OU Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OU Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Emergency Department Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Went into interview with current employees and Er Charge RN. They ask questions and kinda break the ice. They said that I smiled a lot and they needed to have someone in the department that was full of energy. I told them I'm willing to learn and I catch on quickly. I'm a people person who loves to help. I got a call the following week with a job offer.

Nurse Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule an interview after applying online. Interviewed in person with both nurse managers on the unit for a little under and hour, then did a short peer interview. They called me 3 days after to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Using your understanding of HIPAA, what can and can't you share, and with whom?   Answer Question
    • If you had a patient that wanted you to stay with them, but you were too busy, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Informatics (Nurse) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

Professional. Too many strange trick questions. Not as concerned with skills or that I was laid off and trying to get back in to keep my benefits. I don't know what happened to the days you could walk in off the street and get hired. Life was so much simpler then.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

There was a panel-peer interview process with 4 experienced nurses (no nurse managers or supervisors, only peers). Each nurse has a list of senario-based questions prepared. The peer nurses are the ones who ultimately decided on the hiring. The environment was very laid back, but it's always intimidating to have a group a experienced nurses testing you based on the knowledge of your responses. Overall, it was a great learning experience. The night before the interview, I googled "nurse peer interview questions" and wrote down my answers based on on-the-job experience (or clinical experience if you're a new grad). Although the question aren't exactly what you may be asked in your interview, it was very helpful, and I felt prepared.

RN Trauma Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

Process was painless. Just about everything is by email and confirmed that way. Very explanatory. Background history. Timeliness, attendance., participating in meetings and staying involved. Flexible with scheduling

Interview Questions

• How well you get along with others   1 Answer

Negotiation

My negotiations were specific to the position. Salary was posted on their site.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OU Medical Center in August 2014.

Interview

The peer review interview is DEAD people....please move into the 21st Century. This is meaningless and a waste of time...many a good employee is lost because of the peer review .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

acceptable

Pharmacy Intern Interview

Interview

Took about 3 weeks. Applied online and 1 week later, I got an phone call about an interview. Then 1 week later was offered the position

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of this positon? Will you be satisfied enough to stay long-term   Answer Question

RN - Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview-
    Signed into interview process in order of arrival. Hung out with the rest of candidates in the main room until interview. Called into room with manager and day time supervisor. Interview lasted about 10 minutes & was laid back.

Peer interview-
    Sat in from of a panel of 4 nurses. Asked behavioral questions and questions about my resume. Nurses were fun and joked about the differences between units.

Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

Meet with individual unit manager first then meet with a group of the current staff. It was very brief and they wrote out my responses to go over later. I noticed they really weren't about conversation. They would ask a scripted question off the paper, I responded, they made notes, and then continued to the next question. No back and forth whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I honestly didn't try to negotiate. I kind of wish I had the starting pay was very underwhelming.

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Edmond, OK) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, 1:1 interview, skills test, another phone interview with Dallas, group interview, background check, drug screen, job offer