ONGC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ONGC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ONGC.

Interview

the interview was more of a formality, it was very conversational, i talked about the green building project that ONGC is taking up, some questions on basic physics were asked

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ONGC.

Interview

It's a two step process. First a written test then interview if selected. In the written test they asked about general knowledge or current affairs and technical questions related to specific discipline. During the interview they asked to talk about myself, education background, projects done, few job related questions.

Interview Questions

• State-of-the-art techniques regarding petroleum geology   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ONGC.

Interview

Asked a few question about the company, why i want to intern at the company

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ONGC in July 2011.

Interview

No interview process. Only people recommended by ONGC employees are hired. It is not recommended when you have more chances of getting else where. Not much beneficial to Computer Science students. A long time project at ONGC or a Co-op is more beneficial. The people who guide you are great to work with and explain you things in detail. On the other side no housing or pay is provided to Interns.

Negotiation

There was none

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ONGC.

Interview

first national level exam, and PI for selected candidates. Mainly cv based interview, question based on general knowledge, common sense and mechanical engineering. Knowledge about Oil & Gas and company is a plus.

Interview Questions

• questions about petroleum refining process   1 Answer

Finance and Accounts Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ONGC (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

There was direct recruitment in ICAI campus placement based on shortlisting of candidates on the basis of marks in CA Final. GD was not there. Panel of 5 interviewers was there.

Interview Questions

• What would u recommend- NPV or IRR?   Answer Question
    • What would u recommend, a total equity firm, total debt entity or a mix of both?   Answer Question

Assistant Executive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ONGC (Pune (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment process.
    First shortlisting was done on BE aggregate basis i.e. 60% marks.
    Then Personality Test or Personal Interview was taken by a panel of 5. It was purely technical interview with very few or negligible HR questions that lasted for around 15-20 mins. Questions were mostly application based.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly asked from resume, focused more on my seminar work, final year project, well control questions and drilling cost related questions.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ONGC (Noida (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Campus placement gets totally focussed on technical part. CPI matters a lot. Higher the CPI more pliable your chances yet more competent questions. Interview goes smoothly, you'll be explored throughout. All round preparations not in demand...one strong subject is all you need.

Interview Questions

• Q: Whats the difference between material balance & volumetric calculations?
      Q: What is induction logging used for, can it be used all the times?
      Q: How'll you control your reservoir flow?...(theres a catch...the control was required in the starting stages of production...not eor...not artificial lift)
      Q: Name all the units present while drilling is conducted.
      Q: Whats the difference between kelly and drill pipe?
      Answer Question

Assistant Executive Engineer (Production) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ONGC (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Shortlisted by gate 2016 and they will give you interview date at delhi.The facilities arranged by the ongc is good.The interview is average and you need good gate score to be selected.

Interview Questions

• 1.What is your project and training?
      2.Questions about refinery operation?
      3.HR question?
      Answer Question

Assistant Executive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ONGC (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Performance of gate is extremely important to interview process and more over for geophysics well the knowledge of advanced well logging was also checked out.. Marks alloted to Essential qualifications are generally given and depending upon your additional qualifications as if one has done phd will fetch him 5 marks more.. (I just had essential qualifications but better score than other phd students so I naman get to get through)
    Just be humble to board and show the desired respect for the process of interview.. Interview is more core oriented rather than hr but one can expect that in accordance to the post applied

Interview Questions

• Advanced well logging and there benefits over other logging techniques   Answer Question