Ocado Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ocado Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.5

CSTM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocado (Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, Received Telephone Interview few days later. Was then offered a interview with manager. around a week later. Manager was polite enough and gave a good explanation about the job role. You need to allow sufficient time to find the manager for your interview, as the site is large and you must sign in at the security office.

Interview Questions

• A bottle of wine has broken and u have spilt red wine on a customers carpet, what do u do?   1 Answer

CSTM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ocado (Andover, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was surprised at the very short online application, they dont want much info at all for this role. The interview was very relaxed and friendly then was booked in for a driving assesment. This was the fun part as not something id done before. very relaxed instructer and easy to pass if you dont hit the van on anything. Rejected only due to better offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• You have to go up 5 flights of stairs as no lift. how do you approach this situation?   1 Answer

CSTM Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Drayton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocado (West Drayton, London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

In initially met with an Asian gentleman who held a junior managment position. Asked some very basic questions which I was not surprised about. Very robotic interview structure as read from a computer screen. Was also given opportunity to ask some questions as well which I did of course. Was invited back 2 days later to complete a driving assessment under the careful observation of a professional driving examiner. The driving test was very simple and was around 60 minutes in duration. It very simply followed a detailed route and whilst doing this performed some basic vehicle maneuvers which were similar to what would of been asked in a driving test environment. 5 days after the driving assessment was contacted by a young man (sounded about 12 on the phone) advising they had some challenges completing my CRB check. Bearing in mind I had completed a CRB check 3 months earlier for another non work related purpose and this was completed with no issues at all I found this very odd. In addition I come from a very professional background and am easily referenced. Based on my senior positions and status prior I am confident that any background checks would come back admirable. Finally considering the vast majority of the people I observed whilst at Ocado were not British I did question to myself what checks had been performed on them as no doubt extracting information from other countries is challenging and in some instances I suspect almost hopeless. So after another 3 days the same gentleman (the one that sounds about 12 ) called me once again to advise that the problem had been overcome. By now however my patience and opinion of the organization had pretty much dropped to a very low rating and hence I kindly rejected any offer and requested to be withdrawn from the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• A situation when you have gone above and beyond in a customer service enviroment   1 Answer

Retail Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocado (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online personality test and maths test followed by telephone interview and then assessment centre day which included presentation, group work and then a final individual interview after half the group got sent home.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avonmouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocado (Avonmouth, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying, they will ring you for a 5minute Phone interview. They asked questions such as " what sets you apart from the other candidates?" "What do you do at the moment?" and " why do you want to leave your current job?" If successful here, there is a face to face interview, and following that, a driving assessment and training. The face to face interview is also fairly straightforward, they are not looking to catch you out. Simple questions about yourself then a few 'What ifs..? When doing the driving assessment you will be given 20mins to get used to the van, before you will be assessed. Make sure you take the size of the van into consideration, and stick to speed limits.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ocado?   1 Answer
    • Unlike Sainsburys, Ocado will deliver shopping and take it through to the customers kitchen. If you were leaving a customers premises, and realised you had spilt red wine on their carpet, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Say you were running late and had to deliver to a flat on the fifth floor. The elevator was broken and you had a large amount of groceries to deliver. What do you think would be important to consider in this circumstance?   1 Answer

CSTM Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ocado in June 2017.

Interview

First I applied online and then got a call from them a few days later for a telephone interview. After that, they invited me to a manager interview so I had to go to the site. It was a short interview asking common questions and the manager typed the response on the computer. The response was sent to the recruitement team.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ocado (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

A full day interview, where you are asked to do a logical test first, followed by a tour and lunch. Then, a pair programming test to solve an interesting problem that is based on an uncommon data structure. This followed, by a session of cv question and a with board programming exercise.

CSTM Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ocado (Wimbledon, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and HR calls you for a phone interview. then if successful they arrange a face to face interview straight away and on the day of face to face interview, you do a quick theory test on driving (not too complicated).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its pretty simple interview, just understand the questions before you answer. Pretty calm interview and nothing too complicated.

Human Resources Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ocado (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied in 2016 November, completed the online application forms. Waited almost a month for a reply when I was asked to complete the numeracy and personal tests just before Christmas. They were rushing it, and it was such an inconvenient time because of the holiday season. Anyways, I did complete all the assessments and waited till March.

I got tired of waiting, so I emailed them , and the HR graduate lady told me that they might cancel the whole graduate programme so she will let me know if they don't so we can schedule a phone interview. She emailed me back only a month later, altough the company reopened the applications for the position a few days after my email.

Finally, we scheduled the phone interview, which was basic, no unexpected questions (just that golf balls one, but I read it here that they usually ask it so I was prepared). The interviewer was not very friendly and she seemed very unmotivated, so overall it was a negative experience.

By the looks of things, communication, planning and organisation is very poor at the HR department at Ocado. I am glad I didn't join such an unprofessional organisation. Completely lost confidence in this brand.

CSTM Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ocado (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

Heard about the job via radio advert, called the number. If I remember correctly received a phone call inviting me to an interview. Had to take driving licence and some other forms of I'd.
    A few "what if" questions, followed by a driving assessment.
    Basically if you have a heartbeat and less than 3 points I don't see how you won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were carrying a bottle of wine and it broke on a customersection carpet?   1 Answer