for the position. Got an email from hiring manager to setup an video call interview. The interview was average. After an interview, there was a phone screening sheet that needs to be filled and then HR called to give some basic information

Interview Questions

• Setup and hold time violations from the timing diagram
      Write RTL for the following circuit
      What is LFSR
      Difference between latches and flipflop   Answer Question

Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Rochester, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied via job website and was notified via e-mail within 24 hours requesting a telephone interview. Interview set up for 5 days later. Interview lasted 35 minuets and was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position / in changing direction from current position?   1 Answer
    • What is one of you most successful things accomplished in your career?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor in September 2018.

Interview

Excellent team and great work culture. The questions were fairly simple and the assessment was thorough. I had an interview with the Hr and one with the Director. Was given a coding task, assessed on the task completed and questions were based on the technology used.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor in August 2018.

Interview

Phone screen and group interview based on the technologies one has to work with. Relatively smooth. They got back within a week with the offer. Interns here mostly do not get converted.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Gresham, OR) in June 2018.

Interview

Receive an initial phone screen interview with HR. After that the hiring manager calls you and asks for experience and resume based questions. if good than a 4 hour panel interview of HR, than engineers and technicians asking you behavioral and technical types of questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

This company promotes they are for diversity, but it does not promote it within their own hiring process. They are tasked to hire certain people based on race. They also eliminate candidates because they lack a certain degree of education, despite any experience. In today’s market, companies should interview candidates based on qualifications, not rule them out so early on purely based on whether or not they can check certain boxes. There are so many great companies in Arizona that are attracting top talent based on experience and skill, not because they checked a box. I was originally once excited about OnSemi, but it’s not the culture I imagined. I have-accepted a role at Dignity Health and I am pleased it worked out to my benefit.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Top, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Mountain Top, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I had 2 phone interviews and an in-person interview. All were very informal, discussing my experience and what I can do to be an asset to the company.

Manufacturing Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Top, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Mountain Top, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview was with ten employees, 8 managers and 2 technicians. Very welcoming and comfortable environment for an interview. Makes you feel like you want to work there. Brief presentation of my past projects, followed by typical interviewing dialog. At the end was a written quiz regarding your knowledge of different processes.