Oakland Unified School District Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oakland Unified School District

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

The principal and his interview panel make the interview process much more enjoyable and conversational than most interviews I've had before. I can tell the principal gets along really well with the teachers and other staff. The school is a continuation school so I don't believe you. should apply unless you have experience dealing with many students who have domestic issues.

Interview Questions
  • One thing they asked was what you would do if your technology wasn't working.
    1 Answer

Oakland Unified School District

Application

I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and professional. There were three other school counselors from the site for the interview, and they asked relevant questions. They contacted me fairly soon thereafter.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oakland Unified School District

Application

I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District

Interview

Traditional Job Interview. Office style Interview Officer invite's you in allow you to have a seat talk over the some personal aspects. and than the do and don'ts of the JOB. YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS SHAKE HANDS THE RST IS UP TO YOU

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA) in Jun 2019

Interview

With a 9 person panel that scored answers to specific questions on a rubric. They contacted me within two days to tell me that they hired a different candidate but enjoyed meeting me.

Interview Questions
  • What will you do if a student is being disruptive to the entire classroom? What are the steps you will take?

Oakland Unified School District

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District in May 2019

Interview

The interview was in person and very pleasant. Met with a few representatives from the site I was applying to and went through a list of questions that was given to me. I was allowed a few moments to review the questions and think of answers before they went down the line asking them. Was in and out in less than 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • How does your experience in your prior position influence your decision to pursue this position?

Oakland Unified School District

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District

Interview

Half hour in-person interview with a panel of 4 people. Showed up and they were running behind so I sat waiting for almost half an hour. I was asked very few questions, but to be fair interviews for government jobs (especially union positions) have much different processes and requirements for hiring. Withdrew from the process before it progressed.

Interview Questions
  • Interestingly, I was asked just ONE question to test my technical expertise during an interview for a highly technical role in the technology department. The rest were generic interview questions about dealing with difficult high pressure situations, interacting with peers, why I want to work there, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA)

Interview

Had a weird interview where not many questions were asked, so I figured they'd already selected a candidate and went through with my interview anyways. A couple days later, they told me they had, so I thanked them and moved on, only to see the job reposted a couple days later. Ouch.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to violent behavior from a student?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA) in May 2017

Interview

A telephone interview leads to an in-person interview, which leads to a sample class and a follow-up interview. That process is pretty standard for getting a teaching gig. I had experience working with elementary school age students, so it was not that big of a deal to prepare. I was also interviewing the Principal. Teaching any art requires administrative support and music is a place where students can really act up. Without a realistic conversation about how the school handles discipline issues, it is pointless to take a job in OUSD, as the behavior issues with over shadow any hopes you may have of creating a successful program. Too often, the schools and principals neglect to back up the enrichment teachers, which leads to so many problems and stress. I did not find that the schools I was interviewed in were being realistic about classroom management and school culture.

Interview Questions
  • How do you create classroom culture? This is the type of question in which the administration is trying to ascertain that yu can handle a classroom of up to 34 Oakland children. The are trying to find out how you handle classroom expectations and protocols. This is a difficult thing to answer because even though you may say all the right things, the administration knows what you can really expect and does not willfully inform you of the realities a prep teacher will face. The questions keep coming about 'culturally appropriate' teaching and lowering your expectations, while at the same time they are trying to sell you and taking the job because they are desperate and there are not too many competent prospects.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA)

Interview

First there was a lesson sample in a group and a bunch of review questions about the lesson with one individual interviewer. Like many teaching interviews, they are much more concerned with your review of your lesson than the actual lesson itself. Later there were a few questions with the spec. ed. coordinator.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think all students can succeed at high levels?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Oakland Unified School District (Oakland, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

It was a simple interview, mostly meeting the principal after submitting my resume on Edjoin. It is important to be trained in Balanced Literacy and prepared to meet the needs of an inner-city classroom socially and emotionally. Important to understand that you will be a leader in multiple capacities.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know balanced literacy? Do you feel like you are able to work with children with behavioral issues? Are you willing to undergo training?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews