OTIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OTIS Interview Questions

Interviews at OTIS

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

Recruited on campus. The interview was very conversational. Standard behavior questions, but mostly wanted to get to know me as a person to see if I would be a fit.

Service Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

I got recruited at a school career fair. The initial interview was done a day later on campus and was very standard format. The next step is an interview out of state at corporate office in dallas texas. You go through several interviews back to back speaking with two employees at once. Some of the interviews were stylized like a good cop bad cop scenario. They rapid fire questions to see how you can handle pressure.

Interview Questions

• really surprised by some personal questions such as tell me about your family and siblings relationship. i was thrown off guard and did not see how that was professional or appropriate. one thing they definitely hammered on was why do you want to work for otis and really didnt try and sell us company at all in interviewing process   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

The two people that interviewed me where very pleasant. They provided me with the information that i needed even before i asked them. I sat down with one of the CSR to listens to calls l.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OTIS (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Emotional roller-coaster. 4 panels: 2 "good cop" normal, nice people, 2 "bad cop" extremely tough, bully-like, try to tear you down emotionally. At the end of the four panels you are required to give a 4 minute presentation. Dont go over time, someone in the back of the room will literally stand up and interrupt you and tell you to stop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you deserve this position over the other people here today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I got a call from my Human resource to set up an interview. They called to do a face to face interview where I was greeted by a panel of employees who barraged me with situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as a team? Our products are high in price, can you sell other than price?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OTIS (Florence, SC).

Interview

They flew me out for their superday. It was a group of about 10 to 15 of us seeking multiple positions. We spent an hour doing a walk throught of the company. Then we broke up to separate tables for a round of 3 interviews. 2 with the engineer of your related field and 1 with HR.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions such as tell us a time where you worked well in a team, a time where it did not work well, where do you see yourself 5 years from now, what brought you to the company.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

2 PM Positions. One for Asia. One for Europe. Both for Dynamics CRM. 3 interviewers. One for each PM and one that represents Governance. Otis is under a reorg. This position has been listed for quite some time. They are not sure what they want. CRM expert at PM price.

Interview Questions

• What is you experience with Global CRM implementations.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

Scheduled interviewers changed twice before the interview started. No behavioral questions. Basically just asked me which roles I'm interested and then tried hard to explain to me how I don't fit the role.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OTIS in April 2014.

Interview

Was called by Hiring Manager who conducted a phone interview. It went well and I felt confident I would get a call back. Was contacted by HR to travel to Florence for a face to face.

Arrived in Florence and checked in. Was informed by the person that greeted me that the Engineering Manager, the person that was scheduled to start the interview was not on site. Conducted a one on one interview with the person that greeted me. It was followed up by two group interviews. Was given a tour of the production area and test site.
    I was then informed that the HR representative that was scheduled to interview me was on vacation.
    All and all the content of the interviews seemed to go fairly well with the exception of one of the interviewers who seemed to ask irrelevant questions like questioning my longevity at current company which is approximately 9 years?? Also, he didn't seem to be able to understand what I was describing technically. The other interviewer seemed to be annoyed with him.
    The interview was conducted on a Monday or Tuesday, I can't remember exactly. By Friday I received a form email that I would not be selected.

I submitted my expenses for the trip. It took approximately 6 weeks to get reimbursed from an extremely unprofessional HR department.
    On a side note, that interview was about 3 months ago and the position is still open. I think they are very confused at the Florence location.

Interview Questions

• Question related to my tenor at other companies. Seemed strange since I have been at current company 9 years.   Answer Question

Field Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OTIS (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had previous work experience so the interview process was fairly easy... I met with the operations manager first for lunch... Then met with his staff of supervisors, and after this process you will meet with the branch manager. Once hired, you will meet the regional operations manager and he will give you all the training you will need.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle union workers   1 Answer