ONE400 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at ONE400

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ONE400 (Pasadena, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, sample (paid) writing assignment, in-person interview. Very professional, with a casual and friendly vibe-- I came away impressed. While I wasn't offered the position, they've offered me freelance work.

Interview Questions

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ONE400 (Pasadena, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview starts with a 30-minute phone call and then about an hour long in-person interview. The phone interview involved normal questions like "tell me about yourself" or "what experience do you have in PPC". The CEO initially discussed a 36K salary, which is pretty off if you're asking for 2+ years of experience. Other digital agencies are offering 38 - 45K for entry level positions in LA with less than a year experience. The in-person interview was focused on their clients, which were people from the legal industry. I'd recommend researching the legal industry and the types of marketing involved. It seemed like a pretty difficult industry to do marketing for and they don't have a large client base at One400 - less than 20 if I remember correctly. A lot of them are small firms so not getting very much money into the company I'd say. The sales team is nothing short of 1 person, so they're not necessarily having very many people come through the door. And the sales person is young - maybe under 30. They let me know that they would send me an update after 7-10 days, but never gave me an update. If you take the day off to drive in traffic for a one hour interview, I'd think it'd be common courtesy to notify candidates. Something as simple as "we are interviewing other candidates". They don't have a recruiter or an HR team, so I would say that would've been a red flag for me. I personally think people can find a better agency in LA. There are literally hundreds of them in LA. Overall, don't recommend even bothering with this place. I'd shoot for applying to their actual clients like boutique law firms in-house and give these clients value. It looks like there are a number of law firms looking for a marketing person. Shoot for those. They'd rather pay you the 38K a year for an entry level job then 50K a year at a marketing agency.

Interview Questions

ONE400 Response

Sep 14, 2017 – CEO

I am sorry we dropped the ball here. As an emerging company, it is true we don't have a full time recruiter or HR team but that doesn't excuse our lack of communication. Our extremely rapid growth is both exciting and challenging and we hope to have jobs available for both of those roles soon. At the time of this interview, we were and still are looking for people with substantially more experience. I hope you found a job that was a better fit for your skill set and thank you for your initial interest in us.