OSRAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OSRAM

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 interviews, on phone, one onsite
    After finally getting the interview scheduled, which was the result of a lot of phone tag, quite a few rounds of interviews with a variety of people. Some were so inetersted in doing the interview that many were obviously searching for a person from some time.

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OSRAM (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

A preliminary interview is usually conducted over the phone, most questions will be based on your resume and are for HR personnel to understand your background and compare it to other candidates.

After the initial screening and elimination of some candidates, the second interview will be with the manager of the position in question. This will be an in person interview, whereby the candidate is require to come in. Most questions will be based on the candidate's resume and work experience, this also gives the manager an opportunity to see if candidate would be a good fit for the position and environment, so dress appropriately!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? This might seem like an easy question, however, for the unprepared candidate, this can end horridly. Remember the manager will not only expect a genuine and coherent response, but they will also be observing how the candidate articulates themselves - your grammar, diction and body language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR rep called and made the offer, THIS IS THE TIME TO NEGOTIATE.

Anonymous Employee in Europa, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OSRAM (Europa, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Very brief, just to check my language knowledge and how aware I was of the company´s environment. Also questions about commitment and availability were asked to see when the internship could begin.

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Danvers, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Two phone screens and an on-site was all it took. They were quick to get back to me with an answer to if I got the job. Great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSRAM (Beverly, MA).

Interview

First a phone screening interview with HR, basic background questions, resume-oriented questions related with the research intern position.
    About a month later, onsite interview with the hiring team. First part was a short presentation / job talk, followed by a group Q&A session. Most questions are about technical implementation in my research projects. Lastly, I had a tour in their facility.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OSRAM.

Interview

Interviewed with one of the auditors as well as the Director of auditing. Questions were straight forward and both interviewers were laid back. Were looking for someone they could mold by using new programs.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Screening interview, interview with manager. The interview was not intense but pointed and the questions were more like a "situational analysis" type of discussion to try and extract info.

Interview Questions

• Did you have quotas you had to meet? How did you deal with being over or under quota?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSRAM in February 2007.

Interview

I first received a call from the hiring manager to discuss my background. I came in a week later for a full day of one on one interviews with various members of the group. The interview process was fairly laid back with no firm structure from one interviewer to the next. Many just asked about key points from my resume and my background in general.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in our company? What interests you about the position?   Answer Question

Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OSRAM.

Interview

Easy asked lots of questions about background. Interviewed by colleagues who were disheveled and easy to talk with. Interviewer from mfg called me on phone to discuss technical aspects of the job. He made disparaging remarks about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinksy. Very inappropriate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They reduced initial offer from what the hiring manager originally promised. Eventually received what I was promised but not without waiting for weeks for them to get their act in order.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

It went well, people are very nice. I loved the facility it looked very comfortable to work in. They were very easy going and casual. My interviewer was extremely knowledgeable about the company. He did not make me feel uncomfortable in any way, he made it easy to speak openly and plainly. It looks like fun to work there. I would recommend applying for this job to anyone.