Oakwood Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oakwood Healthcare Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare (Dearborn, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

It was nice till they wanted to hire me and told me I had only 30 to 60 minutes to decide if I want the job.
    I like the nurses I met with, they were nice and told me everything I needed to know about the job. I waited sometime to hear anything back but they want any answer like yesterday when they called me.

Overall it was okay.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer

Because they told me I need to make decision so quickly and I had other interviews I had to go to that week.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare (Dearborn, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three people. The first interview was with one tech and the pharmacy manager. If you get called for a second interview with HR more than likely you have the job! I was offered the position had schedule written for me and pasted my drug testing and everything. My background check came back afterwards and they withdrew the position after I had quit my job for a petty misdemeanor. Overall good and easy experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare (Dearborn, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Seems very strange the way they handle you when you arrive to the interview site. The recruiters seem very nice. very thorough in conversation. very good at digging to get the answer they are looking for which can be good/bad (unknown)

Interview Questions

• history of bad things/good things happening   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare (Dearborn, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy. Informative. Very fast. The recruiter offered me far below a competitive market wage for Registered Nurse ICU. I have many years of experience in the ICU and would be an asset to their system. The nurse recruiter also became offended when I tried to negotiate for more money and told me I wouldn't get more anywhere else. She could not have been more wrong. I received another offer of $6.00 more hourly (before shift differential kicks) somewhere else and I accepted that position. I only asked her for a couple dollars more per hour, but no dice. I last earned what the recruiter offered me seven years ago. I also have interviewed for jobs at several other healthcare systems and can confidently say that Oakwood/Beaumont is the lowest paid....by a lot. I have a feeling that Oakwood/Beaumont is probably filled with bedside RNs who have little to no experience due to the low wages. I feel sorry for the patients, because an experienced nurse is an asset to any organization both for mentoring newer nurses and in patient care. The recruiter told me I should be grateful to be a part of their organization and not surprisingly I was not offered any further interviews due to what I believe was due to me trying to negotiate a competitive wage. My references are excellent, so I know it wasn't the background check(but I don't think it ever reached that point). Her attitude was "yes we low-balled you, but you should be grateful to have a job because I have 700 other applicants who want to work here." On the way out, the recruiter told me to check online regarding the status of my application. Haha, that is code for "you are rejected."

I am comfortably employed and while Oakwood has many other decent attributes and benefits(not the best, but not the worst, I need a fair wage to live on. I feel like I dodged a bullet and am happy to be an RN that does not have to grovel and accept less than I am worth. I'm looking forward to earning $6.00 more hourly somewhere else. I would bet money that the nurses who say that Oakwood/Beaumont pays well have less than five years experience. My new job includes full benefits and time off similar to Oakwood. I start next week. This is Oakwood's loss. I'm positive that many other experienced nurses besides myself with ten plus years have rejected their offer of peanuts for a salary. Oakwood/Beaumont: invest in your nurses and they will invest in you which will lead to less employee turnover which in turn will lower the cost of training all these new grads and inexperienced nurses.

I have learned (the hard way) that employers who are willing to take advantage of good employees financially are willing to take advantage in other ways, i.e. "expand" your job description unofficially or expect you to help out dead weight co-workers sans reward. Skilled employees who benefit their employers have to stand up for themselves and discard the idea that their employer is doing THEM a favor by offering them a job. Healthcare jobs are a dime a dozen. We have a choice of where to work. This is a case where there are too many administrators which has become a problem in nursing. Eliminate some of these useless administrative positions and pay the people who are the building blocks of the hospital more.

Paying less than a competitive wage is a red flag for a lack of professionalism in my book. Oakwood can say it's not all about the money, but isn't money why we all seek jobs.?

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult experience on the job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare.

Interview

Quick and short some times peer interview. From other transporters to just see if you fit in the team or even if they like you pretty much. Not to bad though. You will either be taken to a small office or possibly the cafeteria. Either way it will be a SEMI private area. My best bet for you prob will be the Cafeteria or possibly what they call an Atrium

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare.

Interview

Submitted application online and then was called a few weeks later for an interview with her. Once I interviewed with recruiter I had to wait for a call to interview with the manager of the department. I gave up because I didn't hear. Whole process is taking a long time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

I applied online, then called a nursing recruiter. During our phone conversation she set me up with an interview. Two days later I had my first interview and was scheduled for my second interview that day. During my second interview with the unit manager I completed my peer review interview. By the time I got home I had a job offer on my voicemail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay was higher than expected and they asked me what shift and days I would prefer.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

The entire process was efficient and quick. Everyone was delightful. I almost forgot that I was interviewing. I felt completely at home. I filled out an application and submitted my resume on their website in the morning. I called recruiting in the afternoon. They pulled up my resume and scheduled an interview for that week. My second interview was only three days later. I was hired that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• All questions were asking for you to give an example . What is your five year plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt like a queen. The original position offered was the opposite shift that I preferred so the manager asked the staff if anyone would be willing to switch. She called me that afternoon and not only offered me more money than I was expecting, but the shift I wanted as well.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare.

Interview

Submit application online with option to upload resume. Interview with management and then interview with peers. Most interview questions were fairly common ones. Within 2 weeks they will call with offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare.

Interview

I applied online at Indeed.com and within a day I received a call from the department hiring manager. I had my interview with her and by the end of week one, I received a call from the HR department. The HR interview was your typical interview to see if you['d be a good fit for the company... no tricky questions. It's always good to be prepared for the "Strength/Weaknesses" question. After my HR interview, I hear back on Monday of the third week. It was a very fast interview process and I'm very happy to get started with this company.

Interview Questions

• If you made a mistake, how would you go about fixing it?   Answer Question