ORC International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ORC International

2.5

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORC International (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I first did an HR Screening via WebEX which was basically a review of my resume and getting a little more info on my background. I then took a 30 minute online assessment which consisted of reviewing text and data. After my results were reviewed I was asked to do an in person interview in Boston where I met with four different people at all levels in the company and took a timed writing assessment.

Interview Questions

• There were some scenario questions (If I client asks XYZ what would you say), past experience working in teams, who was the most difficult person you ever had to work with and how did you handle it, what kind of criticism do you have the hardest time taking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ORC International (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with them through campus recruiting for a brief 30 min conversation for me to walk through my resume and them to talk about the ORCID program (January). In mid February took a 30 min online assessment - basically catching errors in an e-mail as well as a data set. 1 week later went in for a 4 hour interview - met with 3 different people who asked all behavioral questions (were all so nice and allowed me to ask a million questions as well). Last hour was for a written assessment. Got an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a weakness, how comfortable are you with excel, what city do you want to be in, what industry are you most interested in being staffed on for projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ORC International (Boston, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter a few days after applying online. We set up a video interview, which felt quite natural and friendly. That was followed immediately by an online assessment which included some copy edits. Relatively straightforward - fixing "their" to "there" and editing for clarity. I was then asked in for a 3-4 hour in-person interview. There was a mix of experience questions and situational questions, followed by a written assessment. You're given several articles to read and summarize for a client within a given amount of time (I believe an hour).

I ultimately was not offered for the position I interviewed for, but was contacted a couple months later to see if I was interested in another opening. I've since accepted another position, but I appreciated their recruiting process in which my time and experience was always considered.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about constructive feedback you've received in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ORC International (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then web-based "test", then in-person interview. It took way too much time, due to HR. But after working there, you learn that HR is slow, inaccurate and not very helpful.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ORC International in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quite standard for me. Two phone interviews with an HR rep and my eventual boss, then an in-person interview with several future colleagues. Nothing too hard or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exactly, just around past experiences, nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Market Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ORC International (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at a career fair, and it was a short 30 minute interview. Pretty standard questions with a few just asking about where I was from, my hobbies, etc. I couldn't tell if it went well or not but I was asked about strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial communications were done via email. Interview was a brief resume overview and reading scripts.

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ORC International (Reno, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and within two days was called for an interview. Went into an interview room and sat at a computer. The interviewer read a script outloud and I had to type what she was saying, doing my best not to make mistakes. I also had to read a script outloud to her. Afterwards she gave me some paperwork to fill out, including a schedule to create for myself and told me the date for training class and that was it.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone yelling or being rude to you on the phone?   Answer Question

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ORC International (Princeton, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

Was hired after interning there in college. The interview process for the internship was multi-staged with two phone interviews and a final in-person interview. Right before graduation, I interviewed for the role of Assistant Project Manager, which required an interview with my prospective manager as well as the VP of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly simple. Was offered 35k to start, asked for 40k due to my experience interning there, received 38.5k. Was 22 years old at the time so I was happy with that.

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ORC International (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

There were several phone interviews before in- person meetings with the different teams. The whole process was about five weeks long, and there were also some practical exercises to do at home for further presentation.