OSIsoft Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

OSIsoft Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 27, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with 4 people each for 45 minutes. The first was a person from HR, the last three were Chemical Engineers. The last interview consisted of a technical trouble shooting question where you have hypothetical technical error and you have to explain how you would go about solving that problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Pittsburg, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Several general questions about the concept of OOP.
    HR questions about what they did and how the product works. Then they give a very easy coding test, reverse a string or integer and explain how it works.
    Then several debug problems. Like brain teaser. For example: given some code with the infinite loop and ask you to find the problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

After passing the preliminary 1 hour interview the day after a career fair, they flew me over to their office about 2 months later, also providing a hotel stay close by. When I arrived, they brought me into a small room with a table and whiteboard and interviewers would come in 1 by 1 to tell me about the company and ask me questions. Total of 3 developers and 1 HR interviewers were talked to over the course of 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Write a factorial function recursively and iteratively, describing the difference between the 2. Look at some buggy C++ code and explain what it would do and what the problem is. Design code to find the location of the last object in a circular list if every other object was deleted until there was only 1 left.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with the company at a university career fair and the next day, had an in-person interview with the two recruiters who were at the career fair on my university's campus.

A couple of weeks later I got an email moving me to the final interview which would be on-site. You get to choose the location you interview at, with the location you choose the location you'll be working at if you get hired. The interview was 2-3 weeks after I received the email invitation. They fly you out and pay for your hotel, as well as any expenses during your trip (up to a certain amount). The on-site interview lasted 3-4 hours and you interview with 4-5 people, depending who is available the day of your interview.

Overall I would say it was a positive experience. The interviews aren't too challenging, mostly interviewed intensely about yourself and your resume (with a few technical questions). I didn't get an offer but the experience was worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview first, demo your favorite project. Then I got an onsite interview invitation in San Leandro, CA. Three rounds interviews in total, some basic OOP concepts and OOD questions were asked. Coding problems were very easy. Be aware of that some low levels experience is necessary, for example, multi-thread, mutex lock, virtual memory, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

I applied through a career fair and got a phone interview with HR. I was then offered a second interview in San Leandro, CA which was a four hour process with several HR and engineers asking about technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot your wireless internet on your laptop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The most friendly interview process in the entire world. I had a short argument with an interviewer on a problem, but we solved it out together. Interviewers seemed little tired from the workday. They always pushed you for better answers, corner test cases, and expanding the code.

They give you a sheet saying you will interview with three people.
    If you do well in the first one or two, you will unlock additional people until you go to the boss stage.
    They expect sharp answers. The talent pool in the company is among the highest in the Bay Area. There are a lot of ivy league programmers, and mentors. Interviewer acted as a mentor too.

Most thorough interview process. Very family like.

I rejected the offer because the pay and benefits were not high enough to balance the Bay Area's cost of living. Sometimes, I regret this. And again, I have to make a living. I would love the working environment, but I also have to make a living. Moreover, the company is not moving towards cloud platform fast enough.

Interview Questions

• 1 Dynamic Programming problem, 1 Systems Design question, 1 Open ended coding exercise, and your interest in the company.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

OSIsoft should ask themselves, on a scale of 1-10, how well they feel their interview process is doing at convincing you to work for OSIsoft. You should definitely ask yourself that question.

A review of the company on glassdoor mentions a high turn over at their headquarters. I found that tidbit worth paying attention to before my interview.

OSIsoft may need to consider hiring management consultants to work on their interviews, and possibly employee morale.

I would go into details, but there was an NDA.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, but there seemed to be poor communication among the interviewers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (Oakland, CA).

Interview

You will talk to a HR person on the phone for almost an hour which usually covers the basic phone interview questions. Then if selected you will be invited to the headquarters in Oakland, CA for a tedious 4 hour interview with both HR and engineers. Finally, you might get the final phone call which and get the offer or get rejected.

Interview Questions

• you have two pieces of rock each weighing 10 lbs, you can break them into smaller pieces in a way no two piece should weigh the same. you are provided with a scale to weigh hay stacks and you can put combination of different rock pieces on each side of the scale in order to weigh different haystacks from 1-20 lbs. How are you going to break the rocks down?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OSIsoft (San Leandro, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

oncampus asked to submit coding sample on campus and then fly to san leandro california, they pay for everything and overall they stay was good, but I guess that they wanted 100 % perfect answers( be prepared with almost 45 min of grinding behavioural questions)

Interview Questions

• they ask quetions on threads, semaphores, atomicity. A question to test how well do you know memory management ( a sample program to tell what is the error, and the error was because the variable that was being pointed to was not referenced any more) and a question given chckedn cost x, ducks cost y and eggs cost Z find x,y,z to make total price 100.   Answer Question