OTIS Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OTIS Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at OTIS

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

It started with them recruiting on our campus and doing their first round on campus. It was pretty similar to most interviews, basic questions and asking about your resume.

Then I was flown to East Hartford, CT for the final round where I had three rounds that were 30 minutes each. I was put in a room with two people for each segment and it was full of questions about myself, experiences, and why I chose Otis.

Overall if your good with talking to people and very interested in the company it isn't difficult.

Interview Questions

• Say that you had to tell a client that their elevator was going to be installed 2 weeks late and they became upset and began to doubt the company, what would you say to the customer in that situation?

I focused on the customer and his concerns since the company focus is safety and customer service. I answered it to the best of my ability and he said that's how he would go about it also.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OTIS

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview, and flown out to LA for a day for a panel interview. In LA I had three separate 1/2 hour interviews with different HR staff. I had to give a presentation that involved pitching a US cellphone provider of my choice. Everyone was pretty pleasant and positive throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OTIS (Lombard, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 different people (3 groups of 2 members) and a 5 minute presentation at the end. Each group asked different types of questions that varied from more personal to scenario questions. Everyone was very nice and answered all questions I had.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS in February 2018.

Interview

Applied thru a recruiter at school. Went to a set of interviews the next day with 4 interviewers. It was pretty lax and all they asked was behavioral questions. 2 weeks later they told me I'm chosen to go to superday, which is a 5 interview intensive day plus a 5 minute presentation at the end that you have to prepare. Keep it light and simple, it just needs to show your personality and how you present. Does not need to be technical. Just make sure it's not boring.

Superday wasn't as bad as it sounds. It started out with a current sales rep that was in our position before that came to talk to us and we could ask him any questions we want without the interviews being present. Then the 5 interviews with 2 people per interview starts and it ends around lunch time. The interviews were pretty standard and mostly behavioral with mayyyybee a question or two about sales and how you would handle a certain scenario (such as selling an elevator). Most questions repeat on every interview so by the time you reach the 5th interview it feels like you're just repeating yourself over and over. Other than that, everyone is super nice and try to make you feel relaxed. There will be some interviewers who will try the good-cop & bad-cop routine but the trick is to remain unphased and answer the questions as you normally would.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS in February 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 executives after college career fair. Was then invited to interview with local General Manager. Interview was casual really just to see if it was a good fit. An offer was then extended. The whole process took about a month and a half.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OTIS (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy in person interview. All behavioral questions. They want to know why you want to work in sales and how have you developed your sales approach.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OTIS in April 2011.

Interview

Had to show you wanted interview, before you recieved call for interview.