ONYX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Category Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ONYX (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2019.

Interview

First interview was a quick call screen with HR. Second interview was with one of the Category Managers at the JC office. Last interview was with VP of Vendor Relations at the JC office as well.

Interview Questions

• The whole process was rather easy. It was more of a conversation about my experience/skills and how I can contribute in the new position at Onyx.

There were no STAR type of questions for better or worse.

Overall I have to say that the whole experience was really positive. HR was on top of its game in terms of following up with me during the whole process.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ONYX (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I would not recommend this company. They had me interview Jersey City location with intensions to have me work out of their Cranbury location (2 hours away by train). Once I got there I had to pay for parking (untold), then asked to be refunded & they said they would pay. Then after an almost 2 hour interview was promised an offer and a refund for parking. They called me for an offer which never came along with a $20 parking refund I never got. They never got back to me or refunded me. The recruiter herself apologized for the unprofessionalism as management had not decided how they wanted to organize the buying office before the hiring process. Unbelievable, then lowered the salary they were offering for the role after reposting it.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ONYX (Cranbury, NJ).

Interview

I applied online, received a call for a phone screen and then had an in-person meeting in the office. I found the team very engaged and professional and Onyx seems like a great place to work! While I wasn't chosen for the role, I appreciated the responsiveness of the team and feel that this is a Company who takes pride in it's candidates, customers and employees.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience working with a start up organization.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ONYX.

Interview

I applied online. Was called for interview rather quickly. They sent personality assessment prior to interview which took about 5 minutes. Interview met with hiring manager and hr. Unfortunately, I couldn't understand the thick accent of my potential boss. That and finding out all accounting is outsourced in either India or Russia (again the communication barrier) it was not a match.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager gave me a "pop quiz". Due to language barrier I couldn't even understand his directions or what he was looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ONYX (Cranbury, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Very nice interview. But the hiring HR manager disappeared within a couple of weeks. Five HR managers passed were hired and fired within the year and a half I worked there.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ONYX in January 2016.

Interview

Lied to about everything. Totally different job than promised. Spoke to a number of different people. They were quick in their pace. Should have been a red flag.

Interview Questions

Interview

Was called into an interview. Met with a sales manager and HR director at the time. Took 15 minutes, talked about previous employment and current skills i had. Was offered the job the following week

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ONYX (Cranbury, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Friendly, low pressure. I felt comfortable while being interviewed. There was a nice balance of questions for me, but also time spent explaining the position, the company, and the expectations. I felt i walked away from the interview with Onyx having a good idea of who I am, as well as me having a clear understanding of Onyx.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 'What about me would make me successful in this position.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ONYX.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth. I went to the website to fill out the app and do the assessment tests. I had a phone interview then came in for two quick interviews and got hired. Pretty simple. Management/HR were very pleasant to meet and speak with which was comforting. Seems like if you get called in, they are looking to hire you... not waste your time like a lot of other companies out there.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of experience dealing with cars. Wasn't unexpected but being that I was a novice I was unsure if they would still believe that I would be a good fit for the company. I knew a little bit at the time but no where near as much as I know now.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ONYX (Cranbury, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Disgrace...the Recruiter treated me terribly, was a racist.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ONYX (Cranbury, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was invited for an in-person interview shortly afterward. I spoke with the manager for about an hour and a half. He was straightforward and honest, which I liked a lot--the interview was less of a Q and A and more of a conversation about how I could best fit the position and how they could best fit what I was looking for. It was a bit tough because my experiences did not cookie-cutter fit into the job description but we liked each other and he told me he liked what I had to offer. I liked him and the company a lot, and was excited to be considered. This was right before Christmas so I didn't expect to hear from them until after the holidays were over.

I got an email from the talent acquisition rep right before NYE apologizing for the length of time it has taken for me to hear back, that the holidays were making it difficult for the team to get together and discuss the interview candidates.

The following week or two weeks afterward, I got a phone call from the same woman apologizing once again for the length of time it was taking and was calling to make sure I was still interested in the position.

TWO MONTHS later, I got an email from the same woman finally telling me they went with someone else. I found this incredibly annoying and unprofessional after getting in contact with me twice to make sure I was still interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience fit into this position?   Answer Question