ON Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

3 rounds of phone interview. you do not have to fly to Phoenix, if you are not local. from hr to vp of the department. it is quite easy. people are super nice

Interview Questions

• Why ON?
      Why this position?
      Can you talk about your experience in ...?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor.

Interview

The process consisted of two rounds of technical interview and a HR questionnaire. Each interview lasted from half an hour to one hour. Both the interviews were phone interviews.

Entry Level Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed later by a 30 min. HR manager phone screen about your background, qualifications, etc. If you pass that, next is an on site multi-part in-person interview. The interviewers were professional, courteous and on point about what was expected and asked relevant questions pertaining to your knowledge and suitability for the position to be filled.

Interview Questions

• How do you build an AND, NOT and an OR logic gate using either PNP or NPN transistors?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor in July 2017.

Interview

First they mailed me a questionnaire and asked to answer it. All of the questions were same from application. Then they gave me a call for interview. They were two employee of the company who took my interview. The questions they asked were more on behavioural part.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor.

Interview

Applied to several internships on the website for months, about 3 weeks after I applied for this internship I was sent an email from HR saying that they were interested and wanted to know a little bit more about me (basic questions like why ON, strengths/weaknesses ect.) . After sending back the basic questions, received an email the next day again from HR letting me know I would be getting a phone interview 2 days from then, with a set time and she said it would take roughly 30 minutes.

Fab Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Pocatello, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application - AFAIK all applicants were called in for in-person interviews. They sent a survey to fill out with basic information about prior employment and salary requirements. Also they make clear that employees are required to work a weekend shift.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my availability and ability to arrive at work in a timely manner.   Answer Question

Pixel Characterization Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor in March 2017.

Interview

They asked about my past technical projects and asked me very detailed questions regarding that specific project. No behavioral questions, it was mostly technical based on the classes you have taken. After the technical questions, they asked what were my future plans within the company.

Design Summer2017 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. They asked questions on Verilog, Wreal modelling. Questions on Analog circuits were asked too, since the job involved modelling analog cores. Interviewers were patient and really kind

Interview Questions

• What waveform do you expect when you connect a capacitor to a square wave generator?   1 Answer

Firmware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got phone call after applying online within a week. Very difficult and the guy is looking for a particular skill. I have done a project on ARM Cache configuration in one of my graduate courses and mentioned in my resume. He is looking for ARM MCU system design. I never listened that word, that is the first time and it took me 5 seconds to get that word. I told I don't have any course work in that, he asked the I2C protocols, I didn't prepared that as I am having a busy schedule with my semester. The HR will send a list of questions to fill, after responding to that email, she will schedule the interview without asking your possibility. I am having a mid exam and a programming assignment to submit. She haven't gave a single day time. He asked mostly on the MCU system design even though I said I don't know. He asked some basic C questions, interrupt, unsigned. He is looking for the exact keywords. He is a chinese guy, so it took me more time to understand the questions. He is expecting a lot from graduate students. In the end he understood and had seen my resume , understood, I am towards VLSI and told he don't have any openings. Never apply to the position that you doesn't fit and don'y have confidence. It is waste of time and you will loose your confidence.

Interview Questions

• MCU system design, I2C protocols, basic C questions. Some difficult questions on logic design,   Answer Question
    • How can you make a second bit of 32 bits to zero without changing the other bits. How can you toggle the second bit without effecting the other bits. Similar kind of questions like this   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ON Semiconductor (Warwick, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online with received an email to set up a "Phone Screen Availability Request" with Human Resources from main office in Arizona, who then forwarded my answers to one of the site App engineers. Received and email from engineer stating he wanted to call me and talk to me about the job. After talking a few minutes about the job, he started with some tech questioning, I wasn't expecting any tech questions until the face to face interview. I was caught completely off guard, even though it was easy question my mind was on eating my Subway sandwich, had no pencil or paper. Engineer's voice sunk after I gave him the wrong answer, and said he has other candidates he has to interview and would let me know. (We both knew we wouldn't be speaking to each other ever again :) ).

Anyways I sent him a thank you for the interview email, no response...about a week later got an email stating there found someone else. Would of been nice to sit down and meet face to face oh well, my lost your gain.

Hopefully you can learn from my experience, as for me.. I just accepted my an offer with Raytheon, Cheers.

God works in mysterious ways :)

Interview Questions

• HR
      1. Why have you identified ON Semiconductor as a possible employer?
      2. What would you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      3. What is your expected graduation date, major, and GPA?
      4. What courses have been most interesting and engaging for you?
      5. What are your current career aspirations/goals?
      6. Are you currently authorized to work within the United States?
      7. Will you now or in the future require sponsorship?
      8. Are you available to start January 9, 2017?
      9. If you do not already currently live in the immediate area, are you open to relocating?
      10. Are you available to work part time during the school semester based on school schedule?
      11. Do you currently have any pending offers/interviews?
      12. What is your availability for a follow up interview during normal business hours?
      13. Please provide an electronic unofficial transcript showing the following semester’s enrollment.

Engineer Phone interview

1. You have two resistors in parallel, of equal resistance, you need 10 ohms what is the value of each resistor.   1 Answer