ON Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ON Semiconductor

2.8

Sort:

Junior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor.

Interview

My interview began with a recruiting company as the position was contract to hire. Although the interview process isn't over, I can say that the company is really digging into my skill level and background; requiring 2 referrals even prior to the second interview, requesting written summaries of how I manage projects, etc.

The first interview was with the recruiter, the second with the PMO manager. The questions were vague, which forced me to re-question everything asked. The manager asked for a written summary of how I would handle running an applications project, although, I had already explained, in detail, how I had done that in the past. This makes me believe the manager isn't detailed or direct enough which is vital for PMs. (BTW, this request was asked of me by my recruiter PRIOR to my having any conversation with the hiring manager - I declined the initial request until I had a chance to chat with the hiring manager in order to get a better feel for what he wanted.)

The rate/offer from the recruiter is extremely low in comparison to jobs of equal skill levels. This, however, may have nothing to do with the FTE salary ON offers.

For this particular position, I would say the level of interviewing is extreme and unwarranted.

Interview Questions

• Three vague questions were asked by the manager, which resulted in me asking for something more specific. When specificity was not entirely provided, I answered based on my gut instinct for what he was looking for.

Question one: How do you work with developers? (in what respect?). Question two: Tell me how you manage stress? (Who's? Mine, team, stakeholders, overall project stress?) Question three: How do you handle difficult people? (Depends on what issue they're having).

I would have thought more appropriate questions would be: How do you work with a developer to engage them on tasks? Tell me how you manage stakeholder stress? How do you handle a person who constantly pushes back on your requests or won't communicate with you?   Answer Question

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online got an email requesting more information from me. Then I was contacted to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview which was simple and took about 20 min. Then 11 days later I received an offer. An in person interview was not required.

Interview Questions

• questions about my experience and if I was planning on graduate school   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

It had two phones screen interview process. After the phone screen, they would select the 4 to 5 people for the 1:1 and panel interview. It would require to interview few cross department mangers. It would require knowledge about company background and products. I was not the luck person, However, I learned a lot on the cross department, panel and one on one interview setting.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor in April 2018.

Interview

A few weeks after submitting my resume, I was contacted by a recruiter by email asking about my availability for a phone screen. I then had a 15 minute phone screen a few days later. The recruiter was very nice, but she asked me an ominous question - she told me to let me know if I receive an offer from another company and provide details about the offer, such as whether it includes the opportunity to work from home. This made it sound like they have issues with recruiting people, so things didn't get off to a good start. About a week later, I had about a half-hour to 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. This was filled with those pointless pesky behavioral/situational interview questions, my LEAST favorite style of interview. Considering I've never had a great experience with this interview format, I knew I was toast, even though I always put my best foot forward. The hiring manager seemed nice, but was also very boring and lacked personality. About a week later I received one of those automated "thanks, but no thanks" emails. Thanks, but no thanks, ON - you did me a HUGE favor by rejecting me! Oh yeah, and I DID get an offer from a much better company!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work - how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Some behavioral questions and technical questions. Easy to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

buck, flyback topology and voltage waveform

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

simple questions about IC basics, op-amp, DC/DC, measurement techinques (a lot of them), questions about the attitude

Negotiation

No negotiation possible, the package was already settled by the company

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor.

Interview

Got contacted through HR to set up an on-site interview in Phoenix. Was met at the door by same HR contact. Got some basic info out of the way and then met with one of the Applications Engineer. No technical questions were asked. It was a walk-through of the facility and what would be expected as an intern.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

It was a phone interview then a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager.

IT Database Interview

Interview

All questions are about SQL, like the three kinks of joint and what is the same and difference of them, what is the difference of trunk, delete and drop. Have you ever used SQL server before. No behavior questions. Ask one project about SQL in the resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the three kinds of joint and the difference between them   Answer Question