OU Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OU Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at OU Medical Center.

Interview

Called in after submitting resume to director. Interviewed one on one. Senior staff member joined in latter part of interview peocess. Typical interview questions - team fit played significant role.

Emergency Department Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Went into interview with current employees and Er Charge RN. They ask questions and kinda break the ice. They said that I smiled a lot and they needed to have someone in the department that was full of energy. I told them I'm willing to learn and I catch on quickly. I'm a people person who loves to help. I got a call the following week with a job offer.

Nurse Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule an interview after applying online. Interviewed in person with both nurse managers on the unit for a little under and hour, then did a short peer interview. They called me 3 days after to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Using your understanding of HIPAA, what can and can't you share, and with whom?   Answer Question
    • If you had a patient that wanted you to stay with them, but you were too busy, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Informatics (Nurse) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

Professional. Too many strange trick questions. Not as concerned with skills or that I was laid off and trying to get back in to keep my benefits. I don't know what happened to the days you could walk in off the street and get hired. Life was so much simpler then.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

I was peer interviewed by 3 employees. They all had a rubric to follow and took turns asking me questions . Peer interviews are alot less intimidating than management interviews. We ended up laughing a few times. It was very chill.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

There was a panel-peer interview process with 4 experienced nurses (no nurse managers or supervisors, only peers). Each nurse has a list of senario-based questions prepared. The peer nurses are the ones who ultimately decided on the hiring. The environment was very laid back, but it's always intimidating to have a group a experienced nurses testing you based on the knowledge of your responses. Overall, it was a great learning experience. The night before the interview, I googled "nurse peer interview questions" and wrote down my answers based on on-the-job experience (or clinical experience if you're a new grad). Although the question aren't exactly what you may be asked in your interview, it was very helpful, and I felt prepared.

RN Trauma Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

Process was painless. Just about everything is by email and confirmed that way. Very explanatory. Background history. Timeliness, attendance., participating in meetings and staying involved. Flexible with scheduling

Interview Questions

• How well you get along with others   1 Answer

Negotiation

My negotiations were specific to the position. Salary was posted on their site.

Student Nurse Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OU Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

It was really simple. There is a survey online that comes after you finish your application online. The questions they ask in your interview is computer generated and picked depending on how you answered the survey online. I interviewed with 3 different people in the same room. One was another nurse technician working on the floor, the nurse manager, and the director of the unit. They took turns asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• It was basic interview questions:

How to take a blood pressure

Normal blood pressure Levels

What are your short term and long term goals

Tell them about yourself

Some ethical/situational questions

How would you deal with a situation when you hear another nurse talk about their patient with another nurse on a different unit?

Difficult situation and how you resolved it

How you deal with stress

Weakness and strengths   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OU Medical Center in August 2014.

Interview

The peer review interview is DEAD people....please move into the 21st Century. This is meaningless and a waste of time...many a good employee is lost because of the peer review .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

acceptable

Pharmacy Intern Interview

Interview

Took about 3 weeks. Applied online and 1 week later, I got an phone call about an interview. Then 1 week later was offered the position

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of this positon? Will you be satisfied enough to stay long-term   Answer Question