OSRAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Worcester, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on Handshake which indicates they will hold on campus interviews, it takes not much time for processing, and I interviewed on campus. Two engineer interviewed me, first give me basic introduction of what they do, and asked about myself. Not much technical questions, no writing code, but they asks about project, resume, and what is your favorite job.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions, ask about resume,and they kept asking what is your favorite job.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Based on the past project do e the candidate have the potential to perform the present tasks or not. The learning attitude and question ability is seen. Also asked to give a demonstration .

Interview Questions

• About the past projects and learning.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

It went well, people are very nice. I loved the facility it looked very comfortable to work in. They were very easy going and casual. My interviewer was extremely knowledgeable about the company. He did not make me feel uncomfortable in any way, he made it easy to speak openly and plainly. It looks like fun to work there. I would recommend applying for this job to anyone.

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by, phone interview and onsite interview with 2 people. One interviewer was very abrupt with me because the interview had been scheduled for a 1/2 hour and she had a conflict. Every interviewer mentioned challenges of working with Germany. That was a red flag. I still haven't heard back from them. Even a form decline email is appreciated.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied from the company career site. One week later got a call from hr to arrange an interview. Passed the first round then invited to the second round for on site. The travel plan and accommodation should be arranged by urself, the hr never provided u any information. Being told the cost will be reimbursed by the company. However, after the second round, no response about the interview results and even the reimbursement. I would say the HR in Osram resensburg is not so professional compared to those companies of the same level. But the interview was a nice and friendly talk.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Winchester, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Sat down with 4-5 indiviuals and was asked the normal question, Why Sylvania?,
    What are your strengths/weaknesses etc.
    HR lady was very pleasant, "If you have any questions call or e-mail me and I WILL get back to you if I don't answer. I did think of something a few hours later and called her direct line, voice mail...called back later, voice mail... I left a couple of messages and e-mailed her.
    Never got a response.
    I had really made up my mind I wasn't going to take the position if offered because it sounded like a nightmare but IF you tell someone face to face smiling at them "Call me anytime and I will get back to you" then do it.
    She turned out to be very two faced, unprofessional and just rude.
    These people should realize that you're making a decision that affects your's and your family's lives,

Interview Questions

• Why Sylvania?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses etc.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OSRAM (Danvers, MA).

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks. I applied through LinkedIn and got an email from the recruiter the next day. I had a phone interview later that week and an in person after that. They offered me the position 2 days later.

Negotiation

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OSRAM (Danvers, MA).

Interview

Average questions, most of the time testing how confident you are. Nothing really challenging. At the end is 2 rounds. Very long process (3 months). You might have technical experience as well as negotiation skills for this position.

Interview Questions

• you have 3 switches and one room with a closed door. one of the switches will turn on the light. How would you choose? (you can turn off and on any switch)   Answer Question

Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OSRAM.

Interview

Easy asked lots of questions about background. Interviewed by colleagues who were disheveled and easy to talk with. Interviewer from mfg called me on phone to discuss technical aspects of the job. He made disparaging remarks about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinksy. Very inappropriate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They reduced initial offer from what the hiring manager originally promised. Eventually received what I was promised but not without waiting for weeks for them to get their act in order.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OSRAM (Beverly, MA).

Interview

First a phone screening interview with HR, basic background questions, resume-oriented questions related with the research intern position.
    About a month later, onsite interview with the hiring team. First part was a short presentation / job talk, followed by a group Q&A session. Most questions are about technical implementation in my research projects. Lastly, I had a tour in their facility.