Oatey Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

Oatey Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oatey (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Disorganized - met with multiple people over the course of several hours. They kept me there much longer than anticipated due to their own disorganization. Didn't arrange for reimbursement for travel expenses even though I was traveling 200 miles one way to interview. The people were very nice, but the HR rep didn't seem very organized or interested in making a good impression.

Human Resource Senior Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oatey (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I went in to meet with a few leaders. Next I proceeded with a larger team and additional HR staff. My final was a group lunch with the HR staff and VP of Ops. I found the process very organized and professional. Recruiter was very passionate, informative and kept in touch with me every step of the process. You usually just wait around but this one is really good at what she does.

Interview Questions

• Oatey looks for a cultural fit which I respect. I found all interviewees to be knowledgeable about the job and extremely pleasant to deal with. The recruiter used a behavior based interviewing approach throughout the process.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? What was my process in conducting investigations.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oatey (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

At the beginning there was a phone interview. The office staff asked many questions in a short time and kept the question vague. It sounds like they are too busy to interview properly. They would not ask if I knew specific items like multi-line phones, certain mail equipment, etc. During the in-person interview, some of the staff were friendly while others seemed like they rather be anywhere else but there.

Technical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oatey (Cleveland, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview, but the recruiter / H.R. rep was ill-spoken and sounded confused on the message. Through my own resources, I tracked down the H.R. department and followed up. They asked for (another) copy of my resume, and salary requirements. From there I was contacted for a phone interview by their H.R. rep. The actual questions were the basic pre-screening, but a heavy focus on smoking and drug use per their new policies. After a series of leading questions, I was invited to an initial group interview with C.S. super, Director, and H.R. - basic open ended questions and introductions.

After this interview they pulled me aside, and spoke more frankly stating that they were screening to be sure they weren't hiring "a drama queen". After assuring him I was emotionally and professionally stable, I was invited to a third interview meeting a series of directors and decision makers. This was conducted over a period of 4 1/2 hours in a small corporate conference room. I was then interviewed by a series of Sales Managers, product managers, directors, an attorney, and H.R. once again. All parties asked the same questions more or less - basic interview open ended questions.

I was contacted about two weeks later for another 1-1 interview with the Customer Service Manager, where most of the questions pertained to workflow and systems at my current job. Once Id advised her that most of this information was proprietary, she ended the interview. The next day H.R. called for for yet a 5th interview, being a lunch date. We all met at Oatey and drove to a local Bar (just opening up for the day) in Parma, Oh. where 3 customer service reps, their supervisor, and the director all grilled me about my current job and its systems. I cordially skated around the questions, finished lunch and parted with handshakes. On the way out to the parking lot, I asked the Director about compensation as it wasn't covered at any point in these interview. She stated that information would be made available upon an offer of employment.

This was my last communication with Oatey.

In my experience, i felt that these interviews were more fact finding or probing for tips in the implementation in how they do business. I don't use this word often, but VERY SHADY operation.

Interview Questions

• How can your experience and training help to grow our business?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer