ORISE Orise Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ORISE Orise Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at ORISE

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ORISE (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied Online. Heard back in three weeks. Had an initial phone interview then had a one-on-one interview. Overall, was a pleasant experience. Not too much preparation was needed and interview lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Other Interview Reviews for ORISE

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ORISE (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by email a few weeks later for a phone interview. Was invited for in-person interview a week after the phone interview. Was offered the job a week after that.

P.S. Relocation benefits weren't explicitly offered, but I asked for them and they were provided.

Interview Questions

• They actually did not ask me very many questions -- I was glad I had prepared questions for them.   Answer Question

Orise Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORISE.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview that included situational questions as well as minimal technical knowledge questions. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. I was unaware that this would consist of sitting down with all of the 10 members on staff in small groups over a 2 hour period, but everyone was very friendly and it was easier than I expected. Every ORISE Fellowship interview is different though, this is just my experience!

Interview Questions

• Was asked to go through the process of setting up an Access database.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation since federal pay is on a standardized step schedule

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORISE (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

In-person interview with Regional Health Administrator and Deputy Regional Health Administrator. Brief, 30 minutes, 5 behavioral questions regarding how I would prepare for the position.

2nd round interview with NIH expert, informal, didn't ask too much about ability to handle program, asked more about my experiences in graduate school

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this role?
      How will your prioritize projects/programs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORISE (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted application via on-line and received a phone call one month later from a HR representative to set-up interview two weeks later. I was told there were five candidates, one local and four not local. Interview was administered via phone (although I was given the opportunity to apply in-person--on my dime and no reimbursement of cost) with a panel of 4 people.

The interview questions were not difficult however, the questions were geared for a person with a toxicology background and this interest was not included in the job description. I immediately knew I was not going to get the position. After the interview process, I requested feedback about my overall performance and was told nothing bad just that the person selected had a background in aquatic toxicology and thus was a better fit.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult but the questions were geared for a person with a background in toxicology and my area is environmental science with an interest in environmental chemistry/water quality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ORISE (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received email to set up interview. I was also sent an essay formatted questionnaire. We had a Skype interview. I them received offer 3 days later. Applied online. Received email to set up interview. I was also sent an essay formatted questionnaire. We had a Skype interview. I them received offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Public health evaluation experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ORISE (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

ORISE Fellowship is a scholarship for someone who wants to work as a research fellows in many national labs such as USDA, FDA, NIH,CDC to name a few. The interview process is fairly simple you apply for job and they call you for a phone interview if you are short listed. Some time you might have to give research presentations on site. Once selected by the agency the paper work take any where between 1 month to 2 months to get an offer letter and joining date.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ORISE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

This was an interview specifically for a position at CDC in the Division of Lab Sciences. There was an initial meeting to get to know the hiring supervisor and the lab chief. The second interview was about 2 hours long and involved having a brief one on one with each member of the lab group to ascertain fit within the lab team.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of how mass spectroscopy works?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ORISE (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process initially consisted of online application (resume, cover letter, general questions, and submission of a writing sample). After the initial deadline closed, I was contacted for a second writing sample and scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 minutes long and group/panel style, with three CDC/ORISE employees taking turns asking questions and responding to the candidate's questions. I believe it took them about 1 week after the interview to contact the selected candidate, and about 2 1/2 weeks to contact everyone else who did not receive an offer. There was no in-person interview after the phone interview, which was initially unclear.

Orise Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ORISE.

Interview

Applied online on website, waited a few weeks and got an email requesting phone interview. Phone call screening, then a week or two later invited for a small panel interview to more detailed interview (general interview questions and then background focused questions)

Interview Questions

• general interview questions   1 Answer