OTIS Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OTIS Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at OTIS

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR for a phone interview. After a successful interview, I was scheduled for an onsite interview at an organization's career fair where they had their own UTC booth. I was also invited to an UTC reception prior to the interview where I met other UTC representatives. After that initial conversation, the real interview was basically a quick talk and 'catch-up'.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a difficult situation. How did you deal with it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • What could you bring to UTC and Otis?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OTIS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OTIS (Kansas City, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was informal and light hearted. It has basically a sessions to find out more about you and see if you fit the company. There are some simple questions about past experience, willingness to travel, and if I have any questions about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough, full day of interviews with heads of various groups looking for engineers, each team member asked personal and technical questions pertinent to the type of work required in their group. I interviewed as a mechanical/electrical/software engineer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Otis?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OTIS (State College, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Just one interview, no technical questions. Just asked your interest and described the job. Talked with Otis employee at the university career fair before. Received the phone interview two months later.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Bloomfield, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

SEP2015- Emailed HR Manager w/ Resume (Received automatic email stating person was on vacation for a few months)
    DEC2015- Followed up with another email to HR Manager.
    JAN2016- Received an response from HR manager & was told ENGR Co-Op was filled. Told me to apply to 2 other Customer Service Rep Co-Ops. (I was told they prefer engineering students)
    MARCH2016- Email from HR Manager to schedule an interview with two different managers for 2 different CS positions.
    MARCH2016- Was told both managers wanted me for each position & was asked which one do I want to work for. I chose a manager BUT I was told ENGR position opened back up & I could hold off on the position if the ENGR Managers were interested in my resume.
    MARCH2016- HR Manager said they were interested and my interview was 2 days later.
    MARCH2016- Interviewed with a panel of 5 ENGRs that I would be working with in the future. I was told they were having 5 other interviews plus my predecessor who was now a full time ENGR. Interview lasted for about 30 minutes I was taken on a tour of the facility asked for everyone business cards & was told a decision would be made the next week.
    MARCH2016- The following week received an email from HR manager saying I got the ENGR position.
    MARCH2016- Received offer letter & documents forms to do drug testing and background checks.
    April- Cleared all testing and checks.
    MAY2016- Start Date.

(All March events happened within a 2 week span)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. UTC's intern hourly rates for ENGRs go by year in school. (ex: Sophomore, Junior, Senior)

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shunyi (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OTIS (Shunyi (China)) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome? How do you feel about touching peoples faces? How would you sell me a Macys credit card? How would you make customers come back to you? How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?   Answer Question