OSRAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Europa, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OSRAM (Europa, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Very brief, just to check my language knowledge and how aware I was of the company´s environment. Also questions about commitment and availability were asked to see when the internship could begin.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at OSRAM (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Basically asked basic motivational questions, why OSRAM, why this role. Asked abit about what operations they had in the country. Also asked 1 basic technical question about semiconductors.

Strangely, my interviewer explained to me about the benefits and salary at this stage of applications, which other companies I applied for didnt do yet till they gave an offer.

Unfortunately, I didnt hear back from them, which I figured meant that I didnt pass.

Interview Questions

• What other companies did you apply for   1 Answer

Internhship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regensburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OSRAM (Regensburg (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

following problems are talked during the telephone interview
    normal question about study, work and past experience (thesis)
    interest in the LED industry, future object
    research and language capability, problem solving and programming
    the interview lasts for 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• what do you do during your thesis work   1 Answer

Supply Chain Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSRAM (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in January 2015.

Interview

1,HR telephone interview , which is passed.
    2, Direct report manager interview by phone,which is passed
    3, Higher level manager face to face interview, which is failed. I am looking for a position which has potential for career improvement, while company can only provide a normal position at that moment.

Development Engineer Interview

Interview

In the beginning, it was a HR giving me a telephone interview. This part was easy. She just checked the resume I sent, and asked some normal questions, such as what do you know about our company, what is your motivation to apply this job position, what is your future career plan, And after one week, I was invited for a on-site interview. There I gave a presentation about my thesis in front of the whole department. During this time, I was asked many academic questions. After that, I talked with the department manager and a HR alone.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part for me is academic questions during my thesis, I studied mainly on optics. But they asked many about chemical and physical deeply.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OSRAM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

2 rounds

Negotiation

endless.......no can do's appeared lies afterwards
    (HR is bad)

SAP Business Expert Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at OSRAM.

Interview

1>Face to Face interview with HR
    2>Face to Face interview with the team leader and the head of SAP asia support center.

Sales/Commercial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in November 2011.

Interview

During the interview with the German CEO, everything was fine and dandy. He will portray the career in a very well manner to get you into the door of Osram Malaysia. When hired, everything turns for the worst.

Negotiation

They tried to low ball but due to my experience, they needed me more and we came to a slight compromise on my side.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OSRAM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2011.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews, for three potential positions
    - 2 panel interviews - interview with HR and three department heads
    - 1 interview with Region Head - talked about vision and strategy topics
    - 1 telephone interview - explore potential in another department
    - 1 interview with Line Manager - finally lock with one department and discuss detail job scope and expectation

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions on past working experience and behavior
      Look for potential rather than direct fit to the role
      Evaluate development potential for working in different functions and technology
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OSRAM (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2011.

Interview

Via a head hunter, they contacted me with Osram and arranged for the face to face interview. Osram paid for the flight tickets, I went for the interview in teh afternoon and the next morning I was told that they were very interested in me.

Interview Questions

• How do I see the future of lighting in the next 5 years.   Answer Question