Ocbc Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

206 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Young Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was told there will be 3-4 stages of interview depending on the department you are appying/assigned to.
    I had the video interview followed by the HR interview. Behavioural questions were asked for both stages. The HR interviewer was friendly and I would say the whole process was less than 30minutes.

Postgraduate Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

There are 3 stages of the application process:

1. Online assessment (verbal reasoning and numerical tests)
    2. Assessment Centre (group discussion, case study and presentation)
    3. Interview

Candidates with MBA background will be preferred.

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Applied through their website and received a call go for Interview at OCBC Centre @Chulia Street. Quite awkward during the interview as it was conducted in a 2 vs 2 scenario. The hiring manager/ HR and 2 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you do not achieve the set targets for a few months in a row?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2017.

Interview

The first interview was really nice as the interviewer was really friendly and only asked some brief questions about my background etc. The second interview was a bit tough as it was a group interview where you had to be grouped and sit in a room filled with 10 judges. We were given a case study and one person had to present in front of everyone after 1 hour of discussing. It was really competitive as everyone had something to say.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why are you interested to join OCBC and not other banks?   Answer Question

Young Bankers Programmer Interview

Interview

Went for one on one HR interview with general questions and your preference regarding the department of your choice, situational questions.

Invited for the online video interview consisting of 7 questions mostly behavioural/situational questions.

Young Bankers Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

This is review about video interview with OCBC YBP. This is my second round, my first was with an HR officer. There are 2 practice questions which you can do multiple times and 7 interview questions, Before each question, the clock gave you around 30s-1min to read and 1.5 mins to 3 mins to answer. I think it's best to practice much more before hand, otherwise like me, it's quite nerve racking to see yourself in camera.

Interview Questions

• Give a short introduction about yourself (1:30 mins)   Answer Question
    • Share with us your career plan for the next 3- 5 years and how you see them realized in OCBC Banks   Answer Question
    • Working with others usually involves some give and take. Describe a situation where you worked out an agreement with your co-worker or team member.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of the time you were particularly dissatisfied with your project work situation and explain why the situation was unpleasant.   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else you want to add on about yourself that makes you different from others?   Answer Question
    • You now have 2 minutes to add on any further comments you may have.   Answer Question

Personal Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

Interview

In the beginning, HR will invite you to watch a short video and fill up the form they prepared.
     After that, i am invited to enter a small room they used to conduct the panel interview. The hiring manager and HR staff are friendly, so the whole interview process is relax. The interview take around 15min and that is all.

Personal Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was manageable. Was put under stress test to assess the candidate's ability to handle stress. After the interview, I was given the opportunity to clarify any burning questions that I might have. Overall, the interview was very transparent as it tends to paint the reality of the job which is good for one to adjust its expectations.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

4 interview stages in total. I've only cleared 3 stages.
    Stage 1 is phone interview. I got my call two weeks after my application. The call took about half an hour. Asking you some basic question like introducing yourself, why did you apply this programme, where do you see yourself in 5 years, your leadership experiences...
    Stage 2 was about meeting with a HR staff. Basically asking the same general questions and you have to make your choice of division that you hope to join.
    Stage 3 took place a month after my stage 2 was conducted. It was a group assessment. You will be pre-selected into a group of 5 to 6 candidates. Case study will be given and you will have to discuss the case study with your teammates. Select one member among your team to present your team's findings. There will be interviewers sitting in the same room with you and do observation during the discussions but they will not be responding.

Young Bankers Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Waited for a while before my turn. There are 3 YBP candidates including me. Managed to talk to one of the candidates before she went for interview. She said she was not nervous.