OTIS Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OTIS Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at OTIS

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Lengthy - started with HR screen, then super day meeting with 8+ people from a variety of branches. Most set in groups of two with a good cop/bad cop set up. Test you to see how you can handle tough questions.

After meetings, you have to give a presentation on a topic you're interested in in front of everyone you interviewed with + the other candidates attending that day.

If you survive this experience, you get to ride along with a current rep to see what a day in the life looks like.

If you're extended an offer after all of this, you have to complete a drug screen and background check. I think they have now added an IQ test as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can handle tough customer meetings?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OTIS

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OTIS (Sacramento, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, followed up with email, received an application which was then submitted. I was called in for an interview with the Branch Manager and the sales manager. I had one interview and then waited 2 weeks for an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why would you like to work for Otis? What experience do you have in sales? Tell me about how you would develop business in new city? Why should we hire you? Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (East Hartford, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

Heard about the job through on-campus career fair, start off with a phone interview, then 1 on 1 interview on campus for round 2, once passed, third round of interview was to go through 3 groups of 2 managers of local/regional level, got an offer first thing in the morning Monday of the week after.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Des Moines, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

I met OTIS for a career fair at my university. They invited me to do an interview on campus the next day, where I met with someone in HR from CA and a local manager from IA. I was then invited on the spot (which is rare I guess) to attend their Super Day, where their top 10 candidates West of the Mississippi would be interviewed.
    Their Super Day was originally supposed to be in LA, CA, but because 3 of the top 10 candidates went to Iowa, they decided to move the Super Day to their Des Moines office. At their Super Day, you did a panel interview with a group of executives, did a writing sample, a role play, and did a presentation you were asked to prepare in advance. I received an offer about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 senior managers. It was a nice conversation and everything indicated the interview went well. In the end, I suppose they didnt think I was the right fit. I didnt receive a response after I sent emails thanking them for their time, etc. That's how I figured it wasn't going to work out.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at OTIS (Washington, DC) in November 2007.

Interview

My first interview with Otis, to join the company, was 1993. The last interview process was in 2000, when I was transferring from one office to a higher position in another office. During my time there Otis seemed to hire one of two types for their Account Manager positions. Either business school graduates (MBA) or people who had experience in elevator sales from other elevator companies. Rarely did I see candidates come, and succeed from any other backgrounds.

I entered from a MBA program so the process involved, interviewing, at my university, for a summer internship, then later interviewing for a position with the company. Ultimately Otis is about sales and new hires who wish to advance, need to spend time in the local offices where the sales are generated.

Typically, candidates will be brought in for a day or two of interviewing at the local office where there is an opening. This will have followed a phone interview with the location manager, and HR manager, and maybe the regional GM. Usually this takes a day, but in larger metro areas there may be several offices in close proximity and multiple positions available. In this case you may spend two days and visit several offices.

On the interview day, the local office will have scheduled anywhere from 4 to 6 meetings/interviews for the candidate. These would include: the Location Manager, Sales Manager, Superintendent, Manager of the department with the opening, HR manager for that area, one or two sales reps from the department and possibly the Regional GM. Basically they try to have everyone on the team have a look at the candidate. There may be fewer interviews at smaller offices.

Typically, the interviews will last 30 minutes to an hour. You will probably attend lunch with several of the people you have spoken to during the day. If things are going well, you may also have dinner with someone from the office, if you are coming from out of town to interview. Depending on schedules, the candidate may be taken on a tour of the area, or ride along with one of the other sales reps.

Generally, the questions are standard fare, and you will have it down pat, by the 4th interview. They want to know your history, your education, your knowledge of the product, sales, and how you get along with people. Probably, above all they want to see, how you handle and interact with people; both potential customers and the Otis team. Nothing happens successfully in Otis without the efforts of a team players; sales reps. mechanics, superintendents, engineers, corporate support, etc. so it is important that the candidate be able to work in this environment.

One challenge to candidates with strictly white collar backgrounds, is the field component of Otis. Sales reps work along with a blue collar workforce of technicians and superintendents that do the actual hands on installation and maintenance of the elevators. You will find that the most direct and in your face interviews will come from the Superintendent. They do not mince words and are not too interested in political correctness. They want to know if you are capable, a team player and can be trusted to do what you say. If you do not have your superintendent's respect, (they don't have to love you) you will not be very successful at Otis.

By the end of the day, you will have a good feel for where you stand. You may have an offer, but that typically comes a few days following your interview; after all the team members have had a chance to share their impressions of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle or work with difficult team members of personalities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have a clear idea of what you have to have and do as much research as possible, about what the position offers. There were set ranges of salary for each position. There may be some wiggle room regarding relocation expenses. One must remember that Otis is a large corporation with standard policies and procedures.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Met with Branch Manager and discussed day to day responsibilities, answered questions regarding experience and various sales scenarios. Discussed leadership experience, future career goals. Talked about the dynamic between Sales and Operations in such a niche field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process was in 3 steps
    1) Preliminary Screening over the phone with HR Manager - 20 minutes of general questions ranging from explaining your interest in Otis to your educational and/or professional background
    2) Interview at the branch with General Manager and Regional General Manager
    3) Presentation on any chosen topic and panel (behavioral) interview at the HQ with Senior team

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard set of behavioral questions - strengths, weaknesses, teamwork, relationship building ability and examples, why Otis and why I should be hired, etc.
      General Manager asked more specific case type questions - how I would prioritize my day, how I would resolve a client dispute, how I would go about motivating my support team to meet client's expectations in an emergency type situation.   Answer Question