Oakland Unified School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oakland Unified School District Interview Questions

2.0

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA).

Interview

First there was a lesson sample in a group and a bunch of review questions about the lesson with one individual interviewer. Like many teaching interviews, they are much more concerned with your review of your lesson than the actual lesson itself. Later there were a few questions with the spec. ed. coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Do you think all students can succeed at high levels?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a simple interview, mostly meeting the principal after submitting my resume on Edjoin. It is important to be trained in Balanced Literacy and prepared to meet the needs of an inner-city classroom socially and emotionally. Important to understand that you will be a leader in multiple capacities.

Interview Questions

• Do you know balanced literacy?

Do you feel like you are able to work with children with behavioral issues?

Are you willing to undergo training?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, fixed public salary based on your experience/ credentials.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District in August 2013.

Interview

I wasn't directly hired through OUSD. Teach For America hired me, then placed me in Oakland. I got a call from a new principal and he hired me over the phone! Very simple. Very direct. Very desperate.

Negotiation

Nope

School Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District.

Interview

Application is via edjoin. If you are selected you go through a phone screening or 3 references. The Principal or regional manager (if you are applying for a Principal job), interviews you. If you are selected, HR will get the recommendation. Once that happens HR will further check your credentials, and other paperwork....fingerprints, degrees, etc. Each interview is different, due to different sites, but the process is the same.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. You most likely will be asked how to use data to improve schools, parent/community engagement, discipline , philosophy of education   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are place on a salary scale

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I felt informed throughout the process. Each step of the interview was explained and the interviewers were warm and welcoming. The first step was a phone screening that focused mainly on behavioral questions. The second step was an in-person interview that focused more on technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Give some examples of how you have used data in the past to answer questions or solve problems.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Brief interview then waited four weeks to get hired. I took a box of donuts in and the finished the process the same day. This is in spite of the fact they had an open position waiting for me.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was a part of a program, Teach Tomorrow in Oakland, that specialized in bringing qualified people of color to teach in the Oakland School District. We went to an event that was, essentially, an interview fair.

Service Team Assistant - Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

They employ a very unfair method of interviewing. Usually already having someone else in mind, they continue with interview asking the same questions each time. You will get asked basic questions but you most likely will not get picked for a job thanks to the terrible office politics.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with Oakland Unified School District?   1 Answer