Oaktree Capital Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oaktree Capital Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oaktree Capital (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process to arrive at an interview took about four weeks in total. The interview was extremely well-organized and happened over several rounds in one day. Each round was conducted by one to two employees of varying levels of seniority. The format gave me the impression that an offer would be contingent upon a unanimous "yes", or popular vote at the very least. This made it very nerve racking. The questions were characteristic of a typical interview, but there was a direct and somewhat sterile quality that lacked warmth. I noticed that it never felt like a natural conversation. It was a Q&A session from beginning to end. Everyone was polite and seemed very nice, although I did not notice the would-be report-to smile even once. There were a few instances where I was nervous and caught myself giving vague, people-pleaser answers. I was definitely most comfortable while interviewing with the more junior members who were newer to the company. They seemed to have a more genuine interest in me. I can usually get a read on people and their reactions quite well, but I left feeling like I was in the gray. I do consider this a positive experience because I took away a valuable lesson: it's better to take a risk in being yourself than to play it safe by mirroring a perceived standard.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oaktree Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oaktree Capital (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

To sum it up, the interview process was more of a test of endurance!!! It was extremely long and tedious consisting of 7 interviews and 3 assessment skills tests. I had to interview with pretty much the entire HR department. The 1st round was a one-on-one interview, the 2nd round was with 4 people, and the 3rd round was with 7 people, each coming in groups of two. The process took around 3 hours as they pretty much asked the same standard interview questions. I was told the entire team had to unanimously agree on the "perfect candidate." It was INTERVIEW OVERKILL and if i knew what I was getting myself into beforehand, I would've never applied in the first place especially considering it was only for an assistant position!!!

Interview Questions

• What is a common misconception other people have about you?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oaktree Capital in January 2008.

Interview

The interview was held with a panel of people. Basic questions were asked, such as tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses. The interviewers were interested in hearing my real work experiences and how I related examples to the questions that were asked of me. All interviewers were very professional and polite. It was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for more vacation time than the standard two weeks. I've heard that others have been able to negotiate an additional week.