Oberthur Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.8

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Dominguez, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Rancho Dominguez, CA).

Interview

Literally no questions. You sit in a group. They look at your resume and tell you about their extensive background test. No experience necessary. You are guaranteed the job if you pass the background test.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Dominguez, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Rancho Dominguez, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager during my first interview. Everything went well and the feedback I received from HR was positive. The hiring manager then wanted me to interview with another individual to make sure his instincts were correct. Again, everything went well and all feedback was positive.

After months of following up (much of it was initiated by me), I was told they were ready to make an offer. We discussed all the points and came to agreement on all but salary. I eventually relented and agreed to a much lower salary than a position of this nature and responsibility should receive. After that, another two weeks of no communication from the company...no returned calls, e-mails, or texts. Eventually they contacted me after I, again, reached out to them for an update. They cut the salary offered in half, reduce the annual bonus by half, and eliminate the signing bonus. In other words, bad faith negotiations

Interview Questions

• We essentially went through every position on my resume, covering the details of what happened at each. This covered both the accomplishments, as well as the reasons for leaving for each position.   1 Answer

Network Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

lots of technical question, some of them are very much in detail
    be prepare of lots network troubleshoot issue , they will give you a network issue and ask you for how to solve the when encounter the issue

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies (East Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online through recruiter, took about 4-6 weeks after applying online. Got a verbal offer - not even a professional written one. But before I could consider and decide with 24 business hours, the company retracted the offer!!!! Definitely not professional. Would never want to work for companies who don't have time for potential employees

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies in November 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with 4 different people and the entire process took about 3-4 hours. One of them told me that I would get an answer by no later than Wednesday (interview took place on Monday). I didn't know whether he meant Wednesday in the same week I had the interview or Wednesday the week after - well, it didn't really matter after all since I never got an answer from them.

I think they could have handled it better but it seems that they wouldn't be very promising to their employees either.

Interview Questions

• No surprises... typical interview questions such as "what are your strengths and weaknesses" and "tell me about yourself"   1 Answer

Tech Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Exton, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Had brief phone interview with HR. for 2nd interview was asked to come onsite and interview with the hiring manager via video conference. Interview was typical asked my expereince background and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Some technical and some on my thought process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rather simple and happened all in the same day.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies.

Interview

I applied online for Position A and was told I'd be a better fit for a higher level, better paying position. They were very anxious to bring me and I adjusted my schedule to make the several hour drive down.

The interview process was very informal and the people were decent. However, the primary supervisor I spent most of the time with spent 90% of the time talking about their operation, about what they wanted to do and gave me little opportunity to talk about myself.

After the interview, they completely shut down all communication. It took six weeks to get a simple, one line item reimbursement check. I'd hate to be their vendors.

Interview Questions

• I would have needed to be asked a question first. I asked a few myself to gauge their knowledge of the systems in place and the answers that came back were not correct.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Exton, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

i was given a brief tour of the facility. I was shown the various departments so that i understood the entire process of the products we were producing. this company used a temp service for hire and the interview was basic at the temp agency.

Interview Questions

• Since this is a production job they are conerned mostly with attendance and ability to work over time as needed   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Exton, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Horrible

Negotiation

Non-existant

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Chantilly, VA) in December 2007.

Interview

Posted my resume on Monster.com and was called by Oberthur H/R manager. After filling out application and going through H/R and interviewing with other managers, including video conference to our headquarters in LA, I was contacted to come in for a second and third interview and later called that I had gotten the position. It took about 2-weeks for this whole process. Bringing extra copies of my resume was very helpful as I spoke with many managers. Bring your own set of interview questions as you are also interviewing them to see if it would be a good fit for you. Dress professional and be sure your nails and shoes are clean. Please ask questions but don't be too loud and relax - enjoy the challenge. Take note of your surroundings as you are taken to be interviewed by other managers - are the people around you friendly? Is the office modern? Look at work environment and see if there is privacy or open cubicle concepts where the employees spend their working day. Is there a cafeteria, vending machines, convenient restrooms and don't forget to checkout parking and transportation options. I took note of this as I went from manager to manager. Also, google the company and be knowledgeable about it so you can asked informed questions. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but really sold myself short. Be sure to ask what the range is for the position. I did not and started at the lower end, which I still haven't gotten my salary to where it should be because of that error.