OSIsoft Customer Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

3.1

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter had scheduled a day to talk regarding the position. We chatted for around 30 minutes and he informed me that he will provide me with an update once he has communicated with the hiring manager.

Unfortunately, I never head back anything from him. I had emailed him twice asking for an update but still did not hear anything back.

Note to recruiters: I understand it may be time consuming for you to respond with the "Unfortunately, we will no be moving forward at this time..." email to whoever was not selected, but the least that can be done is, an email can be sent to the person who's asking for an update.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OSIsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with 4 people each for 45 minutes. The first was a person from HR, the last three were Chemical Engineers. The last interview consisted of a technical trouble shooting question where you have hypothetical technical error and you have to explain how you would go about solving that problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at an on-campus career fair. This company was not on my radar, but I happened to see that they were looking for any degree (bachelors, masters, phd) in a variety of sciences and engineering. I gave them my resume, and they set up an interview for the following day. I felt like I did not do well at this initial interview, but somehow I got an invitation, a month later, for an in-person interview at their Philadelphia office. You basically sit in a conference room all day, and different people come in to talk to you; I met with four people in total. They range from HR, to mangers in the customer support department, to other customer support engineers. Three of them just asked questions about my resume, my experiences, and why I wanted to work for OSI. One of them asked me some problem-solving questions to solve on the white board. Overall, very friendly interview. I received a rejection exactly one week later. It was a generic email. I'm pretty sure that the things that went against me were that I had no real computer programming experience, that i'm finishing up my phd in chemistry (everyone seemed skeptical that I even wanted to job), and that I said I'm not a big fan of teaching or public speaking (oops! a big part of this job is teaching clients at conferences, or just setting up training sessions!). So my advice is to be aware of the skills that they are looking for - they seemed very interested in my teaching experiences and the fact that I had worked briefly at a pharmaceutical company, since these are their kinds of customers. I think every question they asked came off this site!

Interview Questions

• How many golfballs can you fit in a school bus?
      Write a program to solve for the square root of a number?
      If you're on a boat in a pool with a rock in the boat, and you throw the rock over and into the pool water, does the water level rise or lower?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with the company at a university career fair and the next day, had an in-person interview with the two recruiters who were at the career fair on my university's campus.

A couple of weeks later I got an email moving me to the final interview which would be on-site. You get to choose the location you interview at, with the location you choose the location you'll be working at if you get hired. The interview was 2-3 weeks after I received the email invitation. They fly you out and pay for your hotel, as well as any expenses during your trip (up to a certain amount). The on-site interview lasted 3-4 hours and you interview with 4-5 people, depending who is available the day of your interview.

Overall I would say it was a positive experience. The interviews aren't too challenging, mostly interviewed intensely about yourself and your resume (with a few technical questions). I didn't get an offer but the experience was worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I befriended one of the higher ups in the company who thought I would be a good fit for the company. I'm a nuclear engineer and am currently getting a Master's degree in the same field. I was approached by a university recruiter and then immediately called for an interview. Everyone was very friendly and approachable. I had more questions than they had for me but they seemed happy with what I had to ask.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were not very proud of your performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

I applied through a career fair and got a phone interview with HR. I was then offered a second interview in San Leandro, CA which was a four hour process with several HR and engineers asking about technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot your wireless internet on your laptop?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

OSIsoft should ask themselves, on a scale of 1-10, how well they feel their interview process is doing at convincing you to work for OSIsoft. You should definitely ask yourself that question.

A review of the company on glassdoor mentions a high turn over at their headquarters. I found that tidbit worth paying attention to before my interview.

OSIsoft may need to consider hiring management consultants to work on their interviews, and possibly employee morale.

I would go into details, but there was an NDA.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, but there seemed to be poor communication among the interviewers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Straight forward as explained by others here. Got selected on campus interview. Called for on-site interview. Everything went well. I was hoping for the offer but couldnt get it. Didnt know what went wrong. All were BS and MS qualified people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm for factorial, Algorithm for square root, Why do you want to work for OSI   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Oakland, CA).

Interview

You will talk to a HR person on the phone for almost an hour which usually covers the basic phone interview questions. Then if selected you will be invited to the headquarters in Oakland, CA for a tedious 4 hour interview with both HR and engineers. Finally, you might get the final phone call which and get the offer or get rejected.

Interview Questions

• you have two pieces of rock each weighing 10 lbs, you can break them into smaller pieces in a way no two piece should weigh the same. you are provided with a scale to weigh hay stacks and you can put combination of different rock pieces on each side of the scale in order to weigh different haystacks from 1-20 lbs. How are you going to break the rocks down?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Excellent Interview. Recruiters were courteous. They explained the position and company details well. They were initially screening for the final interview to be held in California. All questions they asked were based on the resume.
    The interviewers were polite, inquisitive and curious about my profile. Overall I liked the process and would be applying to the company again online. i had a positive experience after this interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying for an OSIsoft position.   1 Answer