OTIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OTIS Interview Questions

Interviews at OTIS

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Rochester, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Initial contact through career fair. Recruiter followed up with phone interview, then 1:1 interview on location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took leadership of a project.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had difficulties getting along with someone at work? How did you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

One-sided - company favorable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OTIS (Gainesville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a first round on-campus interview through my university's career fair. I met first with a sales manager and then directly after met with someone from Human Resources. The sales manager provided me with a lot of information about the company and described the day to day activities of a sales intern. The person from human resources then asked me questions more pertaining to me personally. The whole process lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What attributes set you apart from others applying for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

I applied and had my interview the next day. I was interviewed by two representatives on campus and then moved on to a second and third interview onsite a month apart from each other. Each interview was with a different manager at the branch.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

I met with reps at a college careers fair and was asked to do an interview the following day. I did, and then was contacted about three weeks later asking for a second interview. I drove over 4 hours for a one hour interview which I did not feel was very in depth or informative at all. They offered a position and I was so unimpressed with the poor interview and time that they took with the process that will not accept.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OTIS in April 2015.

Interview

Meet with GM and senior engineer discussed position, travel requirements, previous employment, typical screening questions. I waited a few weeks for them to get back to me with an offer

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Otis?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OTIS in November 2018.

Interview

recruiter approached me about role, set up a quick phone call (20 mins), moved me to another interview with director a few days later (30 mins) , then a final interview. Role was contract and I was given minimal information about the role and what day to to day would entail. Told recruiter kindly I no longer wanted to be considered for role and recieved no response.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

Very disappointing experience. A recruiter asked out to me and asked me if I would consider applying for the role. I had a great first round phone screen and was immediately scheduled for a second phone screen. I thought the second round went well, but not great. After not hearing anything for a few days, I reached out to the recruiter for feedback. It has now been two weeks and I haven't heard a word from anyone at the company.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my background and prior experience   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got the interview through a staffing agency. After a briefing about the company, the agency told me I was a good candidate for the job. Flew to a regional office on my own dime for the interview. The interview was with 3 people; an HR manager and 2 service managers. They asked pretty standard questions pertaining to leadership. They also asked questions based off of my resume. Overall not a difficult interview. The staffing agency provided us with some example questions to be prepared to answer and most of the questions were what they asked or were very similar.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little to no communication between me and Otis. The staffing agency did all of the work with the company. All we did was provide a requested salary and top 5 location preferences. The company chose which candidates they wanted and then sent out offers about a month after the interviews.

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

College Graduate Interviews are very intense including at least one "Super Day" in which you interview with all managers within a region and also complete a presentation to all interviewers and interviewees. Other interviews include phone, in-person, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle ____? Fill in with miscellaneous sales situation   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Met Otis at a University career fair, and based on my resume set up an on-campus interview with HR manager. It was a very positive interview and she answered several questions that I had about the position. The following week I received an e-mail invitation to a super day (little over a half day) interview with multiple managers from around the region. I was also asked to prepare a presentation to present to the interviewers and other candidates attending the super day.

The interviews were set up so each group of managers together (2 per room, 5 rooms total) had either a hard-to-crack vibe or overtly friendly vibe. Specific questions were asked by HR manager about classes, etc. and I'm pretty sure she compared my answers to my transcripts I had turned in. A couple of managers were pretty tense and asked a lot of personal questions (ie. how was your education financed, why would you want to move to x city, why are you not relocatable, is it a relationship, etc.) and I am certain being able to handle these and remain poised is part of what got me an offer.

After the conversations, all of the 6 candidates in attendance gave their presentations. Topic was our choice, the purpose of this section is to demonstrate your ability to give a presentation in a professional setting.

The week after this I got a call from a manager extending the offer for me to come ride along with a current sales rep for a day to see what the position is like. The managers asked me to call/email follow up the following day to recap my experience and what my thoughts were about moving forward for the process. I expressed excitement and they called and offered me the position a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• How was your education financed? Which summer school classes did you take? Why didn't you have an internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate offer as it was very good for a fresh college grad. I have heard others were able to negotiate a higher salary. A relocation and signing bonus were both offered in the initial package.