OSRAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.8

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Based on the past project do e the candidate have the potential to perform the present tasks or not. The learning attitude and question ability is seen. Also asked to give a demonstration .

Interview Questions

• About the past projects and learning.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

It went well, people are very nice. I loved the facility it looked very comfortable to work in. They were very easy going and casual. My interviewer was extremely knowledgeable about the company. He did not make me feel uncomfortable in any way, he made it easy to speak openly and plainly. It looks like fun to work there. I would recommend applying for this job to anyone.

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by, phone interview and onsite interview with 2 people. One interviewer was very abrupt with me because the interview had been scheduled for a 1/2 hour and she had a conflict. Every interviewer mentioned challenges of working with Germany. That was a red flag. I still haven't heard back from them. Even a form decline email is appreciated.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Winchester, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Sat down with 4-5 indiviuals and was asked the normal question, Why Sylvania?,
    What are your strengths/weaknesses etc.
    HR lady was very pleasant, "If you have any questions call or e-mail me and I WILL get back to you if I don't answer. I did think of something a few hours later and called her direct line, voice mail...called back later, voice mail... I left a couple of messages and e-mailed her.
    Never got a response.
    I had really made up my mind I wasn't going to take the position if offered because it sounded like a nightmare but IF you tell someone face to face smiling at them "Call me anytime and I will get back to you" then do it.
    She turned out to be very two faced, unprofessional and just rude.
    These people should realize that you're making a decision that affects your's and your family's lives,

Interview Questions

• Why Sylvania?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses etc.   1 Answer

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied from the company career site. One week later got a call from hr to arrange an interview. Passed the first round then invited to the second round for on site. The travel plan and accommodation should be arranged by urself, the hr never provided u any information. Being told the cost will be reimbursed by the company. However, after the second round, no response about the interview results and even the reimbursement. I would say the HR in Osram resensburg is not so professional compared to those companies of the same level. But the interview was a nice and friendly talk.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OSRAM (Danvers, MA).

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks. I applied through LinkedIn and got an email from the recruiter the next day. I had a phone interview later that week and an in person after that. They offered me the position 2 days later.

Negotiation

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OSRAM (Danvers, MA).

Interview

Average questions, most of the time testing how confident you are. Nothing really challenging. At the end is 2 rounds. Very long process (3 months). You might have technical experience as well as negotiation skills for this position.

Interview Questions

• you have 3 switches and one room with a closed door. one of the switches will turn on the light. How would you choose? (you can turn off and on any switch)   Answer Question

Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OSRAM.

Interview

Easy asked lots of questions about background. Interviewed by colleagues who were disheveled and easy to talk with. Interviewer from mfg called me on phone to discuss technical aspects of the job. He made disparaging remarks about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinksy. Very inappropriate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They reduced initial offer from what the hiring manager originally promised. Eventually received what I was promised but not without waiting for weeks for them to get their act in order.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSRAM (Beverly, MA).

Interview

First a phone screening interview with HR, basic background questions, resume-oriented questions related with the research intern position.
    About a month later, onsite interview with the hiring team. First part was a short presentation / job talk, followed by a group Q&A session. Most questions are about technical implementation in my research projects. Lastly, I had a tour in their facility.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview consisted of a round of phone interviews followed by a face-to-face interview. The phone interviews were generalized attempting to gain better understanding of your background, experiences, and interest in the company. The face-to-face was more of a behavioral interview peppered with some specific questions on the position itself.

The reason for my negative experience is that I thought the companies interviewing practices were poor and unprofessional. Now I have done recruiting in the past and understand not everyone can be contacted with a reasoning why they were passed upon, but this lies more with those who have only completed a phone screening or phone interview. Whenever you invite someone in to interview face-to-face you owe them the courtesy of a phone call or email explaining that you have found someone else and thank you for your time. I received none of that. Even after a thank you email and a followup email I received no word on my status. Luckily I found a much better position shortly thereafter.