OXO Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OXO Engineering Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OXO (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Basic interview. First over the phone a couple of times - w/ HR, then Hiring Manager....
Next was a person to person interview with the Hiring Manager & Professional Peer.
Asked about previous experiences, problem solving, etc... nothing out of the ordinary or challenging.

Interview Questions

Offer was nice, but paid too little for me to move and live in NYC.

Other Interview Reviews for OXO

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OXO.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews (1 with HR and 1 with the engineering manager) they asked me to come to New York on my own dime (always a red flag). When I arrived, I thought the offices were really nice and clean, but it had a standoffish vibe. Although they advertised for an entry level position, they wanted someone with 2-4 years of experience (I had 2 years at the time). My interviewer only set aside 15 minutes for our interview. Somehow in that 15 minutes I was told the pay was in the low 50s (this is a couple standard deviations below the mean for a degreed engineer with experience in New York).

They gave me a pretty detailed assignment by email and a couple of weeks to complete it. I heard nothing from them for about 3 weeks after I submitted, and the manager finally wrote back to my emails to let me know they were no longer hiring for the position.

A few lessons I've learned from this interview experience:
    1. Be cautious about interviewing with companies that don't pay travel expenses.
    2. Be cautious about interviewing with companies that only set aside 15 minutes for an in-person interview.
    3. Do not participate in assignments that require a suspicious level of completeness. Every 4-6 months, I see the position that I applied for advertised on various job boards, which indicates that they either have a problem with turnover or a solution for getting free work done by applicants.