OSRAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OSRAM Interview Questions

Interviews at OSRAM

2.8

Global Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OSRAM.

Interview

After submitting the application, I was asked to come for an interview instead of starting with a phone screen. Unconventional, but I was happy to move along in the process as quickly as possible. The day of the interview, I was emailed as I was preparing to leave to let me know an important meeting was happening and the interview would need to be postponed. This wasn't a huge issue as I've gone through those hurdles sometimes.

I went in for the interview the next week as scheduled. The coordinator who I was in communication with could not be found. I met with the head of HR who had no clue I was coming in and couldn't find my resume. She then scrambled to find the hiring manager who also could not be found. Eventually I sat down with a business development employee who was not prepared to interview me nor had an idea of the role. After 30 minutes, and still not being able to find anyone, the interview was finished. Very soon after these meetings, I was sent an email saying I was not being considered for the job.

Jedi mind tricks or poor coordination? I'll never know. But be aware that this could be indicative of major structural issues at Fluence.

Interview Questions

• Oh, [interview coordinator] asked you to come in? I didn't know that.   Answer Question

Sep 3, 2019 – Frau

Dear candidate,

Thank you for your detailed feedback! We are sorry that you had a negative experience during the application process and did not feel comfortable with the interview situation and coordination. Our aim is that all applicants have a positive experience during the interviews. Based on an equal footing we want the applicant to feel challenged but also comfortable. Therefore, we will take your feedback into consideration and pass it on to our colleagues in recruiting.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM.

Interview

A phone call with manager and later a video interview with 3 people for 45 minutes. People interviewed were very unfriendly. One of then was a new employee, so he was clueless I am curious why they even put him in interview board. They were not willing to listen to answers. Afterwards, company went to a total radio silence, not an email even for rejection, HR doesnt reply to emails. Overall, i dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

OSRAM Response

Jun 28, 2019 – Frau

Dear candidate,

Thank you for your input! We are sorry that you had a negative experience during our application process. Of course, it is very important for us to give every applicant feedback and we regret if this was not the case. We will take your feedback into consideration and pass it on to our colleagues in recruiting. For more feedback you can contact me directly:

c.melzer@osram.com

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 interviews, on phone, one onsite
    After finally getting the interview scheduled, which was the result of a lot of phone tag, quite a few rounds of interviews with a variety of people. Some were so inetersted in doing the interview that many were obviously searching for a person from some time.

Sensing Systems and Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

First round by HR about my experience and interest. They also asked me about salary and other expectations.
    Second round was technical interview on phone with two people.
    Interview process was very professional.

Interview Questions

• My project work and implementation.
      Past experience.
      Basic C programming questions.   Answer Question

IT Process & App Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and HR reached out to schedule Initial round of phone interview. Interview was related to previous experience and few general questions. Later F2F interview at HQ location.

Interview Questions

OSRAM Response

Jan 3, 2020 – Frau

Dear candidate,

Thank you for taking the time to review your application process as an IT Process & App Analyst Interview! We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy that you felt comfortable during the interview. All the best for your future career at OSRAM!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Worcester, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on Handshake which indicates they will hold on campus interviews, it takes not much time for processing, and I interviewed on campus. Two engineer interviewed me, first give me basic introduction of what they do, and asked about myself. Not much technical questions, no writing code, but they asks about project, resume, and what is your favorite job.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions, ask about resume,and they kept asking what is your favorite job.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Based on the past project do e the candidate have the potential to perform the present tasks or not. The learning attitude and question ability is seen. Also asked to give a demonstration .

Interview Questions

• About the past projects and learning.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

It went well, people are very nice. I loved the facility it looked very comfortable to work in. They were very easy going and casual. My interviewer was extremely knowledgeable about the company. He did not make me feel uncomfortable in any way, he made it easy to speak openly and plainly. It looks like fun to work there. I would recommend applying for this job to anyone.

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSRAM (Wilmington, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by, phone interview and onsite interview with 2 people. One interviewer was very abrupt with me because the interview had been scheduled for a 1/2 hour and she had a conflict. Every interviewer mentioned challenges of working with Germany. That was a red flag. I still haven't heard back from them. Even a form decline email is appreciated.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied from the company career site. One week later got a call from hr to arrange an interview. Passed the first round then invited to the second round for on site. The travel plan and accommodation should be arranged by urself, the hr never provided u any information. Being told the cost will be reimbursed by the company. However, after the second round, no response about the interview results and even the reimbursement. I would say the HR in Osram resensburg is not so professional compared to those companies of the same level. But the interview was a nice and friendly talk.