OTIS Service Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OTIS Service Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at OTIS

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

College Graduate Interviews are very intense including at least one "Super Day" in which you interview with all managers within a region and also complete a presentation to all interviewers and interviewees. Other interviews include phone, in-person, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle ____? Fill in with miscellaneous sales situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OTIS

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Met Otis at a University career fair, and based on my resume set up an on-campus interview with HR manager. It was a very positive interview and she answered several questions that I had about the position. The following week I received an e-mail invitation to a super day (little over a half day) interview with multiple managers from around the region. I was also asked to prepare a presentation to present to the interviewers and other candidates attending the super day.

The interviews were set up so each group of managers together (2 per room, 5 rooms total) had either a hard-to-crack vibe or overtly friendly vibe. Specific questions were asked by HR manager about classes, etc. and I'm pretty sure she compared my answers to my transcripts I had turned in. A couple of managers were pretty tense and asked a lot of personal questions (ie. how was your education financed, why would you want to move to x city, why are you not relocatable, is it a relationship, etc.) and I am certain being able to handle these and remain poised is part of what got me an offer.

After the conversations, all of the 6 candidates in attendance gave their presentations. Topic was our choice, the purpose of this section is to demonstrate your ability to give a presentation in a professional setting.

The week after this I got a call from a manager extending the offer for me to come ride along with a current sales rep for a day to see what the position is like. The managers asked me to call/email follow up the following day to recap my experience and what my thoughts were about moving forward for the process. I expressed excitement and they called and offered me the position a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• How was your education financed? Which summer school classes did you take? Why didn't you have an internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate offer as it was very good for a fresh college grad. I have heard others were able to negotiate a higher salary. A relocation and signing bonus were both offered in the initial package.

Service Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

Recruited on campus. The interview was very conversational. Standard behavior questions, but mostly wanted to get to know me as a person to see if I would be a fit.

Service Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

I got recruited at a school career fair. The initial interview was done a day later on campus and was very standard format. The next step is an interview out of state at corporate office in dallas texas. You go through several interviews back to back speaking with two employees at once. Some of the interviews were stylized like a good cop bad cop scenario. They rapid fire questions to see how you can handle pressure.

Interview Questions

• really surprised by some personal questions such as tell me about your family and siblings relationship. i was thrown off guard and did not see how that was professional or appropriate. one thing they definitely hammered on was why do you want to work for otis and really didnt try and sell us company at all in interviewing process   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

The two people that interviewed me where very pleasant. They provided me with the information that i needed even before i asked them. I sat down with one of the CSR to listens to calls l.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OTIS (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Emotional roller-coaster. 4 panels: 2 "good cop" normal, nice people, 2 "bad cop" extremely tough, bully-like, try to tear you down emotionally. At the end of the four panels you are required to give a 4 minute presentation. Dont go over time, someone in the back of the room will literally stand up and interrupt you and tell you to stop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you deserve this position over the other people here today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I got a call from my Human resource to set up an interview. They called to do a face to face interview where I was greeted by a panel of employees who barraged me with situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as a team? Our products are high in price, can you sell other than price?   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews prior to extension of offer.
    Last round of interviews was multiple interviews in one day with many different people.
    Normal interview questions, some behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• "Sell Me this item" scenario that was requested during interview. On the spot "selling scenario".   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negoatiation prior to offer letter being extended.

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Adelaide (Australia)) in November 2012.

Interview

The recruitment phase is the longest most drawn out process I have ever come across.

All up from the very first phone interview until receiving an offer took an entire month (this doesn't include the time from applying until when I got the callback) and that's with myself calling them chasing up asking "have Otis made a decision?" numerous times. That's three phone interviews, an online American personally test aimed at identifying your areas of selling reluctances called "SPQ Gold Assessment" and a face to face interview with a panel of management conducting the interview.

I applied online via a popular job search website. Within two weeks I had my first phone interview; a very basic and standard phone interview from HR. then came the face to face panel interview where I was required to fill out an Internal Otis Elevator HR Employment Application form document which was basically handwriting/re-writing out your entire resume again from memory only also asking all your schooling dates too including when you completed highschool which for me was some time ago! (tip; bring a copy or have it saved on your smartphone)

After the face to face interview with local managers, The next week I received a link via email to complete an online "SPQ Gold Assessment" which takes about an hour to complete at home. The following week after doing the online assessment I had a phone interview with the National Sales Manager. Then yet another week later I had a phone interview with the Director.
    Still another week went and I was verbally offered te position and asked to come into the office to review the offer and sign it in person (they don't email or post them out to you).

Interview Questions

• How would you manage your schedule to ensure you are not only meeting but are exceeding your KPIs targets consistently?

Describe a situation when you have had to resolve a serious customer complaint. Did you inform your the supervisor of the event? If so, at what stage of the complaint process did you let your supervisor know there is/was a problem?

What's your current sales conversion rate? (Sales quotes submitted to client order received)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was discussed twice; during the face to face interview with a panel of local managers asking what price range I would be looking to get.

The again by the National Sales Manager during the phone interview who then told me what price/package range Otis were Offering me.

Was given choice of (1) a fully maintained Company car with company Fuel Card
    (2) fixed sum Car allowance which includes your fuel costs (no additional fuel card if you take the allowance)