Oakton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.7

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oakton (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Interview process sucks. I thought it would be better not to disclose the process. Any way will get the experience at oakton. So finally interview is so easy to cracking. U will get only basic questions , because maximum number of people does not the basics at all

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There will be no negotiations at all becoz they will say that, providing lunch..... Etc.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oakton (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

initially will have 1st level screening from resentment
    below are the interview Stages
    Technical Interview
    2nd level technical interview
    manager level interview
    Onsite interview if applicable
    If every thing goes well you will have an HR discussion

Interview Questions

Negotiation

we can consider the offer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oakton (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is good but bit delay, it will start from resume screening and interview one to one (5 technical). They was asked about the technical, verbal and communication skills.

Digital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakton (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Used seek.com.au to find the job
    2. I included a CV and a cover letter
    3. I got a call to set an interview
    4. Did the relevant due diligence (Company, Market, Managers, and Clients), I wish I would have known about glassdoor.com.au at the time, it could have given me a clearer and real perspective to set expectations.

interviews:
    1. Manager (who didn't show up) so replaced by another consultant
    2. Manager
    3. Manager + Another consultant

The entire process took 10 days.

Interview Questions

• All based on experience that could be replicated in the job, relevant technologies, and personal apporach   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and inflexible

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

will have first round of technical interview with the tecnical leads, second round will be taken by managers. Both the rounds will be primarily based on the technical capabilities. If the candidate is strong or moderate in those areas. He will be sent for review to Human Resource department.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oakton (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

there were 4 rounds of interview
    1)written test
    ask some aptitude english basics
    2)technical F2F with
    core concepts and basics of all topics
    3)Manager Round F2F
    checked communication skills, and they are monitoring how confident are you
    4)Onsite maneger interview
    confidence levels and English fluency

Interview Questions

• core java basics,
      advanced java basics,
      project details
      jdbc concepts
      database concepts   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oakton (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially I was called for Interview as Unix administrator but later they have changed it to scripting. And Interview went on and I have got selected and got done with all my formalities and I was sent on floor. To my amazement There is no Unix in picture. No Unix in distant future also. its just another Offshore cheap labour job.. i.e Process Oriented Job just like a non voice support . There will be some fixed steps to complete your job. Thats it no future... with this exp..

Interview Questions

• They were only checking if you can read a program or not   Answer Question

Because the interview call was for one thing and the job profile is entirely different

All Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oakton (Canberra (Australia)).

Interview

look good, be nice, say the right thing, or not, doesn't matter. What matters is to be able to smooth-talk the interviewer. And if he/she got you the interview, then you're through. Don't worry about your actual skills and experience, nobody will be able to question you.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to be paid?   1 Answer

Negotiation

inexistent

Business Analyst - User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakton (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had a brief phone interview, then a F2F interview. Wrote them a follow up email afterwards, but didn't hear about that application ever again. About a month later I got a call from the hiring person, asking me if they could send my details to someone else within the company about another position. That was the last time I heard from them.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I had a deadline but there was too much work than I could do in that time.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakton (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2013.

Interview

1 technical round, 1 cultural fit round
    They explained the role well, explained the company well, and focused on understanding, behavioural and definition questions.
    at the end of the second round they took me around the office to show me around.
    They are after driven individuals with a high level of technical understanding

The interview was quicker then most other consultancies.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about Oakton   1 Answer