Ocbc Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.8

Young Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was told there will be 3-4 stages of interview depending on the department you are appying/assigned to.
    I had the video interview followed by the HR interview. Behavioural questions were asked for both stages. The HR interviewer was friendly and I would say the whole process was less than 30minutes.

Postgraduate Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

There are 3 stages of the application process:

1. Online assessment (verbal reasoning and numerical tests)
    2. Assessment Centre (group discussion, case study and presentation)
    3. Interview

Candidates with MBA background will be preferred.

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Applied through their website and received a call go for Interview at OCBC Centre @Chulia Street. Quite awkward during the interview as it was conducted in a 2 vs 2 scenario. The hiring manager/ HR and 2 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you do not achieve the set targets for a few months in a row?   Answer Question

Young Bankers Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Waited for a while before my turn. There are 3 YBP candidates including me. Managed to talk to one of the candidates before she went for interview. She said she was not nervous.

Personal Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Applied through jobstreet.
    Phone interview with HR
    Got invited for interview the following week.
    During the interview: was asked to fill up behaviour question form, then proceeded to group interview and then personal interview(it was with a manager and a hr).

Collection Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2017.

Interview

First, phone interview. They asked mostly about your education background, your work experience, what you aspire to be, and explain the job scope of the position. Then, will schedule a face to face interview. The phone interview lasts about 30 minutes.
    Second, face to face interview. Two interviewers. They spent a lot of time to explain the job scope with you, very detailed about the daily, monthly, individual and team targets that you need to achieve. The interview lasts about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the angry customer?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working with targets?   Answer Question
    • If you are being offered another position at another company, which one will you choose? Why?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a week later. Asked to complete a video interview within the week.

Video interview was pretty standard consisting of about 6-7 questions asking about yourself, the job and others.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

It was a panel interview but they only asked 2 to 3 questions. 50% of the time was them sharing about the role and the other 50% was actual interview. The environment was relax, which was good.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1. Video Interview
    - All behavioural questions

2. HR interview (ended at this stage)
    - Behavioural questions similar to the first stage

Applied for treasury and corporate banking dept

Was called for the interview only to realise that these depts have already been filled

Absolute waste of time, HR could have been more professional and not called me down to avoid the unnecessary paper works and time. More due diligence required by the HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to work with a difficult colleague   Answer Question

Young Bankers Programmer Interview

Interview

First is an online video interview, then a face-to-face interview if you get through the online interview. There are around 6-7 questions for the online interview, with questions like "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?". The interviewer for the face-to-face interview is really friendly and and the questions are mostly situational.